What's new

Delhi’s tortoise limbers up to Beijing’s hare

Well it will work even with a trillion people,it does not function effectively becuz of the people really don't know what is good for them unless they are educated enough
That is the point. India is not ready for a democracy. Democracy will only comes in the later stages when educational level has reached certain level.

I truly believed China will abandon authoritarian in future sometime but now is not the time. CCP is doing a good job in pulling the whole China together to steer in a single direction first. Look at most African countries with democracy failing badly for them.

What is Ah Q?

Goggle is your good friend.

That is the point. India is not ready for a democracy. Democracy will only comes in the later stages when educational level has reached certain level.

I truly believed China will abandon authoritarian in future sometime but now is not the time. CCP is doing a good job in pulling the whole China together to steer in a single direction first. Look at most African countries with democracy failing badly for them.

Goggle is your good friend.

Give me a viable alternative to democracy & i swear to god(& for us South Asians god is a very big thing) i will dedicate my life to achiveng that form of Govt in India.

It's not light years but only ten earth years, you have probably kept your calender under a light and thinking that it is showing light years. :P

I seen this before....You want to know why we doubt you, it actually has nothing to do with India per say, it has more to do with what we are as a people and as a nation.

An old thread, 5 years ago claimed our time was over(back then India was still going strong), India will over take us, and Indian smartphones will push Chinese smartphones to ruins.

Today, you know the story, our brands are looking to take #1 and #2, while occupying 6 of the top 10 brands. With the #3-5 locked up.

I understand why you don't think it's that much of a difference, but if you were to look at it from our perspective, it's not close.

Give me a viable alternative to democracy & i swear to god(& for us South Asians god is a very big thing) i will dedicate my life to achiveng that form of Govt in India.

India shall go authoritarian

@faithfulguy errr...... @Luca1 Eventually the dictatorships have to shift towards democracy in some form or other, the whole process will be disruptive, then the democracy will take time to mature causing further disruption. India is already into it, our democracy is not mature yet but it will be miles ahead in terms of maturity when dictatorships will take baby steps towards it.

You are assuming we would have to start from the beginning, but we don't, people in China may not have used democracy, but that doesn't mean we don't know it. Internet is very powerful, and to this day even I don't know what's blocked and not, so what's available and not available may shock you.

We have the education, the income level, the growing influence of the middle class, all that India didn't have then.

So to think we would need to start from the beginning is a easy thought, but not a very accurate one.

India shall go authoritarian

Yes i also think that but it won't simply work due to huge diversity of our nation,Democracy is the only way for us & is also the best way currently(Until any better forum of Govt is Invented)

China women has even more rights than India. Access of media can be a double edged sword. With too many bogus sources and fabricated news nowadays, especially with a population low on education. Opinion and mass can be easily swing by some outside sources.

Even a sophisticated countries can be fooled into some country agenda with most western countries believing Iraq WMD fabricated data by US and launch the ill fated invasion.

Our democracy is maturing over the time, growth of literacy rates and technologies like mobile, internet, and social media is increasingly playing a significant role along with a free and strong mainstream media enabling people to make more informed political decision (the same can be a threat to China). We are almost over with the teething problems of democracy, we are ironing out most of the issues, that's why I said things are only going to get better for us.

Tortoise ... LMAO .. very vivid description.
Boring to comparing with a so poor and underdeveloped country, no motivation at all

I seen this before....You want to know why we doubt you, it actually has nothing to do with India per say, it has more to do with what we are as a people and as a nation.

An old thread, 5 years ago claimed our time was over(back then India was still going strong), India will over take us, and Indian smartphones will push Chinese smartphones to ruins.

Today, you know the story, our brands are looking to take #1 and #2, while occupying 6 of the top 10 brands. With the #3-5 locked up.

I understand why you don't think it's that much of a difference, but if you were to look at it from our perspective, it's not close.

I have already discussed it in this thread only, please check.

And about your smartphones, again the gap is not much. A disruptive technology called Android finished well-entrenched players like Nokia and Blackberry in a matter of 2 years, and Nokia had half of the world's market share then.
China doesn't even have a disruptive technology to maintain any lead in this business, the advantage of low cost is also difficult to maintain for a longer period, electronics is a very volatile business with quick change of fortunes. I have discussed this also in details in another thread.

China women has even more rights than India. Access of media can be a double edged sword. With too many bogus sources and fabricated news nowadays, especially with a population low on education. Opinion and mass can be easily swing by some outside sources.

Even a sophisticated countries can be fooled into some country agenda with most western countries believing Iraq WMD fabricated data by US and launch the ill fated invasion.

Unfortunately that is a risk we have to take

I have already discussed it in this thread only, please check.

And about your smartphones, again the gap is not much. A disruptive technology called Android finished well-entrenched players like Nokia and Blackberry in a matter of 2 years, and Nokia had half of the world's market share then.
China doesn't even have a disruptive technology to maintain any lead in this business, the advantage of low cost is also difficult to maintain for a longer period, electronics is a very volatile business with quick change of fortunes. I have discussed this also in details in another thread.
I don't care that much about this discussion, so either discuss it here, or not at all.

Looking at your posts, pretty much any Chinese accomplishment isn't that much and can be matched easily. If that were true, there be no developing world.

I don't care that much about this discussion, so either discuss it here, or not at all.

Looking at your posts, pretty much any Chinese accomplishment isn't that much and can be matched easily. If that were true, there be no developing world.

I am of the opinion that pretty much any Chinese accomplishment can be matched, and will be matched. China won't be the last nation on this planet to become a developed nation, contrary to what pretty much every other Chinese try to imply here. :)

Hey bro why compare to a country that's GDP-wise a small fraction of ours? Maybe they are advanced in other indicators say UN-HDI, IQ, literacy, PISA, forex reserve, market capitalization, steel production, defense industry, trade, imports, exports, patent, infrastrusture, transparency international, ..... or even Olympic sports, just let the fortune tellers like this reporter make their livings by writing such mumbo jumbo for their faithful believers. We stay focus on catching up with our E Asian relatives then we talk.

BTW your avatar is really distracting bro ... can't look away from it LOL

Back
Top Bottom