What's new

Denmark becomes first European country to ban AstraZeneca vaccine for good

ARMalik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Denmark becomes first European country to ban AstraZeneca vaccine for good

Denmark became the first European country on Wednesday to announce it is banning the use of the coronavirus vaccine AstraZeneca for good.

Despite recommendations from the World Health Organization and European medicines watchdog to continue using the inoculation, "Denmark's vaccination campaign will go ahead without the AstraZeneca vaccine," Health Authority director Soren Brostrom told a press conference.

Denmark was the first country in Europe to suspend the use of the AstraZeneca jab in its vaccination rollout, after reports of rare but serious cases of blood clots among those that had received the vaccine.

More than a dozen countries followed suit but all but a few have since resumed the use after the European Medicines Agency (EMA) emphasised the benefits of the vaccine and deemed it "safe and effective".

Denmark had however continued to hold off using the vaccine as it conducted investigations of its own.

In Denmark, two cases of thrombosis, one of which was fatal, were linked to vaccinations after more than 140,000 people received the jab made by the Anglo-Swedish drugmaker.

In the country of 5.8 million inhabitants, 8% have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and 17% have received the first dose.

Since suspending the use of the AstraZeneca jab in March, Denmark has continued with the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna jabs.

The AstraZeneca suspension delays the country's ambitious vaccine rollout plans, but the health authority said in a statement that the availability of other vaccines combined with the pandemic being under control at the moment meant the inoculation campaign could continue without it.

J&J may be the next on the chopping block. I wonder if this clotting issue is related to adenovirus used.

J&J may be the next on the chopping block. I wonder if this clotting issue is related to adenovirus used.

Astrazeneca isn't a human adenovirus, J&J is at a much lower one incident per million vaccine (Astrazeneca @ 4 per million) - J&J all women, all young. Possibly linked to vaccine interaction with birth control pills among other causes being actively investigated.

Astra-Zeneca does need to invest in researching mRNA technology, it does seem to be the future. Of course, strategically Astra-Zeneca has the problem that it is selling its vaccine at cost, whereas all its competitors are selling them at large profits. This means that Astra-Zeneca is already financially comprimised in setting up the R&D required for mRNA. Is the generiosity of Astra-Zeneca going to be the cause of it ultimate down-fall ???????

I am little worried, we mostly had AstraZenca vaccine administered in the UK, including me and the family.
Our second jab is due in middle of May. This is worrying to say the least.

I am little worried, we mostly had AstraZenca vaccine administered in the UK, including me and the family.
Our second jab is due in middle of May. This is worrying to say the least.

Check the ages of your family. Under the age of 70yrs, it's less fatal than the normal flu.

Denmark is an independent country which cares for its people, and is NOT A BANANA REPUBLIC. It has taken the right decision to ban this poison called Astra-Zenica.

Astra-Zeneca does need to invest in researching mRNA technology, it does seem to be the future. Of course, strategically Astra-Zeneca has the problem that it is selling its vaccine at cost, whereas all its competitors are selling them at large profits. This means that Astra-Zeneca is already financially comprimised in setting up the R&D required for mRNA. Is the generiosity of Astra-Zeneca going to be the cause of it ultimate down-fall ???????

I don't think so - this is the only issue. Astra Zeneca has its back against the wall from the EU saga. Also to note that Pfizer and others have large lobbying groups banking on their sale. The EU started with Astra Zeneca but then moved to Pfizer etc, it all happened before the blood clot issue came to light. This is the perfect scapegoat to move to Pfizer etc and make millions. I can only attribute this to lobbying by the other Pharma companies.

The blood clot issue within the NHS has been debunked as nonsense. The rate of clots is not abnormal hence cannot be attributed solely to the vaccine. The CCP bots here will not get over this topic. Time will tell.

The Danes are too stupid. They should learn more from PDF. We have many experts who claim that there is no problem with this vaccine. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom