What's new

Delhi Metro ridership second largest in southeast Asia

Your newspaper must make mistake again. Guang zhou , the city which I living has a average 5.6 million daily ridership metro.(Guangzhou Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). and my city just nearby HongKong.

Even the city Shenzhen which in the same province with Guangzhou has a average 2.45 million daily ridership metro.(Shenzhen Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) And these cities only in one province of China, rather than talk about other giant cities in other provinces.
Proper PRC that is people's republic of China not taken in comparison simply because majority of its land fall in central and Eastern Asia with capital in proper Eastern hemisphere of Asia. In regards to Hong Kong as its autonomous within PRC, so it is taken for comparison & other reasons. Further it falls in South of China and surrounded by south China Sea from three sides also gives importance in South Eastern Asia. Republic of China is bordered by sea directly related to South East Asia from three sides. That's why it was counted as a part of south east Asia. Though it is very much East Asian country. We consider Japan South & North Korea PRC as east Asian country. PRC is far ahead in infrastructure development compared to India or south or south east Asia, however don't assume that we are sitting idle. Thank you.

I believe what news site reported was geographical term including both south as well as south east asia. May be that's why it referred to Hong Kong metro. I wonder whether you know that Hong Kong is nestled between South East and Far east asia. Hopefully it clears some doubts at your end. Thank you.

Perhaps you should pay attention that except India no country has working metro in South Asia and the cities referred in site are located in South East Asia. News site has reported the comparison of all major metros in South Eastern Asia.
images

Check Japan, Korea, Singapore ridership wise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metro_systems

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom