What's new

Defence Intelligence Agency (D.I.A.) India's Premier Intelligence Agency

John Reese

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Defence Intelligence Agency (D.I.A.) Comes Under Ministry of defense Headed by DG Armed forces GEN Which constituted in 2002 on the Merit of US Director of National Intelligence (DNI) after
Recommendations As part of expanding bilateral cooperation on gathering intelligence and fighting terrorism, the US also provided advice to Indian military officers on the creation of the DIA

It is a nodal agency for all defence related intelligence, thus distinguishing it from the R&AW. Much of the agency's budget and operations are classified. DIA has control of Indian Army's prized technical intelligence assets – the Directorate of Signals Intelligence and the Defence Image Processing and Analysis Centre (DIPAC). While the Signals Directorate is responsible for acquiring and decrypting enemy communications, the DIPAC controls India's satellite-based image acquisition capabilities. The DIA also controls the Defence Information Warfare Agency (DIWA) which handles all elements of the information warfare repertoire, including psychological operations, cyber-war, electronic intercepts and the monitoring of sound waves. Its operations are highly classified and has several success to its credit which will remain a secret. Military Intelligence (Army), Naval Intelligence, Air Intelligence. This agencies work with close R&AW & I&B Agency Under Umbrella of DIA

Now R&AW in 2007. R&AW Sanctioned Budget Was Some where US$450 million+Black budget which constitute 40 % of the Original Funds close to 600-700 Million $ . Which Risen over the years to over 2 billion $ as R&AW Maintained Variety of Assets Including a Specialized Force SFF and SG or 22 SF or The Mavericks

Currently Intelligence Bureau has budget of US$523.1 million of 2016
http://www.livemint.com/Politics/rp...201617-MHA-gets-Rs7738312-crore-a-2456-h.html

DIA has Similar Budget or Even Larger Budget than both I&B and R&AW With wide-ranging resources and functions, the DIA is superior in Terms of Resources that of Intelligence agencies of Tri Services of Armed Forces

Im Excluding JIC Which are Excluded from this Which have its Own Working Monthly Meets Actually

19061241.jpg

Lieutenant-General Kamal Davar as the first Director-General of the new Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA)

PS: There Weird Silence about Them in South block When You asked about them in Intelligence community they are my personal favorites these guys have organisation full of soldiers who turned into spy (A highly lethal combination) the best thing i figure out about them from the discussion with the people who have worked with them is they are coldblooded patriots they can go to any extent and can kill anybody in the world to protect the nation.

Last edited:
You can find that some the details are Edited Though I have Detailed Written from Praveen Swami
His article And capabilities of DIA
You should have posted the entire article , not just some passages mate. Also the norm is to give a link to give credit to the writer.

You should have posted the entire article , not just some passages mate. Also the norm is to give a link to give credit to the writer.
Strangely it not listed in wiki I Find It With very hard Searching on net

I Work in Raksha Mantralaya as UDC So my interest Was When i Saw Parrikar Meeting With All guys from intel agencies in South block though is restricted I have got entry in South block through My Source You Know how babus are :p:
talking to people Raised my Interest in them

Defence Intelligence Agency (D.I.A.) Comes Under Ministry of defense Headed by DG Armed forces GEN Which constituted in 2002 on the Merit of US Director of National Intelligence (DNI) after
Recommendations As part of expanding bilateral cooperation on gathering intelligence and fighting terrorism, the US also provided advice to Indian military officers on the creation of the DIA

It is a nodal agency for all defence related intelligence, thus distinguishing it from the R&AW. Much of the agency's budget and operations are classified. DIA has control of Indian Army's prized technical intelligence assets – the Directorate of Signals Intelligence and the Defence Image Processing and Analysis Centre (DIPAC). While the Signals Directorate is responsible for acquiring and decrypting enemy communications, the DIPAC controls India's satellite-based image acquisition capabilities. The DIA also controls the Defence Information Warfare Agency (DIWA) which handles all elements of the information warfare repertoire, including psychological operations, cyber-war, electronic intercepts and the monitoring of sound waves. Its operations are highly classified and has several success to its credit which will remain a secret. Military Intelligence (Army), Naval Intelligence, Air Intelligence. This agencies work with close R&AW & I&B Agency Under Umbrella of DIA

Now R&AW in 2007. R&AW Sanctioned Budget Was Some where US$450 million+Black budget which constitute 40 % of the Original Funds close to 600-700 Million $ . Which Risen over the years to over 2 billion $ as R&AW Maintained Variety of Assets Including a Specialized Force SFF and SG or 22 SF or The Mavericks

Currently Intelligence Bureau has budget of US$523.1 million of 2016
http://www.livemint.com/Politics/rp...201617-MHA-gets-Rs7738312-crore-a-2456-h.html

DIA has Similar Budget or Even Larger Budget than both I&B and R&AW With wide-ranging resources and functions, the DIA is superior in Terms of Resources that of Intelligence agencies of Tri Services of Armed Forces

Im Excluding JIC Which are Excluded from this Which have its Own Working Monthly Meets Actually

19061241.jpg

Lieutenant-General Kamal Davar as the first Director-General of the new Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA)

PS: There Weird Silence about Them in South block When You asked about them in Intelligence community they are my personal favorites these guys have organisation full of soldiers who turned into spy (A highly lethal combination) the best thing i figure out about them from the discussion with the people who have worked with them is they are coldblooded patriots they can go to any extent and can kill anybody in the world to protect the nation.
I read somewhere that DIA have done some covert operation in Afghanistan and Pakistan,2008 attack on Indian embassy in which our military attaché got killed was retaliation from Pakistan side for some of they're operation.

Back
Top Bottom