What's new

Dear Karachi, Learn From Punjab Govt What You Must

I wonder how much Sindh gov spend on Karachi waste management? If LWMC budget is Rs13b then Karachi budget should be Rs20b but its likely not more then Rs1 billion.

Maybe they think cleaning Karachi is waste of resources?

LWMC approves Rs13bn budget

LAHORE: The Lahore Waste Management Company (LWMC) board of directors approved company’s annual budget of Rs13.902 billion for the fiscal year of 2016-17.

The board meeting was presided over by chairman Mehr Ishtiaq Ahmad and attended by members Ahmad Rafay Alam, Dr Nasir

Javed, Aslam Javed, Khawaja Imran Nazir, Javed Masood and Khuram Rohail Asghar. LWMC Managing Director Nusrat Tufail Gill was also present.

According to a spokesman for the LWMC, Rs6.694 billion will be spent on operational expenditures and Rs2.028 billion on capital expenditures.

The budget also allocated Rs3.911 billion for direct labour cost and Rs539 million for head office expenditures. Up to Rs15 million will be for non-capital expenditures. Moreover, the budget allocated Rs715 million for the treatment and disposal project at Lakhodair, Rs50 million for the material recycling facility at the Sundar area, and Rs27.7 million for the improvement and rehabilitation of Mahmood Booti dump site.

The budget also included expenditures for the construction of two cells at the sanitary landfill site of Lakhodair.

The budget allocations are Rs1 billion more than last year’s budget due to the expansion of LWMC’s services to the whole city, particularly to cooperative housing societies. The areas of Cantonment and railways do not still come under the jurisdiction of the LWMC.

PFA: Punjab Food Authority teams sealed on Friday MN Traders (a biscuits manufacturing unit) in Iqbal Town’s Khyber Block and Al Madina Hotel in Sanda for flouting hygiene standards.

According to a spokesperson, the teams also sealed Mashallah Soda Water, Javid Sweets’ production unit, Ghulam Mustafa Store, Nafees Sweets and Special Bakery in Shalamar, Kamahan, Barkat Market and Harbanspura.

The officials also imposed a fine on Citi Bread’s production unit, Talib Hotel and Aroosa Marriage Hall.

Published in Dawn, May 28th, 2016

I think the biggest problem of Karachi is ethnicity.
When there were target killings, extortion and terrorism, we wonder who is doing all of this. We blame mqm , which is truth but not full truth. Mqm used to have militant wing to kill Ppp militant wing. Ppp migrant wing used to kill mqm militant wings. Other parties Also have militant wings, the situation was so complex that after some time it was difficult to even understand what was going on . Now situation is 100 times better I think people really feel the difference this time.
Basically it is all about Sindhi vs mahajir. Both were fighting to control Karachi. Ppp has really really destroyed Karachi because of interior sindh and see what they have to show for. The only thing in sindh is poverty, hunger and nothing else. Ppp is the worst thing that ever happened to pakistan.
I never thought a day would come that I would support mqm, but I think this new mqm pakistan is the representative of mahajir people, because pmln and pti didn't even try to make inroads into Karachi.if only mqm pakistan remove the wrong elements form it. For example I can never tolerate a person when if he is alleged in burning of 200 people alive. there is no forgiveness For such people.
Without them ppp would eat mahajir alive.
We call us so called Muslims, yet two Muslims groups fights for their ethnicity.
Mahajir are not treated well, they live in largest city whereas provincial government is not ready to spend a buck on Karachi. I wonder why they still keep it as their capital. If things go that way, it would be very difficult to work.
They can make Karachi a city under federal capital.
The respect, needs that Karachi city has, simply ppp was denying them on ethic basis. Look at the karachi board or sindh board .Almost all the new generation are illiterate or cheaters. There is feeling of injustice against the government. Altaf hussaini used to cash that injustice and resentment .
if we don't pay attention then this resentment would emerge again

In our housing society several families moved from Karachi to Lahore. A great many families did move when target killing was going on and people are asking for extortion. Because they wanted to do business in extortion free environment. I don't say everything is rosy in Punjab but it is way better then sindh or Karachi.
Ppp wo Dayan hai jo Apna bachoon ko bhi Kha jati hai. In my neighborhood there is a Karachi family that has shifted permanently, when my mother asked the kids, why the left Karachi, they innocently say: anty Karachi main kachra bought hai.
How ineffective and inefficient you have to be, I think ppp can win Guinness world record. How can you are so dumb that you cannot open gutters or pick up garbage.

I think the biggest problem of Karachi is ethnicity.
When there were target killings, extortion and terrorism, we wonder who is doing all of this. We blame mqm , which is truth but not full truth. Mqm used to have militant wing to kill Ppp militant wing. Ppp migrant wing used to kill mqm militant wings. Other parties Also have militant wings, the situation was so complex that after some time it was difficult to even understand what was going on . Now situation is 100 times better I think people really feel the difference this time.
Basically it is all about Sindhi vs mahajir. Both were fighting to control Karachi. Ppp has really really destroyed Karachi because of interior sindh and see what they have to show for. The only thing in sindh is poverty, hunger and nothing else. Ppp is the worst thing that ever happened to pakistan.
I never thought a day would come that I would support mqm, but I think this new mqm pakistan is the representative of mahajir people, because pmln and pti didn't even try to make inroads into Karachi.if only mqm pakistan remove the wrong elements form it. For example I can never tolerate a person when if he is alleged in burning of 200 people alive. there is no forgiveness For such people.
Without them ppp would eat mahajir alive.
We call us so called Muslims, yet two Muslims groups fights for their ethnicity.
Mahajir are not treated well, they live in largest city whereas provincial government is not ready to spend a buck on Karachi. I wonder why they still keep it as their capital. If things go that way, it would be very difficult to work.
They can make Karachi a city under federal capital.
The respect, needs that Karachi city has, simply ppp was denying them on ethic basis. Look at the karachi board or sindh board .Almost all the new generation are illiterate or cheaters. There is feeling of injustice against the government. Altaf hussaini used to cash that injustice and resentment .
if we don't pay attention then this resentment would emerge again

In our housing society several families moved from Karachi to Lahore. A great many families did move when target killing was going on and people are asking for extortion. Because they wanted to do business in extortion free environment. I don't say everything is rosy in Punjab but it is way better then sindh or Karachi.
Ppp wo Dayan hai jo Apna bachoon ko bhi Kha jati hai. In my neighborhood there is a Karachi family that has shifted permanently, when my mother asked the kids, why the left Karachi, they innocently say: anty Karachi main kachra bought hai.
How ineffective and inefficient you have to be, I think ppp can win Guinness world record. How can you are so dumb that you cannot open gutters or pick up garbage.

I'm sorry but now MQM factions are target killing each other while ANP/PPP no longer are in the game. Tells me whole Karachi ethnic problem was because of MQM and MQM only. There are also political differences on language basis in other provinces but on personal level or target killings are non existent. Yes things are 100 better now that MQM-Pakistan extortion offices are closed for ever and they are trying to become mainstream party like any other. But MQM-London will not let them live in peace and they will keep target killings MQM-Pakistan/PSP.

PPP isn't going to eat mahajir alive if not for MQM, what a ridiculous notion and stupidity. MQM it self is very corrupt and bhatta khor party. Karachi local government do get funds from provincial gov but we don't see where they spent it. But they demand more share and powers but that's not ideal. For one muhajirs are not absolute majority in Karachi but because of parliamentary ethnic racist party like MQM will win most seats. This alone is the reason all of Karachi power and budget shouldn't be handed over to MQM and its factions.

Who is the Karachi mayor now? someone from PPP or MQM?

Karachi was doing good under MQM before. Remember Mustafa Kamaal era. Thing is PPP is corrupt and they don't want to do any development work rather they will open a sceme to provide monthly funding to people to make their slaves.

What happened to Sharjeel memon announcement to provide free internet to karachi? Nothing.

They just kept beating their chest that they provide 50 crore eyar a go to mqm while they enjoyed countless crore in these 8 years. Not a single road is capabale of driving the car, not a single corner is not full with garbage.

Karachi's money going to Punjab. Surely it will develop.

naach na jaany aangan terha..

can you prove your statement ..And plz don't come back with'' Duniya janti hy sab janty hain '' type of bullshit .. so we can have a fruitful argument .Thanks

Ooopss sorry... In the small image it seemed like an Indian MIG
Mig are total other breed my friend
Mig 21
upload_2017-9-7_21-22-30.jpeg

Mig 27
upload_2017-9-7_21-23-47.jpeg

Mig29
Fly-MiG-29-Fulcrum.jpg

This is only for your knowledge. No hard feelings
:tup:

naach na jaany aangan terha..

can you prove your statement ..And plz don't come back with'' Duniya janti hy sab janty hain '' type of bullshit .. so we can have a fruitful argument .Thanks
Dr shahyar u should check into a mental asylum

Back
Top Bottom