What's new

Delhi’s tortoise limbers up to Beijing’s hare

I feel sad with the condition of Bengal. It used to be 2 nd most industrialized state after Maharashtra. Not only industry it was one of the best in health and education. Now nothing is left. Thanks to left leaning politics,which is continued to this day.
Let's keep that to some other thread - may be the new Mamta thread. Here let's talk about macro-economics. :D

Yeah, true. But even without that - there are open opportunities that are being missed.

Let me put a simple case forward -
i. Road network in the North East is ridiculous.
ii. Indian companies are there that can do that.
iii. From cement to labor, from cranes to road building machines - all are manufactured by India.

Using these - the North East can be opened up dramatically. Same case in Odissa and Rajasthan - both are almost virgin. We can't expect to depend on a few coastal strips (like China) to drive our growth. For us, it must be overall, ours is a much smaller and by Nature's grace a very hospitable country.

This is infrastructure. I wouldn't put Manufacturing into that category. Manufacturing is consumer electronics, automobiles etc...

As on infrastructure. India plans to launch some big ticket projects this year.

Infra Projects Worth $32.9 Billion to be Launched This Year: Gadkari - NDTVProfit.com

There are more entrepreneurs in India than in China: Eva Au - Livemint
An interesting read.

This is infrastructure. I wouldn't put Manufacturing into that category. Manufacturing is consumer electronics, automobiles etc...

As on infrastructure. India plans to launch some big ticket projects this year.

Infra Projects Worth $32.9 Billion to be Launched This Year: Gadkari - NDTVProfit.com
Ah well, excuse me, I am a N00b. Anyway, glad you got my point. :)
Just one thing - I don't trust this fat a**. :(

He maybe fat but he is good
He does not like me. :( Amit Shah - the man. :tup:
Let's see what happens to the promised $30+ Billion investment. I won't be counting chickens before they hatch.
How are the exports doing?

:tup: . This is the most apt thing to say right now. We always do this and then end up slowing down. We will after we are truly developed, until then let's march on , with a game face.

We have already left behind the worst, the best is awaiting ahead of us. :)

We have already left behind the worst, the best is awaiting ahead of us. :)

:lol: The worst is yet to come. :P

Indian biggest flaw is too optimistic and always love to live in delusion. Indian needs to realise they have the Ah Q attitude in their genes that is a disease that needs to be eliminated first before they can proceed. The Chinese eradicated these Ah Q attitude 40 yeasr ago and thats why Chinese can proceed.

Dray and most Indian needs to behave like this great Indian first by admitting inferiority before India can progress.

Indian biggest flaw is too optimistic and always love to live in delusion. Indian needs to realise they have the Ah Q attitude in their genes that is a disease that needs to be eliminated first before they can proceed. The Chinese eradicated these Ah Q attitude 40 yeasr ago and thats why Chinese can proceed.

Dray and most Indian needs to behave like this great Indian first by admitting inferiority before India can progress.

I seem to have touched a lot of raw nerves, though that was not my intention. :P I just hope that with my efforts I will be able to bring a few of my Chinese co-forumers out of their grand delusions of "We are light-years ahead in everything" syndrome. :)

I seem to have touched a lot of raw nerves, though that was not my intention. :P I just hope that with my efforts I will be able to bring a few of my Chinese co-forumers out of their grand delusions of "We are light-years ahead in everything" syndrome. :)

You are funny,DRAY! How would you have touch my raw nerves when China are light years ago of India in every economy ways? Are you trying to imply I shall be envy of India achievement which is only 1/5 of China now? :lol:

Our HSR, world beater hydrodam and world most powerful/sophisticated cargo port are no where in sight for India yet. Precisely, you have not taken my kind hearted advice for Indians that is not to brag and be too happy of the golden egg that haven hatched yet.

Precisely, Chinese is able to achieve such feat now is to be humble and stop short of bragging and making calls how many years later where you will be. I guess India will always be India, the tortoise will always be tortoise :P

You are funny,DRAY! How would you have touch my raw nerves when China are light years ago of India in every economy ways? Are you trying to imply I shall be envy of India achievement which is only 1/5 of China now? :lol:

Our HSR, world beater hydrodam and world most powerful/sophisticated cargo port are no where in sight for India yet. Precisely, you have not taken my kind hearted advice for Indians that is not to brag and be too happy of the golden egg that haven hatched yet.

Precisely, Chinese is able to achieve such feat now is to be humble and stop short of bragging and making calls how many years later where you will be. I guess India will always be India, the tortoise will always be tortoise :P

It's not light years but only ten earth years, you have probably kept your calender under a light and thinking that it is showing light years. :P

It's not light years but only ten earth years, you have probably kept your calender under a light and thinking that it is showing light years. :P

I think India is economically ahead of countries with dictatorship because it has democracy. And with democracy, it elected Modi. So now India is ahead with Modi.

I think India is economically ahead of countries with dictatorship because it has democracy. And with democracy, it elected Modi. So now India is ahead with Modi.

Democracy is precisely what hindered India progress. A democracy will not work for a country with more than a billion people.

@faithfulguy errr...... @Luca1 Eventually the dictatorships have to shift towards democracy in some form or other, the whole process will be disruptive, then the democracy will take time to mature causing further disruption. India is already into it, our democracy is not mature yet but it will be miles ahead in terms of maturity when dictatorships will take baby steps towards it.

Democracy is precisely what hindered India progress. A democracy will not work for a country with more than a billion people.

Well it will work even with a trillion people,it does not function effectively becuz of the people really don't know what is good for them unless they are educated enough

What is Ah Q?

Back
Top Bottom