What's new

Delhi Students Build Prototype Of Next-Gen UAV For Lockheed Martin

Today's paper planes and prototypes are tomorrows inventions....

Yes may be, But that should not be given a hype like "Indian designed LM's UAV".

To be honest, DRDO or HAL doesn't trust our own educational institutions. :lol:

Microsoft and other MNC has their research funding in several Indian institution, but not DRDO or HAL or NAL.

And who told you? time to time Indian companies do such events. It caught your attention coz LM make F16. Every year VTU organize inter college and intra college scince fair where young engineers show there innovation. My project got assistance from IISc Bangalore, many of mine friend got from HAL, NAL and DRDO.. Few students from Rastriya Vidhyalaya got assistance from ISRO..

So please stop making it big issue and stop demonizing Indian organization.

WHo would you prefer Mayawati or Rahul but suck. One is a corrupt to the teeth idiot who only looks out for herself, sending serants to purchase slippers in a private plane to Mumbai while the other is dynasty baby. Plz, how can we be a real democracy with a dynasty ruling us off and on since independence. Its a sham. We need rulers like MMS, Kalam, etc. who are highly educated and visionaries. Modi, though not GOd sent would be perfect for defence of India. I would like to give this a chance and only him. Not the rest of those BJP losers...

what do you know about India my man.....Its better IMO if PIO rather worry about Indian culture, rather than our domestic situations. You guys dont know the ground reality and just think up stories taking news out of context.

You are a US citizen, rather worry about Nobama 2012, and you would be helping both your ancestral motherland and your own country.

No Offence meant, just my 2cents.

for me in that case we have no politician alive in our countries
U ask for too much u know...... But I would be delighted if the MNC take some of the politicians. Imagine Zardari and Lalu working in L&M and NASA:rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

And who told you? time to time Indian companies do such events. It caught your attention coz LM make F16. Every year VTU organize inter college and intra college scince fair where young engineers show there innovation. My project got assistance from IISc Bangalore, many of mine friend got from HAL, NAL and DRDO.. Few students from Rastriya Vidhyalaya got assistance from ISRO..

Lol No man never intended to demonizing... I can too quote more examples like that.... I was just pointing that we need more and more R&D funds to students....... This decade we are seeing our PSU engaging in such actions, its just hope that they continue...

Talk about research we still are at 2% GDP spending, whereas we need at least 3-4% spending to get somewhere in our much hyped indigenous efforts.. Just 2% has already shown us so many results, 4% would do wonders... Gosh our politicians...

Yes may be, But that should not be given a hype like "Indian designed LM's UAV".

how many college projects have been sponsored by HAl or NAl why every body wants a sarkari job u know my man how many projects where sponsored by TATA or by Mahindra or what ever we Indians like imported things and that's it In usa or other countries ONGC is the biggest PSU and still who does the work slumberger i know what indian sarkari companies mean i have seen HAl and NAL do not tell leave it

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

how many college projects have been sponsored by HAl or NAl why every body wants a sarkari job u know my man how many projects where sponsored by TATA or by Mahindra or what ever we Indians like imported things and that's it In usa or other countries ONGC is the biggest PSU and still who does the work slumberger i know what indian sarkari companies mean i have seen HAl and NAL do not tell leave it

I know ISRO is an exception man..... SRMSAT and ANNA univ SAT are good examples.

That competition did not take place in India and by DRDO....

Today's paper planes and prototypes are tomorrows inventions....
Do you think the engineers working in LM are dumb a**?
No offense brother...
They really wont develop a thing out of it . Its just for encouragement .

No offense brother...
dream on... Even a small clue used in their project is our loss.

Dont get me wrong, its not a v bad thing overall...

this is the thing i hate...there are innumerable competitions in india....just coz u dunno u say such stuff

Dude there is not enough publicity to get this out. Should there be one portal/website that provides links and additional info. It would streamline the process and be more efficient in getting more students involved. I know of some, but you act like its so common. It is not. I know of the ISRO and othe related competitions, both much more can be done. It doesn;t have to be about huge prize money, it the insight and knowledge given to young ppl that can leave a lasting impression and impact.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

dream on... Even a small clue used in their project is our loss.

Dont get me wrong, its not a v bad thing overall...

Exacty, just because you are a world class engineer doesn;t mean you can learn a few things from the masses! The smallest clue can make or break a project.

what do you know about India my man.....Its better IMO if PIO rather worry about Indian culture, rather than our domestic situations. You guys dont know the ground reality and just think up stories taking news out of context.

You are a US citizen, rather worry about Nobama 2012, and you would be helping both your ancestral motherland and your own country.

No Offence meant, just my 2cents.

No offence taken.... but your attitude is very typical thats why you asked whether I was born or naturalized there. I automatically understood where you were going with such a question. It doesn;t bother me, I have come to expect it from folks like yourself. Im an Indian as much as you. Realize that. It doesn;t matter what you think or believe in. I lived in India for a couple of years and believe me, I have a good grasp of the ground realities over there. Your biggest mistake was assuming I have no clue or knowledge of India. You don;t know how many times I have visited and stayed. You don;t what kind of businessess I run in India. You don;t know anything about me. What you could do is learn a bit from everyone including India's enemies and take what works and what doesn;t from that.

Keep the change..

No offense brother...
Exactly wat am saying.... ENCOURAGEMENT is the key word........ U need to support and encourage young minds which the L&M are doing because they know the value of students ( Esp INDIANS) . My argument is we don't ENCOURAGE, why?
Again ISRO is an exception .

Exactly wat am saying.... ENCOURAGEMENT is the key word........ U need to support and encourage young minds which the L&M are doing because they know the value of students ( Esp INDIANS) . My argument is we don't ENCOURAGE, why?
Again ISRO is an exception .

Because our research budget is too low only around 2% GDP, it should be around 3-4% to actually develop a healthy research atmosphere in the country...

Because our research budget is too low only around 2% GDP, it should be around 3-4% to actually develop a healthy research atmosphere in the country...

What the masses and private sector should do is forget waiting for bureacracy and start research prizes with a little capital thru donations and such. Any money given for such stuff hould be tax deductible, so ppl get something out of it for parting with their cash. Also, if a project wins or succeeds in picking up the interest of a corporation/company, then maybe the donros can take a small percentage of the profits in order to get folks to loosen up their pockets. The goal is not really monetary its encouraging the colleges, the institutions, the gov;t to address and help in the process by allowing or giving incentives for professors to take part and assist in such projects. The educational culture in India stinks..... and there is a need for a lot of improvement.

What the masses and private sector should do is forget waiting for bureacracy and start research prizes with a little capital thru donations and such. Any money given for such stuff hould be tax deductible, so ppl get something out of it for parting with their cash. Also, if a project wins or succeeds in picking up the interest of a corporation/company, then maybe the donros can take a small percentage of the profits in order to get folks to loosen up their pockets. The goal is not really monetary its encouraging the colleges, the institutions, the gov;t to address and help in the process by allowing or giving incentives for professors to take part and assist in such projects. The educational culture in India stinks..... and there is a need for a lot of improvement.

A policy like that could work wonders but when we are talking about sensitive and high technology this can only be done by the govt. As the investment required is too great to offset the gains in the near future a very long term is required for these to get a decent ROI which cannot be justified in a pvt enterprise, only countries can fund such research..

Back
Top Bottom