What's new

Defense Minister Liang meets Pakistan Chief

aimarraul

Reaction score
Defense Minister Liang meets Pakistan Chief.

Rumors persist of a possible package of four Type 054A FFGs to Pakistan (here) in addition to the current four F22P "sword class" FFG deal. An injection of four Type 054A frigates with medium-range HQ-16 VLS SAMs would be a considerable upgrade for the Pakistan navy -- for the first time, it could provide an Area-Air-Defense umbrella for its task force. Other than the Type 053H3 "Jiangwei" class, the Type 054A frigate is the only Chinese frigate in mass production. It’s seaworthiness has been proven by deployments in the Gulf of Aden.

These rumors gain credibility this week since a senior Pakistani official told Janes Defense weekly that "Pakistan's navy was in informal negotiations with China for the purchase of another three to four frigates, that will be larger than the F22Ps." *

With courting from both China and US it is spring time for the Pakistan military.

China vows to deepen military co-op with Pakistan_English_Xinhua
5a0e4ed7684cdbf10ea0f5685a1c4f96.jpg

BEIJING, Dec. 18 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese armed forces would like to improve friendly and cooperative relations with the Pakistani armed forces, a senior Chinese military official said here Friday.

Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie made the remarks when meeting with Noman Bashir, visiting Pakistani chief of the naval staff.

China attached great importance to its traditional friendship with Pakistan, Liang said, adding that the two countries had conducted comprehensive and multi-level military exchanges and cooperation in various areas.

The Pakistani armed forces and people cherished their friendship with the Chinese armed forces and people, Noman Bashir said, noting that Pakistan would like to work with China to promote the comprehensive and cooperative partnership.
Editor: Yan

Last edited:
aimarrual , brother thank you very much for posting this , Please provide some Photos and Specs ...

Regards:
im waiting

I do hope PN also & if China allows to have a look into the latest Diesel Submarine Yuan i believe, and see does it satisfies PN requirements or not as Chinese defence forums are speaking highly about this new latest Chinese sub.

Nothing bad in checking it out and evaluated.

I do hope PN also & if China allows to have a look into the latest Diesel Submarine Yuan i believe, and see does it satisfies PN requirements or not as Chinese defence forums are speaking highly about this new latest Chinese sub.

Nothing bad in checking it out and evaluated.

This ship is AIP capable and very quiet. If Pakistan acquire this sub, it would be interesting to see how this evade the P8 poseidon that India had ordered from the US.

This ship is AIP capable and very quiet. If Pakistan acquire this sub, it would be interesting to see how this evade the P8 poseidon that India had ordered from the US.

Sea is a huge place to hide such tiny sub and India as a very huge coastline to defend too. P8I must be without any doubt the best of the best, but still sea is one tricky area to find subs. Plus our posture is defensive in nature, not offensive, thus P8I may not be coming close to Pakistani shores as then it can get in trouble by air assets or sea based assets of future. PNs aim is to keep open the sea lanes and not allows IN to do a blockade, so PN would have to mostly operate in its own waters or close to home waters for this reason, thus nullifying the effect of P-8I, P-8I is more like an assets for PLAN rather then PN.

And as for Yuan, its highly secret and just rumors circling, hope PN can be given a look in to its capabilities and they evaluate it, if it comes to PN standards, buying a few would be no problem then.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom