What's new

Defect rate of Chinese chips shipped to Russia surged to 40 per cent after Western sanctions, local newspaper says

How come no other users experience the same defect rates?
Are you serious with that question?

Here is the deal...

If my TV broke after a few days, the only place I can go to is the RETAILER, who then return the item to the WHOLESALER, who then return the item to the manufacturer. Now it become even more mysterious. Is the manufacturer the same as the maker/producer of the electronics? Maybe, or maybe not. Maybe there is an assembler of the defective TV. Samsung design the TV and produces SOME of the electronics, but the company must buy the plastics, the metals, the PCB, and a long list of other components. What we are seeing in this news article is the aggregate of many reports from many sources in the entire chain. Each of them noticed an increase of returns of defective items. Some products may not experience the same increase or none at all of defective items. But over time, individual investigations narrowed down to shiddy electronics from Chinese suppliers.

Are you serious with that question?

Here is the deal...

If my TV broke after a few days, the only place I can go to is the RETAILER, who then return the item to the WHOLESALER, who then return the item to the manufacturer. Now it become even more mysterious. Is the manufacturer the same as the maker/producer of the electronics? Maybe, or maybe not. Maybe there is an assembler of the defective TV. Samsung design the TV and produces SOME of the electronics, but the company must buy the plastics, the metals, the PCB, and a long list of other components. What we are seeing in this news article is the aggregate of many reports from many sources in the entire chain. Each of them noticed an increase of returns of defective items. Some products may not experience the same increase or none at all of defective items. But over time, individual investigations narrowed down to shiddy electronics from Chinese suppliers.
Hey retired old man. We have no time reading you B.S.

Straining...As usual...:lol:

These defects rates reports came from consumer level manufacturers, meaning the people who make the washing machines, the TVs, and so on. They buy electronics components in bulk and in contracts that they have almost zero way out. Some of them may know the precise semicon sources, but most do not. All they have to go by are the names of those electronics components suppliers, and those suppliers are not always open about their sources. So when consumer complaints and return rates increases, that is pretty much an indictment against Chinese suppliers regardless of the original semicon manufacturers.
First of all, it must be determined that these consumers have indeed complained. Do you have a real source? Because according to the content of the main post, there is obviously no evidence to verify whether this statement is true or fabricated.

Since the unprecedented wave of sanctions on Russia, 40 per cent of chips imported from China have been defective, while the rate before March was just 2 per cent, Kommersant reported, citing an anonymous source. The report did not name any Chinese suppliers.
Russia’s Ministry of Industry and Trade told Kommersant that it had not received any information about an increase in defective shipments.

First of all, it must be determined that these consumers have indeed complained. Do you have a real source? Because according to the content of the main post, there is obviously no evidence to verify whether this statement is true or fabricated.

Since the unprecedented wave of sanctions on Russia, 40 per cent of chips imported from China have been defective, while the rate before March was just 2 per cent, Kommersant reported, citing an anonymous source. The report did not name any Chinese suppliers.
Russia’s Ministry of Industry and Trade told Kommersant that it had not received any information about an increase in defective shipments.
Maybe you should ask Kommersant.

makes no business sense at all. even drug dealers nowadays have QC

If my TV broke after a few days, the only place I can go to is the RETAILER, who then return the item to the WHOLESALER, who then return the item to the manufacturer.
sounds like a drag. try Amazon, instead of going to a radioshack or something

Nor facts.
There is another aspect as well - the Chinese have 20 levels of quality. Early on using their chips we saw similar failure rates as well when they tried to push “their” local brand versus TI’s 6xxx series even though they come out of the same manufacturing line.

Back
Top Bottom