What's new

Defense chief calls China, India "threats"

so let me get this--- this for the fickle minded Indians here:

One mis-spoken statement, yes misspoken because you have 1000 actions by the US - showing it has nothing to do with the misspoken statement( quite the opposite), holds more weight for those Indians who have feigned outrage here?

just some small examples:

US sees india as such a threat that it opened a civil nuclear deal ( deal of century) opening others to work with india without NPT.

US sees india as such a threat that it opened most of its advanced militray hardware for sale ( this on strange way to act towards a threat)

US sees india as such a threat that it allowed India to be removed( unbanned) from the dual tech advanced list

US sees india as such a threat that is the first and then one who is actively trying to get India included on the UNSC and on the NSG list.

100 more things ....

I mean how fickle minded do you have to be to fall for the statement and prodding by the posters here ( whom have nothing but ill-will for your country), as being the bible of US's intention? heh. hilarious!

why did panetta mis speak? ... because everytime they talk about about rising powers they say India, china , India, china and it came out as ' India' too in this case because of habbit ( the brain sometimes works that way)... and not because of actions show that US sees India as a threat.

I agree they do see China as a threat in real sense cause lets face it they are now the 2nd largest economy,very large military so as of now they are the only ones that are a threat to superpower status.I also agree they are very patient people.Underestimating them is a very stupid move.

now coming to India i feel the generation of Americans that Panetta belongs to didnt expect India to grow economically like this.

He is right. USA is also a potential threat for us. We need to be mindful of that.

Has happened in 1971 when USA and China were both trying to stop India from putting a stop to the Bangladesh genocide. China mainly by empty threats and USA by sending the 7th fleet.

Now our interests are aligning. Obviously there is a lot of commonality between the two plural, secular democracies but we have to maintain our guard.

I agree they do see China as a threat in real sense cause lets face it they are now the 2nd largest economy,very large military so as of now they are the only ones that are a threat to superpower status.I also agree they are very patient people.Underestimating them is a very stupid move.

now coming to India i feel the generation of Americans that Panetta belongs to didnt expect India to grow economically like this.

well they do now ( overa decade now)... and they see zero threat in India.

Now India and China can see usa is trying to cause friction between them so they will destroy each other, usa is not friend to us great ancient civilizations, they know we are much better than them.

P.s this panetta guy is nothing more than a talking octopus.

India is threat to america YET america selling weapons to india. He just said it to confuse peanut size brain communist....

The general saying among American military thinkers about India is : India does have the capability or intention to be a threat to USA

In realistic terms we are 40 -45 years behind them economically and militarily.

The only concern some circles had was possibility of right wing extremist nationalist govt turning hostile to US and targeting US base Deigo Garcia with our ballistic missiles.

The general saying among American military thinkers about India is : India does have the capability or intention to be a threat to USA

In realistic terms we are 40 -45 years behind them economically and militarily.

The only concern some circles had was possibility of right wing extremist nationalist govt turning hostile to US and targeting US base Deigo Garcia with our ballistic missiles.

a. he is not a general
b. he misspoke and lumped india in the mix ( slip of the tongue)
c. there is no 'militray' concerns from any right wingers in India
d. only 'deigo' India can be seen as a threat is deigo the disney series being outsourced to India :)
e. Jai hind

:triniti:

why did panetta mis speak? ... because everytime they talk about about rising powers they say India, china , India, china and it came out as ' India' too in this case because of habbit ( the brain sometimes works that way)... and not because of actions show that US sees India as a threat.
Absolute nonsense! These spokesmen of the only super power, the US of A, aren't third grade children who are out of touch with reality and who create stupid mistakes like the one you've just mentioned. They know what the heck they are talking about. They know how to calibrate their statements which are always rehearsed and read several times before they speak. You must think they are stupid, what?

This so called 'mis-spoken' statement that you mention wasn't mis-spoken at all. It was from the horse's mouth - a Director of the Central Intelligence Agency who knows his beans and who was in the loop in regards to military strategy of the US of A and its allies in accordance with threat perceptions. It was spot on, but later covered up by the civilian dispensation to avoid embarrassment in political/diplomatic circles.

I suggest you get real and not shoot from the hip.

Absolute nonsense! These spokesmen of the only super power, the US of A, aren't third grade children who are out of touch with reality and who create stupid mistakes like the one you've just mentioned. They know what the heck they are talking about. They know how to calibrate their statements which are always rehearsed and read several times before they speak. You must think they are stupid, what?

This so called 'mis-spoken' statement that you mention wasn't mis-spoken at all. It was from the horse's mouth - a Director of the Central Intelligence Agency who knows his beans and who was in the loop in regards to military strategy of the US of A and its allies in accordance with threat perceptions. It was spot on, but later covered up by the civilian dispensation to avoid embarrassment in political/diplomatic circles.

I suggest you get real and not shoot from the hip.

I know you get nightmares about big bad US and its covert plans :), but we are humans too and misspeak. for example " The leader of the free world, OBAMA, once said US has 57 states" during his election run...

Bush has a ten page video list on you tube about his mis-speaks...

your paranoia not with standing...some other misspeaks from leon panetta and Obama

I know you get nightmares about big bad US and its covert plans :), but we are humans too and misspeak. for example " The leader of the free world, OBAMA, once said US has 57 states" during his election run...

Bush has a ten page video list on you tube about his mis-speaks...

your paranoia not with standing...some other misspeaks from leon panetta and Obama
To all Indians of Asia.... beware the Indians whose loyalties may not lie with India or Asia.

OrionHunter is right about this one. USA recognizes India as a threat. Notice, Pakistan is not a threat, even though "India, Pakistan" "Pakistan, India" is often heard.

I know you get nightmares about big bad US and its covert plans :)
Well, it's not I who gets nightmares. It's the U.S too, where China and India are concerned. Read on if you have the time and inclination.....

According to the book, Asia responds to its rising powers, edited by Ashley J. Tellis, Travis Tanner, and Jessica Keough, neither China nor India is a formal ally of the United States, and, hence, they are not bound to refrain from using their increased capabilities to undermine larger U.S. interests.

Given this possibility, it is not surprising that the rise of the new Asian giants, while obviously beneficial to the United States in many ways is nonetheless raising old questions about whether the expanded liberal order is an unambiguous good if its net result is the creation of new economic rivals who could threaten the well-being of the United States.

If Beijing and New Delhi were Washington’s alliance partners, this problem might have been somewhat mitigated. But this problem is certainly exacerbated by the possibility that at least one country, China—the faster-growing and the more capable of the two Asian giants, with an authoritarian regime to boot—appears poised to become a serious geostrategic competitor to the United States.

This danger, in turn, raises more central questions: Is the current U.S. strategy of expanding the liberal international order actually breeding new rivals and producing new competitors and new threats to Washington’s power and dominance? And if it is, is it worth the cost? A positive answer to the second question could be defended if, at the end of the day, the liberal international system including the U.S. would assuredly defang the harmful ambitions of all new rising powers (Including India).

So there! The bottom line is the U.S would brook no change in the international pecking order where U.S strategic interests are concerned, whether it be China or India.

Back
Top Bottom