What's new

Delhi Students Build Prototype Of Next-Gen UAV For Lockheed Martin

The student level of Uav starts from Remote Controled planes perhaps. And it Rc cost about 22,000/Rs. Verycostly.

Advanced Uav is not a child game. Its not a build in a month and took many yrs. Only Us and Israel have good hands on it. The machine told and sensors required more advance tech.

Exactly wat am saying.... ENCOURAGEMENT is the key word........ U need to support and encourage young minds which the L&M are doing because they know the value of students ( Esp INDIANS) . My argument is we don't ENCOURAGE, why?
Again ISRO is an exception .
I agree that DRDO should encourage students but the problem is lack of funds/intention . And one more thing is student will come up with ideas not a real prototype which will make DRDO think like "Its of no use..." and Its a fact from their point of view . To mention DRDO also conducts such competitions but you dont get so much publicity for that .

A policy like that could work wonders but when we are talking about sensitive and high technology this can only be done by the govt. As the investment required is too great to offset the gains in the near future a very long term is required for these to get a decent ROI which cannot be justified in a pvt enterprise, only countries can fund such research..

Thanks for the feedback and insight. You are right. I guess it would only serve a purpose for inspiration and getting the attention of young minds..

The student level of Uav starts from Remote Controled planes perhaps. And it Rc cost about 22,000/Rs. Verycostly.
Even night vision surveillance robot demo model costs 30,000 and that R/c plane cant carry a payload unless it is ready made .

I get that Modi has done much better than all other CMs in India, but people should stop portraying him as a messiah. Just because Congress s|_|cks doesn't mean the other alternatives are God-sent.

messiah = Character in a holy book.

Modi = leader, a visionary

he has the Vision, leadership skills to bring peace, prosperity, removal of corruption, better governance, investment and R&D and boosting trade and economy, i am sure he will display a firm first in the international arena (better Foreign POLICY) and revamp regional security it will give tiger the tooth back.

so comparing the both, which would you go for? figures

MOdi for PM, jai hind. :mps:

Dude there is not enough publicity to get this out. Should there be one portal/website that provides links and additional info. It would streamline the process and be more efficient in getting more students involved. I know of some, but you act like its so common. It is not. I know of the ISRO and othe related competitions, both much more can be done. It doesn;t have to be about huge prize money, it the insight and knowledge given to young ppl that can leave a lasting impression and impact.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Exacty, just because you are a world class engineer doesn;t mean you can learn a few things from the masses! The smallest clue can make or break a project.

let me ask u sumthin....did u know about this lockheed martin competition before reading news on this thread??....there are immense competitions going on....one who is interested has to search for it...the well never comes to the thirsty

and for ur ONE PORTAL where all competitions are listed....there are hundreds of them...dare2compete.com is one of them for example

Thanks for the feedback and insight. You are right. I guess it would only serve a purpose for inspiration and getting the attention of young minds..

Exactly, Inspiration and encouragement are not small thing either... I read somewhere, some tech pvt companies arE investing around 30% revenue in R&D but still that investment cannot match the investment required for height tech or fundamental science research...

Its not all that bad.. Just recently an even for undergraduate engineering students was held in my city and it was hugely successful in terms of participation as well as the quality of engineering works.. :tup:

Welcome to Baja SAEINDIA 2012 Website :: Baja SAEINDIA 2011
The BAJA SAE Series® is an event for the undergraduate engineering students, organized globally by the Society of Automotive Engineers, USA. The event originated in the name of Mini – BAJA, in the year 1976 at University of Carolina. Since then, the event has spanned across six countries – USA, Mexico, South Africa, Korea, Brazil and India. The BAJA SAE tasks the students to design, fabricate and validate a single seater four – wheeled off road vehicle to take part in series of events spread over a course of 3 days that test the vehicle for the sound engineering practices that have gone into it, the agility of the vehicle in terms of gradability, speed, acceleration and manoeuvrability characteristics and finally its ability to endure that back breaking durability test.

The event was sponsored by :
Mahindra
Briggs & Stratton
Cummins Inc
Bharat Petroleum
John Deere
Chevrolet
Fiat
& more....

Still a long way to go though... :cheers:

PS : Congratulations to Maharashtra institute of Technology for winning the contest..

Also All Girl's Mech Engg Team from IGIT Delhi got Chairman's Award.. :tup: :smitten:

I agree that DRDO should encourage students but the problem is lack of funds/intention . And one more thing is student will come up with ideas not a real prototype which will make DRDO think like "Its of no use..." and Its a fact from their point of view . To mention DRDO also conducts such competitions but you dont get so much publicity for that .
U pointed out the correct factors..... Ya ultimately the funding is the biggest hurdle here.

let me ask u sumthin....did u know about this lockheed martin competition before reading news on this thread??....there are immense competitions going on....one who is interested has to search for it...the well never comes to the thirsty

and for ur ONE PORTAL where all competitions are listed....there are hundreds of them...dare2compete.com is one of them for example

Yeah I knew of the LM competition as well as some others. Damn bro thanks for the link. I tried doing a google search but I never got this link. I wonder it if has something to do with being in India. Good to know that such a site exists. I guess the next thing would be to publicize it more often so folks know of it.

Back
Top Bottom