What's new

Delhi wary of Hasina's 'pro-India-slant'

Is anyone else seeing a trend? Most anti-Indian Bangladeshis are expats living in other countries, far away from the struggles of their common countrymen. Do you think the average Bangladeshi is a rabid anti-Hindu/anti-Indian like the people on this forum? I've never been to Bangladesh, but I doubt it.

Whether you like it or not, India is the de facto regional power of South Asia, and Bangladesh should come to terms with that. Good relations and increased trade between our countries would benefit us both.[/QUOTE]

So now you are dictating on us, look ! to all forum members how he is mounting on us . " Ashtin ka sap tu nikal gia na". But "Wo din gai".

Last edited:
@ How dare we are, that we want destruction of India ? Only we want for God sake go away from us and let us think independantly how much help we need from India. Whether we are mini-Pakistan or mini-India or mini-China or min-Bangladesh, it is we will decide ?

well if you are mini Pakistan or mini China that's really gonna piss us off, mostly due to our threat perception. But if you are 100% Bangladesh then we don't have any problem.

@ You are talking about which air-conditioned roon, alas ! we had all of those USA made air-condition which your army had stoled in 1971.

it was a sarcastic comment. dada bujho

The problem with Bangladesh is that it has great hardworking talent and patient people..a perfect "people's power" But its leaders have the mentality with colonial era english infused in locals with their first incursion in Calcutta.. they feel they cannot do anything without depending on a bigger power...

This is the same mentality which affects the Pakistani leaders too..we love to depends on USA or China all the time until people get sick of us.

By the way who stole the Bangladesh reserve gold??

well if you are mini Pakistan or mini China that's really gonna piss us off, mostly due to our threat perception. But if you are 100% Bangladesh then we don't have any problem.

What do you think this 100% Bangladesh would do for Bharat? You must realize that Bangladesh is ideologically divided nation. Now Awami munafiq league in power so it suck up to Bharat but it may not be in power by next election or even before the election. :tdown:

BNP may come back to power next time so the country will become closer to Islamic world and China. So bottom line is that it is us Bangladeshi that will decide our fate. You Bharati just needs to learn how to respect the ideology of other if you wish friendly attitude by Bangladeshi people. :tup:

Last edited:
Great Thoughts ... Yahya Khan was a Characterless Culprit, who caused Separation of East Pakistan from West. Bhutto and Mujib played their parts, Sadly.

It remined me a true joke of Yahya Khan rather true story. I will request the forum administrator not to delete this post it might help many as references.This I read in one Bengali defence related article long time before.

The name of the story is "She kaler Dhaka sena chaoni" (Dacca Garrison in Those Days) written by some retired Brigadier (Bengali)who stayed and served in Pakistan Army in various stations and once was Stationed at Dacca Garrison. The inccident was may be before 1962.In those days in West Pakistan Kharian Cantonment was the best Cantonment and it was newly built having all the modern facilities. The officers(writer) after getting his Commission was posted some where at Azad Kashmir in the anti-aircraft Regiment. After serving few years he was posted to Kharia (near Sialkot). Now, he is being posted to Dacca Cantonment. Initially, he was very happy that he had been posted to his native land but after seeing Dacca Garrison he was completely dis-appointed. As per his version in those days The Eastern Command HQ was just establish in the present AHQ location and it was on three four tinshed building. The Divisional HQ(20 Infantry Division) was still located at the Old High Court building near Karzon Hall. But the new location is almost complete and ready to move. At that time this Division had four Brigade located at Rangpur, Jessore, Commilla and Dacca. East Bengal Centre was located at Chittagong. The Dacca Garrison was in between Tejgaon and Cormitolla Airports which was made during the Second World War by the Americans. Infact these airports were made due to military reason for the supply of armament to China through Dimapur(Imphal). In the Cantonment mainly there some taxi ways connecting to various areas. On the eastern side the main Central Ordinace Depo was located. There were only two officer messes one loacated at COD and another beside the present AHQ. In those days the areas inside Dacca area were not plain and there were lot of jungles and ponds and between the jungles there was a tiny brick soling road. There were hardly any pucca road other than the main road. During those there were lot of refugee camps inside Dacca Cantonment for the Assamee Muslim Refugees. The officer(writer) was posted to anti-aircraft Regiment. At that trime there was only one anti-aircraft regiment having each Battery stationed at Jessore and Chittagong.

So, one day a "Flash" message came from GHQ that Chief of the General Staff (CGS) intended to visit Dacca Cantonment very soon . Telephone message also came that it should also look like a military garrison. So the people were very busy to make the Dacca Cantonment to look like garrison. So day and night people started "chun com" and painting of trees and other important places. The General Officer Commanding (GOC) so long had been sleeping once he got the message he also started making the Dacca Cantonment to look like garrison. So finally he gave a round through out the whole area but he was not happy. He was thinking something special in order to please the incoming CGS. So, he visited the COD where he saw some old artillery guns placed at the corner of COD. He at once called the Artillerry officer (Commanding officer of anti-aircraft regiment) to inspect the guns. He inturn detailed the new officer (writer) to finally inspect the guns. He found that all these guns were ship mounted "2 pounder Pom Pom anti-aircraft gun". So all these anti aircraft were immediately placed in front of Eastern Command HQ, Divisional HQ and in front of flag staff house. Now the GOC is convinced that it looks like a real garrison. But unfortunately CGS never came it was cancelled. So what to do now, GOC at once gave an order that he wants to do administration inspection or annual fitness for war inspection of all units. One by one all units were inspected. Now the turn of artilleryt units comes. Here the commanding officer was Major Yezdani. He got commissioned during British times and belongs to "Mohajar". He used to call him "Dany". One day when all the people were busy for preparing inspection, he was roaming with the Subedar-Major (SM)in front of the office. He marked that one "mali" is cutting the upper waest portion of palm tree with a big knife. He then and there asked the SM what he was doing. Then SM replied that "Sir, this is known as tari and it is very testy". "tari" is a kind of juice of palm tree and after adding some medicine it can be made as local wine. One day Yezdani tested the "Tari", and he was very happy since than he never allowed the "mali" to carry these "Tari". So everyday people used to come to his house and had a party.

Finally the General Officer Commanding visited the unit of Major Yezdani. After taking the parade the necessary briefing started and then tea break. Dany cunningly kept one item of tea break as this "Tari". The GOC was taking one after another glass of "Tari' and it continued till 2 pm then the adjudant came to Commanding Officer and asked permission should the troops and officer to remain still standing for the inspection. Infact all the troops and officer remain standing till 2 "o" clock" with the hope that within few minutes the GOC would be comming for inspection but he(GOC) and Maj Dany was busy with "Tari". This session of taking "Tari" continued for more two three hours and it became a regular phenomina in the flag staff house. This was his way of commanding a troops in the then East Pakistan. This is the great General Aga Muhammad Yahya Khan. On that day I was listening to the speeches of Yahya Khan after the incident of 26 March 1971, he said, " I have served in East Pakistan in various capacities, I know the people of Bengal more than them". And this was the "Nomuna".

Last edited:
The problem with Bangladesh is that it has great hardworking talent and patient people..a perfect "people's power" But its leaders have the mentality with colonial era english infused in locals with their first incursion in Calcutta.. they feel they cannot do anything without depending on a bigger power...

This is the same mentality which affects the Pakistani leaders too..we love to depends on USA or China all the time until people get sick of us.

By the way who stole the Bangladesh reserve gold??

lol, What do you know about Bengalis and Calcutta anyway!

What do you think this 100% Bangladesh would do for Bharat? You must realize that Bangladesh is ideologically divided nation. Now Awami munafiq league in power so it suck up to Bharat but it may not be in power by next election or even before the election. :tdown:

BNP may come back to power next time so the country will become closer to Islamic world and China. So bottom line is that it is us Bangladeshi that will decide our fate. You Bharati just needs to learn how to respect the ideology of other if you wish friendly attitude by Bangladeshi people. :tup:

Mod Edit: Provocative line removed

well you can not prejudice. simple. now a days people concentrate more on economical development rather than other unproductive things like pro Indian Pro Pakistan or pro china. It's just your politics.

Pakistan will deal with you because they have their interest, Chinese deal with you because they have their interest, we deal with you because we have our interest. All the ways you are not getting anything for free, but yes as we share boundaries, we can make and should have good relations.
It's a simple solution to have peace in the region, because it's going to benefit both of us more than any other deal!!!!!

it was a sarcastic comment. dada bujho

We do not have any intention to p**s on you, but if you keep getting on the way then it simply becomes unavoidable.

well you can not prejudice. simple. now a days people concentrate more on economical development rather than other unproductive things like pro Indian Pro Pakistan or pro china. It's just your politics.

Pakistan will deal with you because they have their interest, Chinese deal with you because they have their interest, we deal with you because we have our interest. All the ways you are not getting anything for free, but yes as we share boundaries, we can make and should have good relations.
It's a simple solution to have peace in the region, because it's going to benefit both of us more than any other deal!!!!!

Every Bangladeshi wish a good relation with India but this relation must be based on mutual interest. Trade only. Don't try to be big dada and tell us how to live our life or give us lecture on how Bangladesh should be secular nation, Bangla culture nation and all the other garbage. We Bangladeshi are proud of our Islamic heritage so we would like keep it this way. :tup:

Bangladesh is predominantly a Muslim majority nation so it's obvious that we will have closer relation with Islamic nations including Pakistan. Bangladesh makes it foreign policy decision based on it's need. You should not have any concern about our policy making. If you can bring Zionist enemy in our back yard to keep bend eye on us(Pakistan included) then what makes you think Bangladesh care about your well being? ;)

If we can come back from a hell bent broken nation with $36 foregn exchange to billions in 39 years without any help from you then I think we will do just fine in future Insh'Allah. :tup:

i can see u r anti Indian.

Why should we be pro India? I mean is there any where in some holy book written in gold that Bangladeshi must like India or Indian?

You can not force some one to be your friend. Can you? :undecided:

Abir,

@ We donnot hate Hindus at all like the Pakistani, we do visit the "Puja Mondak" and take "Prasad", we enjoy all these customs since our childhood but the fact is once we read , hear from our father that Hindus used to torture us, hate us, misbehave us etc it is really pathetic. Some of the facts I want to share you :

I don't get this. So you have to visit puja modak and eat prasad to prove that you like Hindus? Supporting shirk activity is Haram as fer Islam. I hear a lot from Awami malaun that they wants to build so called "Oshamprodaik Bangladesh"?

What the f is "Oshamprodaik Bangladesh"? :undecided:

Hindu were Zalim in those days. They wouldn't even allow Muslims to cross their front yard. Hindus are well off in majority Muslim Bangladesh. I think we are more then enough generous toward Hindus unlike Muslims in India.

I don't get this. So you have to visit puja modak and eat prasad to prove that you like Hindus? Supporting shirk activity is Haram as fer Islam. I hear a lot from Awami malaun that they wants to build so called "Oshamprodaik Bangladesh"?

What the f is "Oshamprodaik Bangladesh"? :undecided:

Hindu were Zalim in those days. They wouldn't even allow Muslims to cross their front yard. Hindus are well off in majority Muslim Bangladesh. I think we are more then enough generous toward Hindus unlike Muslims in India.

What do you know about the muslims in India? You can hate India if you want but stop spreading BS please.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom