What's new

Decision to rename Lahore landmark after Bhagat Singh on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always think that Bhagat Sing, Subhash Chandra Bose and Gandhi are Pakistan's legacy as well. Please dont consider them as only Hindu

No they are not. Gandhi is known in Pakistan but not revered in any manner. He though was a great Indian leader indeed. The others probably are not even known in the manner.

I don't know why do you people feel this way.

Why should Pakistan honour an Indian hero. We are an independent and sovereign country and not part of India. Is there any problem in understanding this fact. He fought for India's independence and not Pakistan's.

He was the hero of undivided India on those days. He fought for freeing undivided India from Brits. No wonder Indians were divided based on religion in those days. People like you existed in those days as well, who say freedom fighters from religious prism.

Just for your info, Khan Wali Khan (dont remember which political front he belonged to of Pakistan) was honoured with Lokmanya Tilak puraskar in India long back. I was witness of that moment while in school days. Nationality and religion did'nt matter.

Hey Gig - comment on the post.

Don't make funny comments on a map, which does indicate that a teeny weeny part of IVC was in India - so what.

Tiny or Biggy, I am proud of it, hope tomorrow some Pakistani historian will come with a claim of existence of Radcliffe line 5000 years ago.

No they are not. Gandhi is known in Pakistan but not revered in any manner. He though was a great Indian leader indeed. The others probably are not even known in the manner.

I don't know why do you people feel this way.

Its even sadder that you guys thinks Mughal emperor as your legacy just because they are muslim and not Bhagat and Gandhi just coz they are Hindu. Religious hate makes you blind or what?

And Ganga Ram Hospital and Nankana Sahib and many, many others, so need for BS roundabout or chowk.

Such monuments and religious sites are present in Pakistan and are a day to day talked about aspects. Ask people who actually was Ganga Ram - very few would know. Had he stayed in Pakistan, the whole of Pakistan would have known him.

But naming a place after a hero who is not a Pakistani hero but is an Indian hero would concern most Pakistanis. This is a fact. One may like it or not - but it remains a fact.

Tell the Indians to name a famous Delhi Chowk after Jinnah and then see what happens. Have we forgotten what happened to Jaswant Singh etc .

This discussion is silly. It's for Pakistan to decide who it's heroes are, not for Indians to do that. There is no point in naming anything after someone when no Pakistani cares for or is interested in that person . Bhagat Singh is an Indian hero & nothing will be lost if something isn't named after him in Pakistan.

Its even sadder that you guys thinks Mughal emperor as your legacy just because they are muslim and not Bhagat and Gandhi just coz they are Hindu. Religious hate makes you blind or what?

Name a famous Delhi or Bombay Chowk after Jinnah and then ask me this question.

It is not related to religious hate, it is because we are two different countries. Why can't you people understand this basic difference.

We are two different nations and we perceive the same history differently. Our heroes are different.

No religiosity here but the simple fact of the matter that we belong to a different country. You can remain sad as long as you want to. It does not matter unless you understand the ground realities and accept these.

This discussion is silly. It's for Pakistan to decide who it's heroes are, not for Indians to do that. There is no point in naming anything after someone when no Pakistani cares for or is interested in that person . Bhagat Singh is an Indian hero & nothing will be lost if something isn't named after him in Pakistan.
Exactly.

Can't believe Indians got it to 25 pages in under 2 hours!

Tiny or Biggy, I am proud of it, hope tomorrow some Pakistani historian will come with a claim of existence of Radcliffe line 5000 years ago.

ko jeeta hai teri zulf ke sar honay tak

Name a famous Delhi or Bombay Chowk after Jinnah and then ask me this question.

It is not related to religious hate, it is because we are two different countries. Why can't you people understand this basic difference.

We are two different nations and we perceive the same history differently. Our heroes are different.

No religiosity here but the simple fact of the matter that we belong to a different country. You can remain sad as long as you want to. It does not matter unless you understand the ground realities and accept these.

Bhagat Singh was born and died in pre independent India. He was died for all 39 crores people's freedom at that time.He was hardcore secular person. Isnt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom