What's new

De-hyphenating India-Pakistan!!

would cutting off diplomatic and economic relations bring peace between India & Pakistan???

• Total voters
Here is an excerpt from an older post on this general topic that you may find interesting:

Mutual Blackmail: Economic Treaty Organization Between Afghanistan, Pakistan and India

So what to do next? Much has already been said about the Indo-Pak rivalry and history, and how it affects the present conflict as well, but it is high time for a bold idea that takes it into account, and lays the basis for achieving US goals as well, based on the idea that "friendship is merely mutual blackmail elevated to a higher level". The US should create and fund an Economic Treaty Organization between Afghanistan, Pakistan and India that will create all the elements of mutual blackmail by tying together long term economic interests of all the parties involved, thus in time elevating it to the higher level of friendship, as already stated above. The return on investment of such a plan is going to be far higher than cleaning up the mess afterwards, and anything less would fail to the detriment of all. After having exhausted all other possibilities, it is high time the Americans did the right thing. Countless millions are counting on it.
Be it with the intention of blackmailing (to be elevated to friendship later) or with the intention of serving US, such an economic treaty will not come to fruition. :)

Nawaz Sharif might not be taken seriously in Pakistan but as a head of the state he is useful pawn for India to be exploited in the international forum. He is willing to be the sacrificial lamb in this tussle between GoI and the Pakistani deep state and India must not let this opportunity slip away.
How exactly will this work in India's favour??

We saw how political stand off between Imran Khan and Nawaz Sharif went on for weeks and what it brought to Pakistan. Political instability is a far more powerful weapon if used wisely.
well, they are a fragile state, and Noora saab is quite unpopular lately.. have a look at what's trending: #GiveMangoesToGetCoffins hashtag on Twitter

Modi's gameplan might just be to try and force yet another military coup and lift the curtains off the real powers that be in Pakistan, which they are fully primed and prepped for, but which will also have disastrous consequences for them geopoliticaly.

we here know Nawaz is nothing, it's the other Sharif that matters... and with that, for now it's advantage India :smokin:

hmm
200_s.gif

I will get back to you on other points later. Can you explain the bold part first ? What exactly was that ? Why it is necessary to work with Pakistani govt. to avoid incidents like Mumbai ?

Government to gov treaties hold the most weight in any situation.

well, they are a fragile state, and Noora saab is quite unpopular lately.. have a look at what's trending: #GiveMangoesToGetCoffins hashtag on Twitter

Modi's gameplan might just be to try and force yet another military coup and lift the curtains off the real powers that be in Pakistan, which they are fully primed and prepped for, but which will also have disastrous consequences for them geopoliticaly.

we here know Nawaz is nothing, it's the other Sharif that matters... and with that, for now it's advantage India :smokin:

hmm
200_s.gif

What kind of ignorant comment is that?

Oh bhai jaan,

Pakistan is a martial country, and hence a military commanders here have always enjoyed more global respect.

Have you even followed the news of how Gen. Raheel Sharif is given honors in every capital he visits?

Start with DC, then to British PM's residence then to Russia, China, S Africa, and other European capitals.

Oh and let's not forget capitals in Middle East.

So if Modi's tea stall policies is what you are reporting here, then I can say, May God help you.

peace

We saw how political stand off between Imran Khan and Nawaz Sharif went on for weeks and what it brought to Pakistan. Political instability is a far more powerful weapon if used wisely.

Don't cry when Bharati Punjab gets some flames as well.

What they say

Karma is a beeaaaaach. The biggest one.

Funny that you have a brains to come to a Pakistani forum and $hit around using words like terrorism against us as if the whole country is launching attacks in Kashmir.

Please learn to behave when you are in someone else house even virtually speaking.

Thank you
)
Learn how to behave n talk in a forum first... Brain is not exclusive to Pakistani human alone unlike terrorism .....

You are such an audacious ppl one side you kill innocent Indians in terrorists attack like Mumbai at the same time you will lecture us how to void such terrorist attack in India is that india should work hand in glove with Pakistan....
So in same way I would advise you to sit with your TTP brethren who were involved in Peshawar..... Just be cooperative with them to avoid another Peshawar...

Government to gov treaties hold the most weight in any situation.
You are avoiding a direct question.

Why it is necessary to work with Pakistani govt. to avoid incidents like Mumbai ?

And what is the scope of work here ?

Survival of the fittest!!!
And death of the stupidest!!!!!!!!

Why it is necessary to work with Pakistani govt. to avoid incidents like Mumbai ?
OK bhai

run to China then. or Russia or Timbukto .

Oh Bhai

you are on a Pakistani forum, talking in threads about DE-hyphnating India-Pakistan.

Do you then see an irony?

practice what you preach. This is what sages say.

What kind of ignorant comment is that?

Oh bhai jaan,

Pakistan is a martial country, and hence a military commanders here have always enjoyed more global respect.

Have you even followed the news of how Gen. Raheel Sharif is given honors in every capital he visits?

Start with DC, then to British PM's residence then to Russia, China, S Africa, and other European capitals.

Oh and let's not forget capitals in Middle East.

So if Modi's tea stall policies is what you are reporting here, then I can say, May God help you.

peace
sorry sirji, even I want peace but

"martial country" ? LOL.. more like martial law run military coup country, a system not very popular with "the west", or the rest for that matter

and yes I've followed Gen Sharif closely, he is your foreign minister, defence minister, prime minister, president and de facto 'supreme leader'/caliph, a superman who can do no wrong..

and that most of your awam will absolutely love it if he comes to power :agree:

you can call it tea stall 'chaiwalla' if it makes you feel better but really it's more like chanakya neeti or putin's judo "use your opponents weight to topple him" policy

economic, military or harami.. India holds the cards, we will exploit every fissure and crack but you can't do 1990s again in our Kashmir.

OK bhai

run to China then. or Russia or Timbukto .

Oh Bhai

you are on a Pakistani forum, talking in threads about DE-hyphnating India-Pakistan.

Do you then see an irony?

practice what you preach. This is what sages say.

I don't think I follow.
For example I don't think govt. of Finland and Argentina work together on a lot of things. Does not mean they have terrorist attacks there.
I asked you two things :

1.Govts. working together and terrorist attacks.. how they are related ?

2. What kind of work are we talking about ?

Anyways, you don't have to answer that.

Don't cry when Bharati Punjab gets some flames as well.

What they say

Karma is a beeaaaaach. The biggest one.

Well you do what you have to do and we will do what we have to do.

Politically unstable Pakistan will be much less a threat then totally hostile state.

Last edited:
Be it with the intention of blackmailing (to be elevated to friendship later) or with the intention of serving US, such an economic treaty will not come to fruition. :)

Not anytime soon, I agree. But it must be done at some point.

He has a point there, although I may not entirely agree with it.

Just think about it this way - Having Pakistan for a neighbour and enemy state is fine, but I would definitely not want to have North Korea in Pakistan's place :P

Not anytime soon, I agree. But it must be done at some point.

Why would US go into brokering such a deal ? What is the return on investment ?

He has a point there, although I may not entirely agree with it.

Just think about it this way - Having Pakistan for a neighbour and enemy state is fine, but I would definitely not want to have North Korea in Pakistan's place :P

A politically weak Pakistan is in our benefit and nothing unites Pakistan as admitted by many people on this forum, their hate towards India. And by not engaging with the civilian government we might be folding a card which can be played at a time of our choosing.

First of all, India must love and respect Pakistan and its citizens. Let's change your attitudes and behaviours.

:D
First point checked. I have absolutely nothing against some normal Pakistani.
Next ?

The best position to negotiate is from one of overwhelming strength. If India has many good cards to play now, it can drive the best deal for itself. That is how international geopolitics works -
Pakistan tried that. During the Cold War the U.S., perceiving India as hostile, armed Pakistan to the teeth. Negotiations between India and Pakistan took place, some to Pakistan's advantage - but Pakistan's leaders could not resist temptation and initiated a war of conquest in 1965. (Suggest you don't debate until you've read the relevant bits of the declassified FOREIGN RELATIONS OF THE UNITED STATES, 1964–1968, VOLUME XXV, SOUTH ASIA)

Back
Top Bottom