What's new

Defence forces owe Rs 24.5 crore as rent to landowners in J-K: Government tells Parliament

undercover JIX

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Defence forces owe Rs 24.5 crore as rent to landowners in J-K: Government tells Parliament
The information was submitted through a written reply to Parliament on Wednesday by Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Defence Shripad Naik.

fb.png
twitter.png
g-plus.png
mail.png

Published: 18th July 2019 01:00 PM | Last Updated: 18th July 2019 01:16 PM | A+A A-

Indian_Army_PTI.jpg

For representational purposes (File Photo | PTI)

By IANS
NEW DELHI: The Union government owes an outstanding due of Rs 24.5 crore as rent to various landowners in Jammu and Kashmir, the Defence Ministry has informed the Parliament.

The outstanding dues are only for land hired by the Defence Ministry for its various wings, departments and organisations in 22 districts of Jammu and Kashmir. The ministry has 56,615.54 acres of land under its possession on rent in Jammu and Kashmir. The properties have been hired by the ministry either from private landowners or from the state government.

The information was submitted through a written reply to Parliament on Wednesday by Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Defence Shripad Naik.

Through the reply, Naik provided a breakdown of respective parcels of land in different districts of the state that have been obtained on rent by the defence forces. A maximum of 18,935.47 acres of land has been taken on rent in Jammu district. Srinagar comes a distant second with 3757.84 acres of land on rent with the ministry.

lg.php

The outstanding rent is highest in Jammu district where the figure stands at Rs 7,65,20,330. The Army owes an amount of Rs 4,29,24,912 to various landowners in Rajouri district. Landowners in Baramulla district who have rented out their properties to the defence forces stand to get Rs 2,79,84,257 from the ministry.

In the last three years, the ministry has cleared payments of a cumulative amount of Rs 134.45 crore against land taken on rent.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...-j-k-government-tells-parliament-2005818.html

Most of those lands originally belong to Kashmiri pandits which've been snatched and the families driven out

Aryans came from Iran...so plzzzzzzz
So the tribesman own all the land.:D

In the last three years, the ministry has cleared payments of a cumulative amount of Rs 134.45 crore against land taken on rent.
All these lands are not privately owned properties, majority of those lands are government properties. And their dues will be paid soon as usual.

So the tribesman own all the land.:D

All these lands are not privately owned properties, majority of those lands are government properties. And their dues will be paid soon as usual.
he is trolling and derailing the thread, so are you.
keep doing what you do best.

Please explain this to your Govt., as they are telling the parliament what India owe Kashmiris.

Please explain this to your Govt., as they are telling the parliament what India owe Kashmiris.
India owe nothing to the Kashmiris. Government of India owes a particular sum to the Government of India's own department in Kashmir and a few other Indians in Kashmir.:)

All these lands are not privately owned properties, majority of those lands are government properties.
So govt has to pay govt rent? Interesting...Carry on believing it!

Most of those lands originally belong to Kashmiri pandits which've been snatched and the families driven out
Nobody really cares about pre-vedic times...so please trolling

India owe nothing to the Kashmiris. Government of India owes a particular sum to the Government of India's own department in Kashmir and a few other Indians in Kashmir.:)
Please stop trolling

The Union government owes an outstanding due of Rs 24.5 crore as rent to various landowners in Jammu and Kashmir,
Didnt know govt dept is called land owners

The ministry has 56,615.54 acres of land under its possession on rent in Jammu and Kashmir. The properties have been hired by the ministry either from private landowners or from the state government.
I am not sure how you missed this?

That means the armed forces have rented it out from either the central or state govt lands. Irrespective of whoever the land belongs to, central gov still needs to pay rent to the state govt or whichever entity is owning the land.
That whichever entity induces private ownership as per the article...Kindly do refer before trolling!

The exodus of Kashmiri pandits happened in the early 90s. If you consider that to be pre-vedic, I pity your ignorance
That narrative is only supplied by indians...Coz it allows them to cry about something... :coffee:

They could deduct mere 25 crores from here.

J&K gets 10% of Central funds with only 1% of population

The total revenue receipts
for 2018-19 is estimated to be Rs 64,269 crore, an increase of 16.2% over the revised estimates of 2017-18. Of this, Rs 16,955 crore (26.4% of the revenue receipts) will be raised by the state through its own resources, and Rs 47,314 crore (74.6% of the revenue receipts) will be devolved by the centre in the form of grants.

So in reality J&K is surviving on rest of India's largesse.

Last edited:
That whichever entity induces private ownership as per the article...Kindly do refer before trolling!
I was referring to your doubt of govts paying rent to other govts

That narrative is only supplied by indians...Coz it allows them to cry about something... :coffee:
I wouldn't expect you to believe anything that doesn't suit your narrative

BS... Indian army is a bunch of liars and each pandit is a hitler x 10, together they killed Kashmiris just to occupy their property.
Pakistan FO failed to highlight longest ever genocide in history of mankind to the greater world.

Last edited by a moderator:
@chha
That means the armed forces have rented it out from either the central or state govt lands. Irrespective of whoever the land belongs to, central gov still needs to pay rent to the state govt or whichever entity is owning the land. In this regard, the defense forces are to pay the rent to the state govt & private land owners. In your country, since everything is owned & controlled by the army, I wouldn't expect you to understand these scenarios

The exodus of Kashmiri pandits happened in the early 90s. If you consider that to be pre-vedic, I pity your ignorance

Thread title clearly states, " Rs 24.5 crore as rent to landowners in J-K: " is very hard for your Indian brain to understand.

and you being a troll could not resist to bring in this, "In your country, since everything is owned & controlled by the army, I wouldn't expect you to understand these scenarios,

@Dubious uncalled for, was their any need to drag in Pakistan and Pakistan Army in an insulting manner, as well as insulting a member/Mod who is trying to engage him in a discussion.

They could deduct mere 25 crores from here.

J&K gets 10% of Central funds with only 1% of population

The total revenue receipts
for 2018-19 is estimated to be Rs 64,269 crore, an increase of 16.2% over the revised estimates of 2017-18. Of this, Rs 16,955 crore (26.4% of the revenue receipts) will be raised by the state through its own resources, and Rs 47,314 crore (74.6% of the revenue receipts) will be devolved by the centre in the form of grants.

So in reality J&K is surviving on rest of India's largesse.
Off topic troll post, as usual.
how it is related to, "Defence forces owe Rs 24.5 crore as rent to landowners in J-K: Government tells Parliament"

it is very clear, Def Forces owe Rs 24.5 crore to lank owners IN JK.

Thread title clearly states, " Rs 24.5 crore as rent to landowners in J-K: " is very hard for your Indian brain to understand.

and you being a troll could not resist to bring in this, "In your country, since everything is owned & controlled by the army, I wouldn't expect you to understand these scenarios,

@Dubious uncalled for, was their any need to drag in Pakistan and Pakistan Army in an insulting manner, as well as insulting a member/Mod who is trying to engage him in a discussion
Dubious was questioning how can govt pay rent to govt and I was clearly elaborating possible scenarios of how that works, where the other land owner might be the state govt or some other govt entity, not necessarily private land owners. In this case, it is the defence forces (IA or IAF) owe 24.5 crores but not MoD. They'd be paying from the budget allocated by MoD based on which branch is leasing the land

Secondly, I was engaging with Dubious as a fellow member and not as a mod in this instance. Looks like you have serious comprehension issues in perceiving a statement to be an insult or not. The armed forces have more power in Pakistan than the civilian govt in most cases and I don't see any insult in stating the obvious

land owner might be the state govt or some other govt entity, not necessarily private land owners

The properties have been hired by the ministry either from private landowners or from the state government.

It states clearly "either from private landowners or state Govt". So your claim that govt paying Govt. is invalid/wrong.

In this case, it is the defence forces (IA or IAF) owe 24.5 crores but not MoD

The outstanding dues are only for land hired by the Defence Ministry for its various wings

clearly, land is rented by the MoD and they will pay, not IA/IAF as you mentioned. Rented by MoD for various Wings/Dept.

The outstanding rent is highest in Jammu district where the figure stands at Rs 7,65,20,330. The Army owes an amount of Rs 4,29,24,912 to various landowners in Rajouri district. Landowners in Baramulla district who have rented out their properties to the defence forces stand to get Rs 2,79,84,257 from the ministry.

MoD is renting for IA/IAF etc, so Mod has to pay, as In the last three years, the ministry has cleared payments of a cumulative amount of Rs 134.45 crore against land taken on rent.

Secondly, I was engaging with Dubious as a fellow member and not as a mod in this instance. Looks like you have serious comprehension issues in perceiving a statement to be an insult or not. The armed forces have more power in Pakistan than the civilian govt in most cases and I don't see any insult in stating the obvious

In your country, since everything is owned & controlled by the army, I wouldn't expect you to understand these scenarios

Firstly, I would like to see the evidence of this troll and off topic statement, secondly a habitual troll will NOT see it as troll, off topic and insulting.

I wouldn't expect you to understand these scenarios, because you are a brain dead sanghi troll.

Your idiotic sanghi brain has serious comprehension issues, even when it comes to simple short sentences. you as a brain dead troll did not read and understand the article posted, but jumping as always being high on golden holy drink.

above is the answer to your idiotic way to talk and, lets see who has comprehension problem.

@Dubious
"In your country, since everything is owned & controlled by the army, I wouldn't expect you to understand these scenarios"
is this not an insulting, degrading and malicious statement????

Last edited:
So govt has to pay govt rent? Interesting...Carry on believing it!

Nobody really cares about pre-vedic times...so please trolling

Please stop trolling

Didnt know govt dept is called land owners

I am not sure how you missed this?
So govt has to pay govt rent? Yes this is a practice in India. Any govt dept who borrow resource from any other govt dept has to pay.
Exception natural calamities and during war.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom