What's new

Defending Militancy: Why they kill civilians, attack the state

Islam, which teaches Peace and humanity is the correct one... No matter whose one that is...

Miltants’ ideology
By Editorial
Published: August 20, 2011

It may be a bit of a stretch to say that the militants who have declared war on Pakistan have anything resembling a coherent ideology but the release of an audio recording gives a glimpse into their savage world view. The conversation is apparently between a militant and a religious scholar who works for the army. In it the militant explains how killing civilians in mosques is acceptable if they are hypocrites who do not buy into the militants’ ideology. Coincidentally, this recording was released around the same time that nearly 50 people were killed while offering Friday prayers at a mosque in Jamrud on August 19. The militant in the recording also explains that he sees no distinction between Pakistani and US soldiers and defends the killing of women and children.

This recording should be an eye-opener for those who maintain that the militants are simply fighting the Pakistani state because of its closeness to the US. Rather, they are seeking to violently impose their version of Islam on the entire country. Anyone who does not buy into their beliefs is considered a legitimate target. What is most telling about the recording is its complete disregard for the sanctity of life. The militant welcomes the 2005 earthquake for killing thousands of military personnel but does not pause to consider that it also took hundreds of thousands of innocent lives. If there is one lesson to be learned from this recording, it is that you cannot negotiate with people so blinded by hate that they are willing to murder at will and without thought.

Even more than the militant’s twisted understanding of religion, what is more worrying is that he had this conversation with an employee of the army. We have frequently heard about the radicalisation of the army and here we seem to have proof. Although the scholar frequently challenges and disagrees with the militant, that is not enough. The army needs to explain why one of its employees was in contact with a militant. We are supposed to be at war with the militants, not discussing the finer points of religion with them on their own terms. And the war, we should always remember, has been declared by the militants, not us.

Islam, which teaches Peace and humanity is the correct one... No matter whose one that is...

That would be the answer with high doze of common sense. But can you stop the other one's to stop calling themselves muslims? Why is a front not opened just to stop them from calling themselves that. The amount of people divided on this issue are scary if you have any common sense.

That would be the answer with high doze of common sense. But can you stop the other one's to stop calling themselves muslims? Why is a front not opened just to stop them from calling themselves that. The amount of people divided on this issue are scary if you have any common sense.

It's the duty of a True follower of Islam to teach the correct one to all those who are in the wrong path, it might be tough but a very much possible one.

Assalam alaikum

Americans r fighting taliban and they negotiate with them, saudia has done a good job by talking to those who were with alqaeda

why u ppl r so thirsty for the blood ( can't make difference between them)

TARIQ

Tariq

Taliban do not wish to destroy the American state - Taliban do not say they will kill Americans civilian or military because they do not agree with Taliban's religion.

Something is wrong with you - you are trying to walk on both sides, you will find that it is not something either side will allow. They say we are not Muslims, we say they are not Muslims - you must choose which side you will be on, we all must.

Assalam alaikum

Muse, taliban if tell us we r kuffar i will not tell them they r kuffar coz they r stupid but i don't tell them kuffar coz i have an example of one of my ideals Ali r-a, though khawarij said he is kafir but he didnot call them kuffar i will be patient with these guys after all there should be a different approach from us since we think our selves have good education civilized etc.

However u can keep calling them kuffar and btw i don't make my mind on just some recordings

TARIQ

basically what the militany says is
when we kill its not a crime and is justified(no matte whom we kill/kidnap).......when you kill then its a crime......this is no version of any kind of Islam...it is an insult to Islam if any one claims this to even be a version of their religion....its just they are murders and psycopaths on the loose (who have sucessfully been able to turn a lot of people to psycopaths) and they just have to be terminated......

Saifullah Sani

What is the purpose of these videos you have put up? Are you seeking to defend the ideology of the terrorists or are you suggesting that their ideology is not Islam?

Assalam alaikum

Muse, taliban if tell us we r kuffar i will not tell them they r kuffar coz they r stupid but i don't tell them kuffar coz i have an example of one of my ideals Ali r-a, though khawarij said he is kafir but he didnot call them kuffar i will be patient with these guys after all there should be a different approach from us since we think our selves have good education civilized etc.

However u can keep calling them kuffar and btw i don't make my mind on just some recordings

TARIQ

You don't have to, after all, you share their basic outlook - and ofcourse in Arabia with the money you exchanged for Pakistan, it is easy to be "patient"

See, I told something wrong with you, you play both sides but your sympathy is with the enemy - But there is no need for patience with murderers.

Although the scholar frequently challenges and disagrees with the militant, that is not enough. The army needs to explain why one of its employees was in contact with a militant. We are supposed to be at war with the militants, not discussing the finer points of religion with them on their own terms.

Merely contacting the militants and engaging with them in this discussion is a proof that some still think these militants are honest in their thoughts and opinions.

Just wondering... something remote... what if the militant on the radio, somehow, by trick or treat, manages to convince the army guy of his own version of the religion?

What are the possibilities after that?

Saifullah Sani

What is the purpose of these videos you have put up? Are you seeking to defend the ideology of the terrorists or are you suggesting that their ideology is not Islam?
their ideology is not Islam

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom