What's new

Debate on Chinese Naval Expanison

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Robert Kaplan (Younger guy) is optimistic about China's naval expansion. George Friedman (Older American Guy) is more pessimistic about China's future naval capabilities.

Both guys have good points. One thing they both agreed on was the need for China to somehow get control of Taiwan.

They both look with empty faces...to me, Can't see the pic

Robert Kaplan (Younger guy) is optimistic about China's naval expansion. George Friedman (Older American Guy) is more pessimistic about China's future naval capabilities.

Both guys have good points. One thing they both agreed on was the need for China to somehow get control of Taiwan.

I didn't watch the video, but it's not hard for me to guess what they said. I seen enough articles to know the arguments.

On Taiwan, I'll say this, it won't come to war, though sometimes I think it's a good idea just to make a point, but it won't.

Taiwan is a political problem, not a military one. Political problems needs political solutions. In 10 years, when the coastal Chinese cities of hundreds of million match or exceed Taiwan's per capita, then the political solution will not be far.

Back
Top Bottom