What's new

Delhi's Airport Metro makes you fly, marvel passengers

I actually agree with big.treeCN , this thread doesn't belong here, besides a similar one exists in the members club and was started few days ago.

And Andross bro that was uncalled for. I suggest you delete that racist bit, if you don't want to get banned.

Listen ching chong chan i know threads like this attrat flies to xxxx but even this too low for your standards

Thanks for showing the true face of you, people always do that after they are pissed off.

Listen, you start a thread in a wrong section, which will reduce the quality of this forum. Everyone who cherishes and cares for this forum is entitled to crticise you for doing that.

Given the large amount of new threads posted on a daily basis in this forum, I believe the moderators are pretty busy, hence we, as responsible members, should refrain ourselves from causing more trouble to them, say posting a thread like this in a world affair sub forum.

Thanks for showing the true face of you, people always do that after they are pissed off.

Listen, you start a thread in a wrong section, which will reduce the quality of this forum. Everyone who cherishes and cares for this forum is entitled to crticise you for doing that.

Given the large amount of new threads posted on a daily basis in this forum, I believe the moderators are pretty busy, hence we, as responsible members, should refrain ourselves from causing more trouble to them, say posting a thread like this in a world affair sub forum.

Comment was made just for trolls like you ask other chinese members here they will tell you what a nice guy i am

PS you aint no mod so dont try acting like one let the mods decide if i made a mistake and posted it wrong

Comment was made just for trolls like you ask other chinese members here they will tell you what a nice guy i am

Don't flatter yourself, I am pretty sure no Chinese member here thinks you to be a nice guy. Your dirty and twisted mind is just fully displayed in the posts by you above.

PS you aint no mod so dont try acting like one let the mods decide if i made a mistake and posted it wrong

I have explained why this thread doesn't belong here, and now it is your turn to explain to us why this thread belongs here.

Listen dipshit just go ask tanlixiang28776 or the other members and you will see how i speak to people

I am conversing with you, I think I have known enough about how you speak to people.

But trolls like you i dont bother wasting my energy like i said its like flies to xxxx

And dont play all innocent with me boy this is your previous comment below:

Anything non-Indian in this article, except that the locomotives are provided by non-Indian companies?

You accuse my post of being troll. Can you explain what I said in my post is wrong? Especially the one pissed you off.

Anything non-Indian in this article, except that the locomotives are provided by non-Indian companies

I am conversing with you, I think I have known enough about how you speak to people.

You accuse my post of being troll. Can you explain what I said in my post is wrong? Especially the one pissed you off.

Listen buddy this is not directed at you only but other chinese trolls on here and i will remove by comments which was uncalled for but i posted it world thread just like that if it is wrong then fair play i made a mistake but ive not been here long.

The broad gauge rolling stock is manufactured by two major suppliers. For the Phase I, the rolling stock was supplied by a consortium of companies comprising Hyundai Rotem, Mitsubishi Corporation, and MELCO. The coaches were initially built in South Korea by ROTEM,[102] then in Bangalore by BEML through a technology transfer arrangement.[103] These trains consist of four 3.2-metre (10 ft) wide stainless steel lightweight coaches with vestibules permitting movement throughout their length and can carry up to 1500 passengers,[104] with 50 seated and 330 standing passengers per coach.[105] The coaches are fully air conditioned, equipped with automatic doors, microprocessor-controlled brakes and secondary air suspension,[106] and are capable of maintaining an average speed of 32 km/h (20 mph) over a distance of 1.1 km (0.68 mi).[105] The system is extensible up to eight coaches, and platforms have been designed accordingly.[104]

The rolling stock for Phase II is being supplied by Bombardier Transportation, which has received an order for 498 cars worth US$828 million.[107] While initial trains were made in Germany and Sweden, the remainder will be built at Bombardier's factory in Savli, near Vadodara.[108] These trains are a mix of four-car and six-car consists, capable of accommodating 1178 and 1792 commuters per train respectively. The coaches possess several improved features like Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras with eight-hour backup for added security, charging points in all coaches for cell phones and laptops, improved air conditioning to provide a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius even in packed conditions and heaters for winter.[109]
[edit] Standard gauge

The standard gauge rolling stock is manufactured by BEML at its factory in Bangalore. The trains are four-car consists with a capacity of 1506 commuters per train,[110] accommodating 50 seated and 292 standing passengers in each coach.[105] These trains will have CCTV cameras in and outside the coaches, power supply connections inside coaches to charge mobiles and laptops, better humidity control, microprocessor-controlled disc brakes,[111] and will be capable of maintaining an average speed of 34 km/h (21 mph) over a distance of 1.1 km (0.68 mi).[105]

BTW Indian companies were involved alongside international ones

Delhi Airport Metro to resume operations on Tuesday

After being shut for six months, the Reliance Infrastructure-run Delhi Airport Metro Express will be thrown open for the public from tomorrow but trains will run at a drastically reduced speed of 50 km per hour. Trains on the corridor were earlier running at a speed of 105 km per hour.

Commercial operations of the 23-km corridor that connects Connaught Place with Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport will begin at 5.30am on Tuesday morning.

However, check-in and baggage facilities for both international and domestic passengers would not be available for the time being.

Though resumption of services would bring smiles on the faces of commuters, an 18-20 minute journey from Connaught Place to the Terminal 3 of IGI Airport will hitherto take at least 30 to 35 minutes, effectively failing the purpose of a high-speed corridor.
"Reliance Metro's Airport Express Line would run daily from 5.30am to 11.30pm at a frequency of 15 minutes. Reliance Metro has made arrangements to provide seamless connectivity for Terminal-1 passengers to Aerocity Station through shared cab and shuttle bus services," a Reliance Infra spokesman said.

As a promotional initiative, passengers can travel on the line at a discounted fare of Rs30 tomorrow from anywhere to anywhere. On a normal day, the minimum fare is Rs20 and the maximum is Rs100.

The services would resume tomorrow six months after the Line was shut down for repairs in the civil structure. The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety RK Kardam, who inspected the corridor last week, gave the green signal for resumption of service at a reduced speed of 50 km per hour.

The speed would gradually be increased after periodic inspections by the Delhi Metro. Trains on the corridor were run at a speed of 105 km per hour when the Line was shut on July 8, 2012. In addition to single journey tokens, Airport Line has introduced new products in the form of Return Journey Tokens and Sunday/Holiday discount tokens while retaining the Monthly passes for regular commuters.

Baggage check-in infrastructure for both National and International travel are in place but the service of baggage check-in would start shortly, the spokesman said.

The corridor was shut in July last year after Reliance Infra complained to the Delhi Metro that cracks have been noticed on civil structures of the corridor. Delhi Metro completed the civil structure and handed it over to Reliance Infra for operations in 2010.

The reduction of speed comes a big blow for both Delhi Metro and Reliance Infra which have been claiming that trains can be run at a maximum of 120 km per hour.

Problems were also noticed in the clippings used in the underground section of the corridor. It is believed that the train speed can be increased only when the clipping issue is rectified.

The problems on the civil structure also led the Reliance Infrastructure offer to quit the Line citing financial non- viability.

But, Delhi Metro rejected the offer and the same is now referred to arbitration.
Delhi Airport Metro to resume operations on Tuesday - India - DNA

Airport Metro trains speed to increase to 80kmph
NEW DELHI: The swanky Airport Metro Express Line (AMEL) in the capital will soon run at high speeds again, a Delhi Metro official said Sunday.

The metro line, which started Feb 2011, was shut for nearly six months on grounds of safety. The 22.7km corridor started operations in January at speeds of 30-35kmph and gradually increased it to 60kmph.

"Currently the AMEL is running at 60kmph. Delhi Metro is conducting inspections of the corridor. If everything goes well, the speed of trains would be increased to 70kmph initially and to 80 kmph in a phased manner," a Delhi Metro official said.

Before the service's suspension, the trains were running at a speed of 105kmph.

The Delhi Airport Metro Line is a joint venture between Delhi Metro and Reliance Infra. Operations on the Airport Metro Line were suspended July 8 after some faults were detected in the civil structure of the line.

The Airport Metro, with six stations, ferries over 15,000 people daily. It has ferried 68 lakh passengers in over 70,000 trips in 15 months.
Airport Metro trains speed to increase to 80kmph - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom