What's new

DELL or ASUS laptop ???

Ok guys i want you those who are looking to buy desktops, all in ones and laptop please do not buy it and wait for a month or 45 days before Hasswell processors arrive in full bloom do not buy anything right now! Intel Hasswell are more powerful, less power consumption and 2X better graphics.

are you kidding have you seen Haswell reviews that is out ,only several ultra high priced chip have GT3 graphic and on average Haswell is only less than 10% more powerful than Ivy-bridge , it was a total disappointment .

Actually different brand have the "SAME" stuff inside, so there are no such things as giving you better quality parts over the other

Display card wise, Nvidia chips (Not a card in Laptop) is ALWAYS better than ATi Card (This is a given). But since almost all laptop have intelligent control which will shift your graphic chip to on board CPU chip when the graphic running is low or your system is about to be overheated. It is not much of the different. Both 650M and 8730 are mid range card, they will not have MUCH different. Both Chips are 128 bits, while 650M are 900/900/5000 on 2 GB VRAM , 8730 is only 700/1000/4500 on 2G VRAM. The 650M beats 8730 hands down.

Package wise, ASUS have a better design than Dell, and Asus have a better heat exhausting system than dell, so if you consider running your system for a long time with top setting, GO FOR ASUS, otherwise you will be keep using your warranty on your dell.

Dell however, will give you more value for money. That's really depend on you.

If I were you, go to your vendor and ask for a prototype, try on both keyboard BEFORE making a judgment, you will spend much much more time on the tiny keyboard than doing anything else with your computer, it should be the TOP Priority when you are choosing your Laptop. Unless you want to save for money for a chiropractor in the future.

Exactly. I meet many people who are like Sony Vaios are amazing and blah blah. Yes they're good. But you probably can get that same hardware (processor, motherboard, graphics card) at almost half of its price.

well guys my first vid will be a general video like "when Purchased" ill do detailed one later :) thanks for the info.... it will certainly help me in my later vid :)

dude, I had been working in a computer store for over 2 year and build 306 computers and server on the progress.

Am I look like I am trolling.

I think you meant 2 years ago, because as of now no company called ATi exists. Though for what is left in the market, your statement does not apply.

are you kidding have you seen Haswell reviews that is out ,only several ultra high priced chip have GT3 graphic and on average Haswell is only less than 10% more powerful than Ivy-bridge , it was a total disappointment .

Bro update yourself more and more systems are converting to Hasswell. Even so 10% is enough I would not want a 3 year old ivy bridge technology and would certainly like to move forward with new processor, new architecture that counts. Every one has their reviews AMD fanboys would still consider AMD to be best while AMD is dead.

Whether people like it or not in a few months everyone would be out of option as Hasswell will take over Sandy and Ivy bridge processors only computer builders can buy it from various sources rest would buy whatever is on the market in laptops, desktops, AIO. So there is no where else to go it does have short comings but over it has improvements over Ivy bridge and sandy, accept the change.

I think you meant 2 years ago, because as of now no company called ATi exists. Though for what is left in the market, your statement does not apply.

dude, people still call AMD HD XXXX card ATi Card in general within the business but when I go and pick up a HD7850 for example, I would say 7850, beside other than ATi, what else did my statement make you think I am trolling??

feels like you are the one who's trolling.

Exactly. I meet many people who are like Sony Vaios are amazing and blah blah. Yes they're good. But you probably can get that same hardware (processor, motherboard, graphics card) at almost half of its price.

exactly, people fail to see each brand of notebook computer using the same stuff over and over.

Different brand only offer a different internal layout and exhaust system, maybe exterior design as well, but nothing more.

Actually, it's very common in computer market, everything is a rebrand, you think Asus display card is a lot better than HIS or Sapphire card?? No. The core item is the same, only the fan made differently.

@jhungary All credit goes to Intel no matter what, AMD/Nvidia gets graphics credits yet Intel boldly jumped into the field and most cheap priced infact $900 laptops comes with Intel integrated graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
@jhungary All credit goes to Intel no matter what, AMD/Nvidia gets graphics credits yet Intel boldly jumped into the field and most cheap priced infact $900 laptops comes with Intel integrated graphics.

I don't know man, Intel is still expensive, but you get more quality, WAY LOTS MORE quality for it, nobody in this world can beat Intel Xeon processor. They may still be expensive but they did do a good value for money.

IIG is MORE Than enough for normal everyday computing. ANd it take the load off of your graphic chip if you had one by using Optimum or Optimax (I forgot the word ou of my mouth now) that switch between integrated chip to Discrete chip on high graphic intensity.

And Haswell CPU will be expensive and need some time to adapt into laptop use. By then you would much rather wait for the tick again. Which set in June 2014. However, Haswell is my tick as I am currentl using E5 processor, I may change to a Haswell server processor lol, quite tempting

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, people still call AMD HD XXXX card ATi Card in general within the business but when I go and pick up a HD7850 for example, I would say 7850, beside other than ATi, what else did my statement make you think I am trolling??

feels like you are the one who's trolling.

exactly, people fail to see each brand of notebook computer using the same stuff over and over.

Different brand only offer a different internal layout and exhaust system, maybe exterior design as well, but nothing more.

Actually, it's very common in computer market, everything is a rebrand, you think Asus display card is a lot better than HIS or Sapphire card?? No. The core item is the same, only the fan made differently.

Okay maybe not trolling, you're just being a fanboy.

Okay maybe not trolling, you're just being a fanboy.

Fanboy of what?? I did not even have a specific brand I am rooting for.

Do you even know why people in the business still call AMD video card ATi Card??

Still your post have no constructive comment beside calling me a troll and fanboy.

I still don't know which part of my statement make you think I am trolling or I am a fanboy. So, which one is it??

DELL....Asus is no less than susu. I used it and can confirm. :tdown:

I just purchased this one three months ago (Dell Inspiron 17.3"). Amazing!!!! I have always been a Dell user and has been smooth sailing til now

Fanboy of what?? I did not even have a specific brand I am rooting for.

Do you even know why people in the business still call AMD video card ATi Card??

Still your post have no constructive comment beside calling me a troll and fanboy.

I still don't know which part of my statement make you think I am trolling or I am a fanboy. So, which one is it??

And your AMD bashing is very constructive?

And your AMD bashing is very constructive?

When did I bash AMD card??

AMD Graphic is and ALWAYS is behind Nvidia, and Nvidia chip is and ALWAYS is more expensive. Those are the FACTS because it's AMD who release their product first , then Nvidia, each Nvidia card are designed as to beat the AMD card. This is a fact, anyone who work in computing industry in some degree would have tell you that.

ANd you said you know computer.......You said you use benching software, did you try bench each and different generation of ATi vs NVIDIA card??

Oh, someone has done it for you already

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

Of course, if you want to compare the HD7990 with GTX 520, then of course Ati is going to take the Nvidia down LMFAO

Nvidea Cards beat ATI hands down ..Anyone who is into gaming will Tell You that.

I had a Old 256mb ddr3 Nvidea 8600 M (antique nowadays) ..Then I bought another ATi 1 Gigabyte ddr3 4650 HD...Surprisely Nvidea gave Better framerates and Graphics then my ati card.

Back
Top Bottom