What's new

DELL or ASUS laptop ???

When did I bash AMD card??

AMD Graphic is and ALWAYS is behind Nvidia, and Nvidia chip is and ALWAYS is more expensive. Those are the FACTS because it's AMD who release their product first , then Nvidia, each Nvidia card are designed as to beat the AMD card. This is a fact, anyone who work in computing industry in some degree would have tell you that.

ANd you said you know computer.......You said you use benching software, did you try bench each and different generation of ATi vs NVIDIA card??

Oh, someone has done it for you already

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

Of course, if you want to compare the HD7990 with GTX 520, then of course Ati is going to take the Nvidia down LMFAO

Apparently your knowledge of Economics/Business Studies sucks too.

Nvidea Cards beat ATI hands down ..Anyone who is into gaming will Tell You that.

I had a Old 256mb ddr3 Nvidea 8600 M (antique nowadays) ..Then I bought another ATi 1 Gigabyte ddr3 4650 HD...Surprisely Nvidea gave Better framerates and Graphics then my ati card.

tell that to the dude below, he will think you are a fanboy of Nvidia and trolling and Bashing AMD too :lol:

Apparently your knowledge of Economics/Business Studies sucks too.

So, is this the best you can do? Mate, you offer nothing on the table, can you just shove off and stop saying other bashing whatever, as

A.) you have no proof
B.) You have absolutely NO IDEA with computer component.
C.) Pretty sure my business knowledge is better than yours.

Thank you and good night

tell that to the dude below, he will think you are a fanboy of Nvidia and trolling and Bashing AMD too :lol:

So, is this the best you can do? Mate, you offer nothing on the table, can you just shove off and stop saying other bashing whatever, as

A.) you have no proof

Thank you and good night

Hey.. he's trolling. You don't have to reply. Almost everything you wrote is correct.

A.) you have no proof

Thank you and good night

Lol I'm doing a masters in Economics and Business plus I know my **** in gaming, so please.
Let me explain, each company aims for a segment of the market the other hasn't covered - so for example if someone's budget is less than 100%, tell me a single nVidia card that beats, or even matches, AMD at that level? Similarly find an nVidia card between the 250$ and 300$ price levels.
And finally, AMD's best single GPU offer beats nVidia's alternate 680 by 50$ less and still maintains edge in overall performance.

And finally, I own an nVidia and recently bought an nVidia for a friend (and recommended one on this thread itself), so if you're gonna call me a fanboy for defending AMD then I rest my case.

Hey.. he's trolling. You don't have to reply. Almost everything you wrote is correct.

Wuld you like some pompoms?

Lol I'm doing a masters in Economics and Business plus I know my **** in gaming, so please.
Let me explain, each company aims for a segment of the market the other hasn't covered - so for example if someone's budget is less than 100%, tell me a single nVidia card that beats, or even matches, AMD at that level? Similarly find an nVidia card between the 250$ and 300$ price levels.
And finally, AMD's best single GPU offer beats nVidia's alternate 680 by 50$ less and still maintains edge in overall performance.

And finally, I own an nVidia and recently bought an nVidia for a friend (and recommended one on this thread itself), so if you're gonna call me a fanboy for defending AMD then I rest my case.

Wuld you like some pompoms?

What you are essentially saying is, let me rephrase this,

ATi Chips although is not the best block on the road, they are the best with cheap price range and this is what Nvidia have not offered. And hence Ati card is BETTER than Nvidia card

So, I can say, Chinese car is not probably the best car to own, but try name one Japanese car brand that can have what Chinese car have in that price range? So, in all, Chinese car is of good quality than Japanese car.

This remind me of what my Economy professor say when I am doing my master

A consumer wanted to buy high end product usually will not put price at the very front of their consideration. For example, if I want to buy a super car, I have a choice between a USD250,000 Ferrari and a $350,000 Lambo. I will not go for the Ferrari simply because they are $100,000 cheaper. Given I do not have brand loyalty and the Lambo is actually better than the Ferrari.

I don't know where were you doing your Master of Economy, but your institution seems shiite to me.......

By the way. You should also recheck your fact about the price range of Nvidia card and Ati Card

HD7750 ($95) < GT650 ($105)
HD7770 ($115) < GT650Ti ($120)
HD7850 ($170) < GT660 ($190)
HD7870 ($225) < GT660Ti ($270)
HD7950 ($270) < GT670 ($330)
HD7970 ($390) < GT680 ($410)
HD7990 ($999) < GT780 ($649)

Actually, according to Passmark Benchmark, a rebranded 780 is a lot better than the best single GPU from Ati. BOTH PRICE AND QUALITY

Price 690(GT780) vs 999 (HD7990)
Quality-wise 7519 (GT780) vs 5105 (HD7990)

so your comment

AMD's best single GPU offer beats nVidia's alternate 680 by 50$ less and still maintains edge in overall performance.

is simply and utter, WRONG.

PS 680 cost USD409.99 also beat 7990 IN PERFORMANCE which cost $999

So, I don't even know where your comment is stemming from. I wonder which college would take people who can't read to their master degree??

Did someone say ATI is better than Nvidia? What trickery is this? What blasphemy is this?

I....was a hardcore gamer during my college days. Nvidia always takes the cake in that regard.

Go with the Asus.

Dells customer service is horrible and they are known for their junk in Canada.

Though I have never had much interaction with ASUS customer service, though I have heard good things, their laptops are known for their quality especially among gamers and we have one in the house (amazing quality in comparison to the other brands I have bought). HP used to be a great company but they have also started to go downhill.

Let me know if you want to know anything specific about the two laptops.

Just a quick note the ASUS specs are far better overall. Note, the ATI 8730M is only comparable to the NVIDIA 635M so the 650M will last you a lot longer in terms of future proofing.

What you are essentially saying is, let me rephrase this,

ATi Chips although is not the best block on the road, they are the best with cheap price range and this is what Nvidia have not offered. And hence Ati card is BETTER than Nvidia card

So, I can say, Chinese car is not probably the best car to own, but try name one Japanese car brand that can have what Chinese car have in that price range? So, in all, Chinese car is of good quality than Japanese car.

This remind me of what my Economy professor say when I am doing my master

A consumer wanted to buy high end product usually will not put price at the very front of their consideration. For example, if I want to buy a super car, I have a choice between a USD250,000 Ferrari and a $350,000 Lambo. I will not go for the Ferrari simply because they are $100,000 cheaper. Given I do not have brand loyalty and the Lambo is actually better than the Ferrari.

I don't know where were you doing your Master of Economy, but your institution seems shiite to me.......

By the way. You should also recheck your fact about the price range of Nvidia card and Ati Card

HD7750 ($95) < GT650 ($105)
HD7770 ($115) < GT650Ti ($120)
HD7850 ($170) < GT660 ($190)
HD7870 ($225) < GT660Ti ($270)
HD7950 ($270) < GT670 ($330)
HD7970 ($390) < GT680 ($410)
HD7990 ($999) < GT780 ($649)

Actually, according to Passmark Benchmark, a rebranded 780 is a lot better than the best single GPU from Ati. BOTH PRICE AND QUALITY

Price 690(GT780) vs 999 (HD7990)
Quality-wise 7519 (GT780) vs 5105 (HD7990)

so your comment

is simply and utter, WRONG.

PS 680 cost USD409.99 also beat 7990 IN PERFORMANCE which cost $999

So, I don't even know where your comment is stemming from. I wonder which college would take people who can't read to their master degree??

You fucked up your prices to prove a point? Seriously did nVidia give you a subsidy because otherwise I don't see any way your little store could even break even at those prices.
In terms of performance, the first three are correct but the prices are much further away than that. Not everyone gets discounts on nVidia products like you do.
Then for the last three your benchmark must be homemade, or maybe nVidia made it for you? Since all those cards beat nVidia at a significant price difference too. 7950 is much cheaper and only negligibly lower, and it's a fact it overclocks massively more than 670 and beats it without competition. 7970 beats 680 in price AND performance, so idk where you got that from.
Of course, you could pull out some physx based benchmarks and prove me wrong, then your money your wish.
And who in the right mind would compare 7990 with 680? It beats the 690 but I'd still (to be fair) say 690 is better as nVidia's drivers are more mature (this hints that AMD maybe more future proof).
In some of these you might be right, but it wasn't my case to bash ALL nVidias in the first place, that was your stand. Even if I can prove one of your example wrong it means you lost as you claimed ALL AMDs are worse in price and performance, but I destroyed pretty much all of your claims.
You can argue over benchmarks all year long, it's your money, but please don't give bs advice to others and keep your opinion to yourself and try to stick to the facts.

You fucked up your prices to prove a point? Seriously did nVidia give you a subsidy because otherwise I don't see any way your little store could even break even at those prices.

I don't know if you are stupid or your local computer store is just ripping you off, the price I quote on NVIDIA is actually higher than the store I am working for.

According to this store

Gigabyte

Gigabyte GF GT610 GV-N610SL-1GI - $38AUD (36 USD)
Gigabyte GV-N630-2GI GF GT630 - $63AUD(59 USD)
Gigabyte GV-N640OC-2GI GF GT640 - $87AUD(82 USD)
Gigabyte GV-N650OC-2GI GF GTX650 OC - $129AUD(122USD)
Asus ENGTX650TI-1GD5 GF GTX650 Ti -$149AUD(141USD)
Gigabyte GF GTX 650TI BOOST EDITION N65TBOC-2G - $185AUD(176USD)
Gigabyte GV-N660OC-2GD GF GTX660 OC EDITION - $208AUD(197USD)
Gigabyte GV-N66TOC-2GD GF GTX660Ti OC EDITION - $308AUD(293USD)
Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD GTX670 OC EDITION -$379AUD(360USD)
Gigabyte GV-N680SO-2GD GF GTX680 Super OC -$485AUD(461USD)

This store sell those card to EVERYONE, not just to people who have a discount with Nvidia, with the exception of 550Ti, every other cards are within 10 USD different from the price I quote, which is buying them form US. So, am I getting special discount from Nvidia or you simply just being ripped off? It's your call

In terms of performance, the first three are correct but the prices are much further away than that. Not everyone gets discounts on nVidia products like you do.

According to Passmark, you are wrong

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmark Charts

High End Display card bench - PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

Value for performance - PassMark Videocard Value Chart - Performance / Price of Videocards

Then for the last three your benchmark must be homemade, or maybe nVidia made it for you?

You call Benchmark homemade??

I wanted to own Passmark bench mark too

Since all those cards beat nVidia at a significant price difference too. 7950 is much cheaper and only negligibly lower, and it's a fact it overclocks massively more than 670 and beats it without competition. 7970 beats 680 in price AND performance, so idk where you got that from.

Of course, you could pull out some physx based benchmarks and prove me wrong, then your money your wish.

Already proof that your word is shiite, what else is new??

And who in the right mind would compare 7990 with 680?

umm. you did, when you say this

AMD's best single GPU offer beats nVidia's alternate 680 by 50$ less and still maintains edge in overall performance.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/technology-science/255556-dell-asus-laptop-9.html#ixzz2VjH7u2LL

AMD's best single GPU is 7990 (although it's just 2 7970 chips set put together) so, literally you say this first, or have you forget about it, did you take your pill yet??

It beats the 690 but I'd still (to be fair) say 690 is better as nVidia's drivers are more mature (this hints that AMD maybe more future proof).

according to passmark, you're wrong

In some of these you might be right, but it wasn't my case to bash ALL nVidias in the first place, that was your stand. Even if I can prove one of your example wrong it means you lost as you claimed ALL AMDs are worse in price and performance, but I destroyed pretty much all of your claims.

well, I yet to see any of your point being supported by any of the bench mark test, so, as far as I concern, you destroyed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but your own claim

You can argue over benchmarks all year long, it's your money, but please don't give bs advice to others and keep your opinion to yourself and try to stick to the facts.

If you cannot compare a graphic card via benchmark, what should we compare to? Your feeling? Get some HARD FACT, not BRAIN FART first, then we can talk, if not, ta-ta

You have NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING to back up your claim, yet do we suppose to believe you as the computer god?? God, I wonder how old exactly you were

I don't know if you are stupid or your local computer store is just ripping you off, the price I quote on NVIDIA is actually higher than the store I am working for.

According to this store

Gigabyte

Gigabyte GF GT610 GV-N610SL-1GI - $38AUD (36 USD)
Gigabyte GV-N630-2GI GF GT630 - $63AUD(59 USD)
Gigabyte GV-N640OC-2GI GF GT640 - $87AUD(82 USD)
Gigabyte GV-N650OC-2GI GF GTX650 OC - $129AUD(122USD)
Asus ENGTX650TI-1GD5 GF GTX650 Ti -$149AUD(141USD)
Gigabyte GF GTX 650TI BOOST EDITION N65TBOC-2G - $185AUD(176USD)
Gigabyte GV-N660OC-2GD GF GTX660 OC EDITION - $208AUD(197USD)
Gigabyte GV-N66TOC-2GD GF GTX660Ti OC EDITION - $308AUD(293USD)
Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD GTX670 OC EDITION -$379AUD(360USD)
Gigabyte GV-N680SO-2GD GF GTX680 Super OC -$485AUD(461USD)

This store sell those card to EVERYONE, not just to people who have a discount with Nvidia, with the exception of 550Ti, every other cards are within 10 USD different from the price I quote, which is buying them form US. So, am I getting special discount from Nvidia or you simply just being ripped off? It's your call

According to Passmark, you are wrong

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmark Charts

High End Display card bench - PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

Value for performance - PassMark Videocard Value Chart - Performance / Price of Videocards

You call Benchmark homemade??

I wanted to own Passmark bench mark too

Already proof that your word is shiite, what else is new??

umm. you did, when you say this

AMD's best single GPU is 7990 (although it's just 2 7970 chips set put together) so, literally you say this first, or have you forget about it, did you take your pill yet??

according to passmark, you're wrong

well, I yet to see any of your point being supported by any of the bench mark test, so, as far as I concern, you destroyed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but your own claim

If you cannot compare a graphic card via benchmark, what should we compare to? Your feeling? Get some HARD FACT, not BRAIN FART first, then we can talk, if not, ta-ta

You have NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING to back up your claim, yet do we suppose to believe you as the computer god?? God, I wonder how old exactly you were

You're still glued to that passmark bs? That's the most irrelevant site ever. And I got my prices from ebay and amazon and in general, your website is wrong.
Try this tomshardware.com and search for best graphics card for the money may (or june if it's there)
And if you don't believe it, GOOGLE! Better to get your opinion from multiple sites.

And lastly, 7990 is DUAL GPU, NOT SINGLE *smh* now you're not even making sense.

Now what more do you want?

You're still glued to that passmark bs? That's the most irrelevant site ever.

Benchmark BS or your BS? I will choose Benchmark BS anyday.

And I got my prices from ebay and amazon and in general, your website is wrong.

Well, if you want to buy stuff that's more expensive then usually, it's your choice, but the website I got is not wrong, you are wrong,

But to float your boat, I will quote from E-bay.

Palit nVIDIA GeForce GT640 1GB Gaming Video Card Graphics HDMI 1024MB DVI VGA -GT640 - 89.95 AUD

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650 OC 1GB Hdmi DVI Vdieo Card Beat GT610 GT620 GT630 | eBay GTX650 - 134 AUD

Palit Geforce GTX650TI 1GB Gaming Video Card Nvidia Graphics 1024MB Hdmi DVI VGA | eBay GTX650Ti - 159.95 AUD

Gainward GTX660_GS 2G GDDR5 Golden Sample 2048 MB Gaming Video HDMI 2xDVI DSP GTX660 - 209 AUD

PALIT GeForce GTX660Ti 2GB Gaming Video Card nVIDIA Graphics 2048MB HDMI DVI GTX660Ti - 309 AUD

Brand NEW Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WF2 2GB Hdmi Pcie 3 0 Video Graphics Card | eBay GTX670 - 359 AUD

ASUS Nvidia GTX670 GTX 670 2GB DCII Gaming Video Same Series GTX680 Beat GTX580 GTX680 - 474 AUD

I don't know which ebay you quote your price from, maybe Pakistani ebay charge 20% surcharge, who knows.

Try this tomshardware.com and search for best graphics card for the money may (or june if it's there)

I never say ATi card is not value for money, I am saying ATi card is not better than Nvidia card, I admitted a LONG TIME AGO that N-card is more expensive than ATi, what do you want??

And if you don't believe it, GOOGLE! Better to get your opinion from multiple sites.

Oh, well........

And lastly, 7990 is DUAL GPU, NOT SINGLE *smh* now you're not even making sense.

Now what more do you want?

Have you not heard of "Single Dual GPU" and "Dual Single GPU"

Card like HD6990 and HD7990 are Single Dual GPU, still a "Single GPU"

Dual single GPU cards vs. single dual GPU cards - Graphics Cards - Graphics & Displays
Dual Single GPU or Single Dual GPU

the simple fact that they have dual graphic chips does not make them Dual GPU, which usually mean 2 GPU.

Benchmark BS or your BS? I will choose Benchmark BS anyday.

Well, if you want to buy stuff that's more expensive then usually, it's your choice, but the website I got is not wrong, you are wrong,

But to float your boat, I will quote from E-bay.

Palit nVIDIA GeForce GT640 1GB Gaming Video Card Graphics HDMI 1024MB DVI VGA -GT640 - 89.95 AUD

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650 OC 1GB Hdmi DVI Vdieo Card Beat GT610 GT620 GT630 | eBay GTX650 - 134 AUD

Palit Geforce GTX650TI 1GB Gaming Video Card Nvidia Graphics 1024MB Hdmi DVI VGA | eBay GTX650Ti - 159.95 AUD

Gainward GTX660_GS 2G GDDR5 Golden Sample 2048 MB Gaming Video HDMI 2xDVI DSP GTX660 - 209 AUD

PALIT GeForce GTX660Ti 2GB Gaming Video Card nVIDIA Graphics 2048MB HDMI DVI GTX660Ti - 309 AUD

Brand NEW Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WF2 2GB Hdmi Pcie 3 0 Video Graphics Card | eBay GTX670 - 359 AUD

ASUS Nvidia GTX670 GTX 670 2GB DCII Gaming Video Same Series GTX680 Beat GTX580 GTX680 - 474 AUD

I don't know which ebay you quote your price from, maybe Pakistani ebay charge 20% surcharge, who knows.

I never say ATi card is not value for money, I am saying ATi card is not better than Nvidia card, I admitted a LONG TIME AGO that N-card is more expensive than ATi, what do you want??

Oh, well........

Have you not heard of "Single Dual GPU" and "Dual Single GPU"

Card like HD6990 and HD7990 are Single Dual GPU, still a "Single GPU"

Dual single GPU cards vs. single dual GPU cards - Graphics Cards - Graphics & Displays
Dual Single GPU or Single Dual GPU

the simple fact that they have dual graphic chips does not make them Dual GPU, which usually mean 2 GPU.

You have too much free time don't you? I only needed to prove that even one single AMD card can beat an nvidia at the same price to win, and I did multiple so there's no reason to go on.

Btw, I'm not in Pakistan and the exchange rate here is fixed so I don't have to worry about that.

You have too much free time don't you? I only needed to prove that even one single AMD card can beat an nvidia at the same price to win, and I did multiple so there's no reason to go on.

Btw, I'm not in Pakistan and the exchange rate here is fixed so I don't have to worry about that.

Please, do try to proof, I am waiting.

and no, I don't know which E-BAY you use, but the E-Bay I use support my argument, you could probably argue the E-bay you use is different than the one I am using, hell, you can always purposely use a more expensive e-bay listing to proof your point, but then what's the point??

If you have nothing else to say, then please do not say anything, you are just embarrassing yourselves further.

Back
Top Bottom