What's new

Defence industry of Pakistan Must Build Commercial Vehicles & Products.

MIC are not efficoent but r protected they cant perform well in comptitive sectors ... the concept u r talking about is venture capitalisim
What I'm talking about is a hybrid approach. This is not the most ideal situation but a practical one given the particular circumstances in Pakistan. And I'm not talking about pure military institutions like POF etc rather industries under the ministry of defence production like the ones under SPD. These semi-autonomous organisations have technologies, facilities and skilled professionals.

The military is already selling products. Look at HIT, POF, NDC as examples of military run companies. I think what OP was talking about is not entirely a bad thing, the military has a skillset, it as expertise, it has discpline - it has experience. This could be expanded to other areas, but we'd need to be careful of corruption and distraction. Currently HIT etc work because they sell military goods to mostly their own military. Fauji foundation works because it doesn't hire any existing soldiers.

For this expanded company/companies to work they need to be structured in such a way where the expertise and know-how of the military can be utilised, but the ownership is setup in a way where there are civillian shareholders too, but the majority stakeholder is always the state/MoD to retain overall control. No serving military individual should be involved, but perhaps the military could expand it's training facilities (in seperate non military facilities) to train civillian staff for engineering roles within the company.

What I'm talking about is a hybrid approach. This is not the most ideal situation but a practical one given the particular circumstances in Pakistan. And I'm not talking about pure military institutions like POF etc rather industries under the ministry of defence production like the ones under SPD. These semi-autonomous organisations have technologies, facilities and skilled professionals.
You might b right but i feel that military has its own set of problems and corruption

You might b right but i feel that military has its own set of problems and corruption
Much less than any civilian institution of comparable size. Army has strong checks & balances. Even the officers who make more money after the retirement when they get lucrative jobs in civil govt and private sectors.

Much less than any civilian institution of comparable size. Army has strong checks & balances. Even the officers who make more money after the retirement when they get lucrative jobs in civil govt and private sectors.
Incorrect lower than government institutes but much higher than private institutes ... most of the taleny of Pakistan are in peivate institutes and they r the least corrupt ...

Corruption in military is humongous ... you have no idea and after looting the leave country for good ...

Lets put it this way that army and government should buy all of its general items from locally manufactured products ... Just in terms of purchase of vehicles we can help setting up local indigenous vehicle industry ...

Yes we can buy component from our own local manufacturer and we can assemble our own vehicles .
Army can save huge budget they buy from toyota isuzu Hino Nissaan etc.

The military is already selling products. Look at HIT, POF, NDC as examples of military run companies. I think what OP was talking about is not entirely a bad thing, the military has a skillset, it as expertise, it has discpline - it has experience. This could be expanded to other areas, but we'd need to be careful of corruption and distraction. Currently HIT etc work because they sell military goods to mostly their own military. Fauji foundation works because it doesn't hire any existing soldiers.

For this expanded company/companies to work they need to be structured in such a way where the expertise and know-how of the military can be utilised, but the ownership is setup in a way where there are civillian shareholders too, but the majority stakeholder is always the state/MoD to retain overall control. No serving military individual should be involved, but perhaps the military could expand it's training facilities (in seperate non military facilities) to train civillian staff for engineering roles within the company.

Thanks dear, you got my point.

Here when we bring any point to discuss on this forum people start giving negative remarks.

I always say we must think who world saving their military budget. FFC, Fuji Food is good example.

People trust on their products too. So why not we use our skills civilian will get benefit from this.

If we purchase Toyota Honda Suzuki millions of rupees goes in the hand of former investor we must save this money.

Corruption in military is humongous ... you have no idea and after looting the leave country for good ...
Yeah kiya bol diya bahi fanboys ko aag luga dee.
In ko yeah nahi pata kai Army kai cutting edge levels par skill set level 0 hai.Profitable companies banana bacho ka khel nahi.

wtf, in which world is an army of a country supposed to be making cars and diapers? This is a stupid thread. You should be focusing more on industrial policies such as providing subsidies and easy loans for light industries specifically in manufacturing sector which can provide boost for our largely unskilled labour force.
Just because the world jumps off a bridge doesnt mean we have to. Every country works and functions in their own special ways. What's giving you constipation, cupcake?

wtf, in which world is an army of a country supposed to be making cars and diapers? This is a stupid thread. You should be focusing more on industrial policies such as providing subsidies and easy loans for light industries specifically in manufacturing sector which can provide boost for our largely unskilled labour force.

Perhaps try bringing some logic to the question, instead of flat out rejecting an idea just because you lack the brains to comprehend it?

Lets Cap Pakistan's Auto Annual Production at around 250,000 Cars per year
that is pretty healthy

If the car yields 3,500 USD profit per car we are looking at 875,000,000 (875 Million Market)

• Then their is the Auto Parts , for existing Vehicles on Road which amounts to juicy 1 billion Industry (if OEM parts i.e Factory Specs part duplication) exists.

automobile-industry-of-pakistan-16-728.jpg

So a 2,000,000,000 (2 Billion Dollar) segment would have offered a massive gain for a local
Private - Military corporation to do well

Pakistan sells 2-3 JF17 thunders a year , that is a mere 75 Million

But For Cars in Civilian Sector , we are looking at 2 Billion Market per year

If in Pakistan we had policy to expire cars older then 10 years , the market size would be 5-7 Billion range as more people would buy more fuel efficient cars and technologically advance cars

However since the Civilian-Military conglomerate does not exist we are not tapping into the potential of local Auto mobile sector

Present Approach is Motivate Private Auto Sector

a) French Auto Manufacturer
b) Malaysian Auto Manufacturer
c) German Auto Manufacturer
d) Japan (Suzuki Group)
e) Chinese Auto Manufacture

Presently it is not clear who will be choosen to upgrade or modernize the future
vehicles for Pakistan Army 2020-2030 timeframe

a) Jeep
b) Trucks
c) SUV
d) Buses
e) Pickups (Rangers)

Last edited:
We do not teach Helicopter science in Pakistan.

We do not teach car science, engine science and other sciences.

If we open colleges for all sciences and engineering it will help us making our own products.

Thanks for all those who support my Idea.

Whenever our army buy any Weapon from other country we have to pay for it, I want my army to pay for that weapon from their own income. Or they must make it to fulfil the need. Army will become independent and that will not be a burden on poor nation.

Mughal Army was a burden on King.

Ottoman Army became headache for last King (Khalifa).

This was because army was depending on National wealth.
416iCYW%2BjWL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This book shows how military became burden on former great powers.

We love our army and we want our army must become self-independent.

What our civilian doing with PIA, Pakistan Railway & PNSC???

Our forces can make them profitable.

Last edited:
This can be made by Pakistan.

LDP-Petaling-Jaya-Selatan-Toll-630x328.jpg

images

6658e605a9d5291a0cb6c786d2882dcf.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 25
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    12 KB · Views: 23
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 25
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 21
Lets start this topic again.
Those who were against they will understan now.
Need of our Army Air force & Navy increasing.
Only two ways to fulfill this need,
One apply heavy Tax on Nation.
2nd create some profit earning industries for Army navy & Air Force.

1: Games

2: Cell Phone

3: Cars

4: Resturants

5: Parks & Play Lands

6: Hotels

7: Home Appliances

8: Airline

9: Transport

Above mention points are profit making points, you can add some more points.
This profit will allow us to do reverse engineering
By reverse engineering we will able to make 80% our own weapons Aircraft Tanks Helicopter
And other weapons for our forces.

Lets Cap Pakistan's Auto Annual Production at around 250,000 Cars per year
that is pretty healthy

If the car yields 3,500 USD profit per car we are looking at 875,000,000 (875 Million Market)

• Then their is the Auto Parts , for existing Vehicles on Road which amounts to juicy 1 billion Industry (if OEM parts i.e Factory Specs part duplication) exists.

automobile-industry-of-pakistan-16-728.jpg

So a 2,000,000,000 (2 Billion Dollar) segment would have offered a massive gain for a local
Private - Military corporation to do well

Pakistan sells 2-3 JF17 thunders a year , that is a mere 75 Million

But For Cars in Civilian Sector , we are looking at 2 Billion Market per year

If in Pakistan we had policy to expire cars older then 10 years , the market size would be 5-7 Billion range as more people would buy more fuel efficient cars and technologically advance cars

However since the Civilian-Military conglomerate does not exist we are not tapping into the potential of local Auto mobile sector

Present Approach is Motivate Private Auto Sector

a) French Auto Manufacturer
b) Malaysian Auto Manufacturer
c) German Auto Manufacturer
d) Japan (Suzuki Group)
e) Chinese Auto Manufacture

Presently it is not clear who will be choosen to upgrade or modernize the future
vehicles for Pakistan Army 2020-2030 timeframe

a) Jeep
b) Trucks
c) SUV
d) Buses
e) Pickups (Rangers)

1635849312040.png

I fear what will happen if we will depend on import.
Toyota, Nissan, Isuzu, FAW, Suzuki, Honda. Where is Pakistani Car?

Those who not learn from history, Time teach them very hard.
rise and fall of Great Powers this book teach us how Army of Great powers became burden on their Nation.

That's Why chinese army has 2000 industries they work to make spoon to space ship, their revenue allow them to make mega project they are not burden on their Nation now.

Heavy Industries Taxila
This industry can make car buses and trucks for civilian. we are buying buses for BRT, and Green line project we could save this money if HIT was making these products.

Back
Top Bottom