What's new

Dev Anand Passes Away

No sir he was Gregory Peck of indian cinema & his real name was 'Dev Dutt Pishori Mall Anand' or Dharam Dev Pishori Anand was born on 26 September 1923 in Shakargarh Tehsil of Gurdaspur district (now in Narowal District, Pakistan)and Dev graduated in English Literature from the Government College, Lahore, (now in Pakistan)..He is also Mamu Jaan of renowned Hindi and English film director Shekhar Kapur

you hit the bull eye ! :tup: yes indeed he was the Gregory Peck of indian cinema no other actor could do it many tried like , Jackie shroff ,vivek mushran, & to some extent even arjun rampal but only Dev anand did it with such grace after all he was the one who found the path breaking trend of indian cinema with "Guide" even his worst critiques had to agree that it was a "masterpiece"

1 of my favourite songzzz!!!!!

thumbs up if u listen this in 2011:tup:

+1 :tup: to that.
Just to share some info about this song and its creation. The music composer was S.D. Burman and he worked on many Navketan projects that featured Dev Anand; a very productive collaboration.
Now the song itself starts with a music piece which replicates a music-box tune (in the movie, its a music-box in a cigarrette case). For those who don't know music-boxes were very small and compact mechanical devices which a system of various shaped discs, hammers and levers driven by clock-work played out tunes.
In this song though it was composed by Sachinda, his music arranger was a man called Shamrao Kamble. Arrangers flesh out the basic tunes composed by the music director and make out the sub-tunes, interludes etc for musicians who accompany the singer in the song and write out the notations for the musicians to follow.
In this instance Shamrao composed the intro music-box piece on a xylophone. It was liked so much by all concerned (not least of all S.D. Burman himself) that it was used in other parts of the movie by itself as a hook to attach flash-backs. Few people in the public got know of this, though it became a signature tune of sorts. When I accompanied a friend of mine to interview Shamrao on a music project; we came to know of this. Shamrao was (he is no more) a legendary arranger who worked a long time with S.D. Burman, R.D. Burman and many other music legends right up to ShivKumar Sharma and Hariprasad Chaurasia's Shiv-Hari duo in Bollywood.

The song is sung by the immortal Mohammed Rafi; who sang it in his uniquely inimitable style. And he added is own personal touch to it. Check out the first verse line ".....fifra ko udaata...". The first time, he sings it " fikra ko udaa" and stops there just letting the rest of the unsaid word just soar away in the air as if actually in flight. That was his own spontaneous touch tah really stands out. That was Mohammed rafi.

I can't remember who wrote the lyrics (was it Sahir Ludhianvi?) but the words bring a beautiful base to the whole song. Extraordinary poetry (shayari) helped to turn out a masterpiece.

So many people helped to make this beautiful song.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP.. a joy to watch on the screen..

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

One of my Dev A favorites..

Last edited by a moderator:
Even words are not enough to pay homage to your Contribution to Hindi Film Industry, Nobody can match your style and way of talking - you were just superb. We'll miss you a Lot.

His earlier movies, made by others were good. Movies he made and acted in were shi*t to be honest.
But he was ever young in his heart, you cant deny that.

every one in this world would die one day this is the rule of nature . but what he have done for the world and how the people would remember him . rip the death of the ever green actor .:cry:

Back
Top Bottom