BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PCB has officially announced Dev Whatmore will be head coach

post your opinions please

regards
KP

If i remember correctly, he was a very strict coach. Pakistani team, sure can use some discipline.

Hattz off for Mohsin Khan....You led us well! Best of wishes for Dave for continuation of his predecessor's achievements
1101419462-1.jpg

Dav Whatmore named Pakistan's new coach

Former Sri Lanka and Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore has been appointed the new coach of Pakistan.

The 57-year-old, who played seven Tests for Australia in 1979, has agreed a two-year contract to replace Mohsin Khan, who had been in temporary charge.

Englishman Julien Fountain will become the team's fielding coach and has also signed a two-year contract.

"We don't want peaks and troughs," Whatmore said. "We want the team to be at a good level for a long period."

Under Mohsin, Pakistan completed a surprise 3-0 Test series victory over the world number one-ranked team England in February.

They were expected to win the one-day international (ODI) series as well but lost all four matches, and were beaten 2-1 in the Twenty20 series.

Pakistan are currently fifth in the Test rankings and sixth in ODIs.

"It will take time to get them to the top," Whatmore admitted. "To achieve anything, you have to take small steps. We are focused on those steps now rather than the ultimate goal."

The first challenge for the new coaching structure will be the Asia Cup triangular series against India and Bangladesh this month.

BBC Sport - Dav Whatmore named Pakistan's new coach

I think he is a good appointment - he has experience in the sub continent. Did wonders in the 1990s with the Sri Lankans. I think we should simply use the Asia cup to give experience to the youngsters.

Whatmore is a very acccomplished coach. He coached Sri lanka to victory in 1996. And helped bangladesh claim the scalp of bigger teams in 2007 world cup

i think he can be next woolmer for us as wolmer gave us younis khan and yousuf they were there but wolmer made them better players hope with whatmore experience i think we can get few better batsman specially batsman like asad shafiq,naser jamshed and few others will benefit from him he will make them even better players and whatever faws they have in batting will go as younis and yousuf were two have flaws worked with wolmer they become hardened players but we need to bring players like amir sohail,waseem,waqar in PCB think tank and few other and open that national academy becoz if someone get drop from side he can work out his flaws in national academy and come back strongly and pakistan willl not be short of good players

Back
Top Bottom