What's new

Deal signed to launch Bangladesh’s first satellite

They used SATs comms in MBT 2000?:-)

Please will you show Sat Com antenna equipped in MBT 2000? And which encryption hardware these MBT 2000 use and with which SATs?
http://orbit-cs.com

Idiot, I tried to say that it's not necessary that something you have never owned before, cannot be owned in future!

And the link to remote sensing please? Feels like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Since there will be ground stations, we can predict that it will have remote sensing applications.

Since there will be ground statiosn, we can predict that it will have remote sensing applications.

You are talking to someone who worked in remote sensing.

Ground stations dont prove anything, the actual bus architecture on the satellite does.

So I will ask again....have you even looked at the Thales bus? Do you even know what a bus is?

Since there will be ground stations, we can predict that it will have remote sensing applications.

Yeah sure, it can capture images at a resolution of 200 metres- if it ever carries a remote sensing payload that is.

You are talking to someone who worked in remote sensing.

Ground stations dont prove anything, the actual bus architecture on the satellite does.

So I will ask again....have you even looked at the Thales bus? Do you even know what a bus is?

Anybody in the internet works in NASA!

Ground Stations prove that they are being built for a reason.

Just about every source out there?

Example:

http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/bangabandhu-1.htm

https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/worl...build-bangabandhu-telecommunication-satellite

Built on the upgraded Spacebus 4000B2 platform, Bangabandhu will be fitted with 26 Ku-Band and 14 C-Band transponders.

Oh, I didn't know about the bus for the satellite, I expected Eurostar. But from your link:

Thales Alenia Space will also take charge of the ground segment, which will benefit of the SpaceOps Thales Alenia Space tools for the mission planning and monitoring. It includes two ground facility buildings gathering Satellite Control and Network Operations Center based on the SpaceGate Thales Alenia Space global solution. Spectra Engineers Ltd., Thales partner in Bangladesh, is in charge of the civil work of the ground facilities.

Oh, I didn't know about the bus for the satellite, I expected Eurostar. But from your link:

Thales Alenia Space will also take charge of the ground segment, which will benefit of the SpaceOps Thales Alenia Space tools for the mission planning and monitoring. It includes two ground facility buildings gathering Satellite Control and Network Operations Center based on the SpaceGate Thales Alenia Space global solution. Spectra Engineers Ltd., Thales partner in Bangladesh, is in charge of the civil work of the ground facilities.

Like I said the satellite is strictly a comms satellite. Its payload is purely transponders, thats the whole purpose of the spacebus family from Thales. You need ground stations for comms birds, they are probably doing one for each frequency range...so you can make the best possible use of the onboard multiplexer capability and also have the best Gain optimisation possible for the uplink. Link budgets having more than 1 ground station are quite common these days.

Remote sensing however will need a completely different bus. Having both in one satellite will be very ungainly and massive....well past 5 ton mass...and you are better off having two separate dedicated satellites given the power requirements and mass budget.

So no, there is no remote sensing (camera, radar or other) capability here....its purely a comms bird.

A new series of satellites will be needed for BD remote sensing.

Like I said the satellite is strictly a comms satellite. Its payload is purely transponders, thats the whole purpose of the spacebus family from Thales. You need ground stations for comms birds, they are probably doing one for each frequency range...so you can make the best possible use of the onboard multiplexer capability and also have the best Gain optimisation possible for the uplink. Link budgets having more than 1 ground station are quite common these days.

Remote sensing however will need a completely different bus. Having both in one satellite will be very ungainly and massive....well past 5 ton mass...and you are better off having two separate dedicated satellites given the power requirements and mass budget.

So no, there is no remote sensing (camera, radar or other) capability here....its purely a comms bird.

A new series of satellites will be needed for BD remote sensing.

Thanks for your info!

Back
Top Bottom