What's new

'Death to America' Explained: Iran clarifies meaning

KhalaiMakhlooq

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'Death to America': Iran clarifies meaning

Published on Feb 8, 2019

Iranians will chant "Death to America" as long as Washington continues its hostile policies, but the slogan is directed at President Donald Trump and U.S. leaders, not the American nation, Iran's supreme leader said on Feb. 8.

Death to Iran!! May it die a slow death at the hands of its mullahs.......

Imagine the outrage if Americans actually gathered in public chanting that, and then burned the Iranian flag.

I actually don't understand how you're (US citizens) supposed to react to the 'Death to America' chants, it's somehow acceptable it many peoples view.

I think it's pretty self-explanatory; doesn't really need a video. It's just too bad Iran isn't strong enough to deliver the death America so richly deserves.

Imagine the outrage if Americans actually gathered in public chanting that, and then burned the Iranian flag.

I actually don't understand how you're (US citizens) supposed to react to the 'Death to America' chants, it's somehow acceptable it many peoples view.
If iran had been acting in america the way that the us&co has been acting in the me then the us might`ve had some good reasons for chanting "death to iran" or burning iranian flags.
When one looks at the last century of foreign,mainly western,meddling[still ongoing sadly] in the affairs of the region and its nations and peoples,well then a lot of that local anger is pretty understandable.

If iran had been acting in america the way that the us&co has been acting in the me then the us might`ve had some good reasons for chanting "death to iran" or burning iranian flags.
When one looks at the last century of foreign,mainly western,meddling[still ongoing sadly] in the affairs of the region and its nations and peoples,well then a lot of that local anger is pretty understandable.

I'm interested in hearing a balanced and unfiltered perspective on this century of foreign meddling. Feel free to share this if you believe you're without judgement or interpretation, I'm open to listening and understanding.

Just like Imran Khan said “Go Nawaz Go” in Sindh means “Go Zardari Go.”

In the same way “Death to Amrika” can apply to US anti-Iranian establishment threatening their country daily.

Same way how Trump’s “she is bleeding out of her eyes and everywhere else which i dont know (menses)” just means she is angry. “grab her by the p—sy” is just locker room talk.

How Trump’s “Complete shutdown of Muslims coming to US” and “Islam hates us” are not anti-Islam, but taken out of context.

I can literally go on forever.

Just like Imran Khan said “Go Nawaz Go” in Sindh means “Go Zardari Go.”

In the same way “Death to Amrika” can apply to US anti-Iranian establishment threatening their country daily.

Same way how Trump’s “she is bleeding out of her eyes and everywhere else which i dont know (menses)” just means she is angry. “grab her by the p—sy” is just locker room talk.

How Trump’s “Complete shutdown of Muslims coming to US” and “Islam hates us” are not anti-Islam, but taken out of context.

I can literally go on forever.

The 'death to America' chant is jingoistic, that much is obvious, and like most jingoism not well thought out. It is an expression of anti-American sentiment but as Khamenei interprets it as "death to the U.S.'s policies, death to arrogance" not American people.

The 'death to America' chant is jingoistic, that much is obvious, and like most jingoism not well thought out. It is an expression of anti-American sentiment but as Khamenei interprets it as "death to the U.S.'s policies, death to arrogance" not American people.

Pakistanis come quick and support Iranian POV.

Back
Top Bottom