What's new

Debate Heats Up About Mosque Near Ground Zero

-
From: TAKMEELEPAKISTAN | May 18, 2010 | 349 views Loading...In switzerland, they have put ban on Masjid Minarets and on public azaan. In 2007, a Christian protestor, showed his love for Azaan and frustration over these actions by Swiss government and gave azaan all over switzerland in a most amazing ingenious way. Mashalalh, here yous see the entire Operation Azaan -- and its amazing affects in switzerland :). Azaan from church towers and Mountains -- the country was stunned! ...

Last edited by a moderator:
YouTube - Mission Azaan on Switzerland's most important Church Towers!
-
From: TAKMEELEPAKISTAN | May 18, 2010 | 349 views Loading...In switzerland, they have put ban on Masjid Minarets and on public azaan. In 2007, a Christian protestor, showed his love for Azaan and frustration over these actions by Swiss government and gave azaan all over switzerland in a most amazing ingenious way. Mashalalh, here yous see the entire Operation Azaan -- and its amazing affects in switzerland :). Azaan from church towers and Mountains -- the country was stunned! ...

atheists in all countries should lobby for bans on religious noise in my opinion. give the religious dedicated radio frequencies to keep em happy. loudspeaker use should be banned.

I understand that people who had family killed in the WTC think they have a stake in this. But they don't. They do not live there, it is not their land and with all due respect to their family members who died they can't dictate New York zoning bylaws. This is why national politics shouldn't interfere in local politics. This is a local matter, because the mosque will be there for people who live nearby and work nearby everyday. If they the people of New York have a problem with it, then forget it. Otherwise, those who are going to grieve and coming to New York only once a year should just plan their routes so they don't see a mosque.

Luckily New York isn't some midwestern state like Oregon or a central state that is easily overwhelmed by out of state big shots and money like Sarah Palin. If they decide to make this an issue, they will lose unless they have grassroots support. And luckily the likes of Sarah Palin are not very popular in New York :usflag::usflag:

You have to understand one thing, dude. It's very easy to say oh, that these terrorists have no religion. however those terrorists were Muslims, no matter how much you try to deny it, and Moreover those terrorists have used Islam behind every attack. Ground Zero was the place where the worst attack on the United States in history occurred, perpetrated by Muslim extremists in the name of Allah. Now building mosque in a area where people lost lives of their dears once during 9/11, now others wants to build mosque in there. :disagree:

If they really want to build a mosque for religious purposes, than why NOT build it somewhere else???

Why only build at Zero point place in which innocents people lost lives.

He doesn't want it to be built as far as i read it.

It is NOT the USA who is against building this mosque at ground zero, BUT the people who lost their dear ones at that place.

The US constitution clearly cannot stop anyone from practicing their religions or building any holy place for them to pray. The NY governor bloomberg has no object on building mosque in there.

Building a mosque there has nothing to do about that. So it is a mute point. The people that murdered people were terrorists first and a building of a mosque shouldn't be associated with them.

This is the issue here. People are linking this mosque building to the 9/11 terror attacks.

Building a mosque there has nothing to do about that. So it is a mute point. The people that murdered people were terrorists first and a building of a mosque shouldn't be associated with them.

This is the issue here. People a linking this mosque building to the 9/11 terror attacks.

You have to understand one thing, dude. It's very easy to say oh, that these terrorists have no religion. however those terrorists were Muslims, no matter how much you try to deny it, and Moreover those terrorists have used Islam behind every attack. Ground Zero was the place where the worst attack on the United States in history occurred, perpetrated by Muslim extremists in the name of Allah.

You have to understand one thing, dude. It's very easy to say oh, that these terrorists have no religion. however those terrorists were Muslims, no matter how much you try to deny it, and Moreover those terrorists have used Islam behind every attack. Ground Zero was the place where the worst attack on the United States in history occurred, perpetrated by Muslim extremists in the name of Allah.

This is where you are wrong. You are associating the whole religion of Islam with terrorism by denying the building of the mosque there. That is unacceptable. I bet 90% of the people against this think exactly that. They are confused and uneducated about who/what it exactly was that killed 3,000 people. It wasn't a religion it was a terror org that trains people to kill themselves but teaching them a obtuse and distorted version of Islam and even in 2010 those people (AKA John McCain voter base) still are confused or just plain stupid. Oh and Obama is a Arab :rofl:

This is where you are wrong. You are associating the whole religion of Islam with terrorism by denying the building of the mosque there. That is unacceptable. I bet 90% of the people against this think exactly that. They are confused and uneducated about who/what it exactly was that killed 3,000 people. It wasn't a religion it was a terror org that trains people to kill themselves but teaching them a obtuse and distorted version of Islam and even in 2010 those people (AKA John McCain voter base) still are confused or just plain stupid. Oh and Obama is a Arab :rofl:

First of all, tell me what i said wrong in my previous post???

1. those terrorists are born Muslims. is it wrong?

2. they have used Islam behind every attack. is it wrong?
3. ground zero is the place where one of worst attack happened in American history. is it wrong??

4. that attack was done by Muslim extremists in the name of Allah. . is it wrong????

NOW, where did you bring all BS, about McCain, obama being Arab???

once again, i am going today that those so called terrorist organization used Islam. (not saying Islam is wrong).

First of all, tell me what i said wrong in my previous post???

1. those terrorists are born Muslims. is it wrong?

2. they have used Islam behind every attack. is it wrong?
3. ground zero is the place where one of worst attack happened in American history. is it wrong??

4. that attack was done by Muslim extremists in the name of Allah. . is it wrong????

NOW, where did you bring all BS, about McCain, obama being Arab???

Non of that is wrong what is wrong is the underlying tone here that Islam is a religion of terrorism. Tell me is that right ? Because if it isn't let them build their mosque there. The people that oppose it is the current problem here and something i myself have to deal with. oh and about the McCain and Obama part i was referring to this.

Many of these people in this meeting is the reason why people look down on Americans.

Here is what that women has to say and many people agree with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non of that is wrong what is wrong is the underlying tone here that Islam is a religion of terrorism. Tell me is that right ? Because if it isn't let them build their mosque there. The people that oppose it is the current problem here and something i myself have to deal with. oh and about the McCain and Obama part i was referring to this.

Now why are you linking Islam with terrorism. I haven't said anything like that. it's you who is saying it now. I am referring to Islamic extremists, not to islam, it's you who is bring whole Islam in here.

and about the videos, everyone got their own opinions. those people are just like you and I. Some may like America and some may not. But that does not make the truth a lie and vice versa.

Now why are you linking Islam with terrorism. I haven't said anything like that. it's you who is saying it now. I am referring to Islamic extremists, not to islam, it's you who is bring whole Islam in here.

and about the videos, everyone got their own opinions. those people are just like you and I. Some may like America and some may not. just like some may like china and some may not.

I am not linking it with terrorism i am saying the people that oppose this are. If your saying there is another legitimate reason for people to oppose it i would certainly like to hear it :)

Those videos are a big issue. Everyone has their opinions but when you falsify the facts and have Islamophobia issues that is a problem(and it can get dangerous). I am saying those are the reasons why this mosque going up is being opposed.

Sarah palin said it was a “unnecessary provocation.” what is being provoked here exactly ? Islamophobia? Fear? Angry? What ? What are they trying to associate Islam with ? It is just a place that is going up in the "Land of the free" where people of one religion can pray. We should not associate it with terrorism.

I am not linking it with terrorism i am saying the people that oppose this are. If your saying there is another legitimate reason for people to oppose it i would certainly like to hear it :)

Those videos are a big issue. Everyone has their opinions but when you falsify the facts and have Islamophobia issues that is a problem(and it can get dangerous). I am saying those are the reasons why this mosque going up is being opposed.

Sarah palin said it was a “unnecessary provocation.” what is being provoked here exactly ? Islamophobia? Fear? Angry? What ? What are they trying to associate Islam with ? It is just a place that is going up in the "Land of the free" where people of one religion can pray. We should not associate it with terrorism.

As i said before, "Muslims extremists" who use Islam as a base to attack the west, now how would a white American respond to it, when he hears that A mosque is being built for Muslims and IN an area where his loved ones were killed by Muslims extremists. This is their fear as well as their anger. Also like i said it before, Why those people wanna build that mosque only there?? why not build it somewhere else, since the WHOLE world knows the relation between western and muslims. this action by them will only spread more hatred toward Muslims in the America.

I don't care how many mosques are being built or by who, all i am saying is that this is not the right time to do this and espically in that area. ordinary people just can't forget 9/11.

As i said before, "Muslims extremists" who use Islam as a base to attack the west, now how would a white American respond to it, when he hears that A mosque is being built for Muslims and IN an area where his loved ones were killed by Muslims extremists. This is their fear as well as their anger. Also like i said it before, Why those people wanna build that mosque only there?? why not build it somewhere else, since the WHOLE world knows the relation between western and muslims. this action by them will only spread more hatred toward Muslims in the America.

I don't care how many mosques are being built or by who, all i am saying is that this is not the right time to do this and espically in that area. ordinary people just can't forget 9/11.

I could care less how a white American responds if he is relating a mosque to terrorism attacks. As far as where the mosque is built it should be built even closer. This is tackling the issue of religious tolerance in a country that is a nation of immigrants and makes it clear that they are for religious freedom and the freedom of speech. I bet these people were totally fine with draw Mohamed day (Which btw i thought was fine) Yet they are against building of a mosque. If these "white Americans" could understand the difference between Islam and Islamic terrorism they would be fine with it. They don't and that specifically is the issue that this is tackling. By saying no they can't build here we go against religious freedom by relating Islam to what the terrorists on 9/11 did.Our founding fathers would be rolling in their graves right now.

Last edited:
Only one way to ban this mosque - ban Islam from the US. Otherwise its private property being built with private funds.

This proposed project is about promoting integration, tolerance of difference and community cohesion through arts and culture. Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf, CEO of Cordoba Initiative said “the closest Mosque to this area is a dozen blocks away and very overcrowded, but this site was also chosen for exactly what happened here on 9/11 and what America stands for. Definitely, this is a victory of American tolerance over hatred.”

If Americans can't even tolerate other religions then what is so great about what the U.S. stands for ?

Back
Top Bottom