WzC5BpQ.jpg

0pK3q32h.jpg

DwdbZY5h.jpg

hVcWtkt.jpg

oVGMoBTh.jpg

jG6gbFAh.jpg

kZMuwbNh.jpg

AirForces Monthly # April 2013 ; Pages: 76 - 85

Why did they use the term Delta Force here...so far I know BD army has Delta Force commandos like US?

Fantastic title they gave it!! - Delta Force!! ..... Bangladesh is the delta of three mighty rivers.... and guardians of that Delta are supposed to be the "Delta Force", isn't it? .... perfect!! :D

Let me read the whole thing.... will come back later with my opinion..... thanks @TheOccupiedKashmir for sharing this... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
according to report BAF is planning for 10 squadrons of 4++ gen aircrafts (160 units) :woot: :yay:

Thats alot if its buying in one time. But is this inclusive of the aircrafts that BAF is getting from the Russian loan credit?

Just gone through the whole report. My takes from this report are:

1. The way BAF has been utilising its scarce resources & applying a lotta ingenuity; even the UN recognised this, as we are operating our Mi-17s in the DR Congo
2. BAF is thinking long-term and in a very very cool manner; keeping its goals straight; funds are flowing now.... so, it will be just a matter of time before BAF becomes a formidable deterrent
3. Steps towards self-reliance, leading to a new indigenous basic trainer aircraft; and also to overhaul airframes from other air forces, keeping business-focused
4. Excellent standard of training, which led us to train instructors from other air forces
5. Maritime strike is getting more importance; the Navy is getting lion's share right now

I was impressed by the overall professional approach of BAF.

Another observation:
The Air Marshal said that - "once the new overhaul facility constructed at Kurmitola is complete" ...... as far as I know, this facility was inaugurated by the PM on 04 December 2011...... this report in on the magazine's April 2013 issue.... something is not right...

Another observation:
The Air Marshal said that - "once the new overhaul facility constructed at Kurmitola is complete" ...... as far as I know, this facility was inaugurated by the PM on 04 December 2011...... this report in on the magazine's April 2013 issue.... something is not right...

This interview was with former Air chief- It wasn't built back then and im sure they did this interview a while back but just waited a bit and wanted more information to make a good Article.

Thats alot if its buying in one time. But is this inclusive of the aircrafts that BAF is getting from the Russian loan credit?

i think it is like 10 years purchase plan. yak 130 is not fighter aircraft, those are trainer+ light attack aircraft.

i think it is like 10 years purchase plan. yak 130 is not fighter aircraft, those are trainer+ light attack aircraft.

So will the F-7BGI be in operation at that time? And BAF will be getting aircrafts only from Russia is it? So the agreement with Russia is only for YAK 130? Not for other aircrafts right?

Fantastic title they gave it!! - Delta Force!! ..... Bangladesh is the delta of three mighty rivers.... and guardians of that Delta are supposed to be the "Delta Force", isn't it? .... perfect!! :D

Let me read the whole thing.... will come back later with my opinion..... thanks @TheOccupiedKashmir for sharing this... :)

I wonder why we always go with western styled names ....lets keep things Desi ...

@Star Wars

The post above yours gave an excellent explanation

My first reaction was same as yours btw :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom