What's new

Days after taking Made in India vaccine, BJP minister tests COVID-19 positive

arjunk

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Anil Vij was last month administered a trial dose of a coronavirus vaccine as part of the third phase trial of Bharat Biotech's Covaxin.
Ambala:
Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij tweeted this morning to say that he has tested positive for coronavirus. Mr Vij, 67, said he is admitted at the Civil Hospital in Ambala. The announcement comes a little over two weeks after he participated in the clinical trials of a coronavirus vaccine.

The minister also urged all those who had come in close contact with him to get themselves tested.

"I have been tested Corona positive. I am admitted in Civil Hospital Ambala Cantt. All those who have come in close contact to me are advised to get themselves tested for corona," Mr Vij tweeted.

On November 20, Mr Vij, who is also Haryana's Health Minister, participated in the third phase trial of Bharat Biotech's Covaxin. He had earlier announced on Twitter that he will be the first volunteer in his state for the vaccine trials.

I have been tested Corona positive. I am admitted in Civil Hospital Ambala Cantt. All those who have come in close contact to me are advised to get themselves tested for corona.
— ANIL VIJ MINISTER HARYANA (@anilvijminister) December 5, 2020
"The antibodies against the infection build up in a human being only after a specific number of days pass after the second dose of the vaccine is taken, since this is a two-dose vaccine. The minister in question has taken only one dose of the vaccine," the Union Health Ministry said after Mr Vij's announcement.

Bharat Biotech, that is developing the vaccine, said the clinical trials of Covaxin are based on a two-dose schedule, given 28 days apart. "The vaccine efficacy will be determined 14 days post the second dose. Covaxin has been designed to be efficacious when subjects receive both doses," the Hyderabad-based drug maker said, reacting to the news of the Haryana minister testing positive.

Covaxin has been evaluated in about 1,000 subjects in the first two phases of clinical trials, with promising safety and immunogenicity data.

"The Phase-3 trials are double-blinded and randomised, where 50% of subjects (participants in the trial) receive vaccine and 50% of subjects receive placebo," the company said.

Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain, while wishing Mr Vij a speedy recovery, tweeted that he hoped the centre "takes note of the concerns raised over the vaccine and that the upcoming vaccine is completely safe and effective".

A three-member delegation of the Jannayak Janta Party (JJP), the BJP's coalition partner in Haryana, had met Mr Vij on Friday and sought withdrawal of cases registered in the state against farmers participating in the protest against the new farm laws. The delegation was led by JJP's state unit chief Nishan Singh and senior party leader Digvijay Singh Chautala was also a part of it. Yoga guru Ramdev too had met Mr Vij on Tuesday.

Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had tested positive for coronavirus in August, and was admitted to a private hospital in Gurgaon near Delhi. The state assembly speaker, Gian Chand Gupta , had tested positive a day earlier, two days before the assembly session.

Haryana has reported over 2.4 lakh Covid cases so far, including 2,539 deaths.

Some more vedic research is needed to turn cow-ka cowla in to a covid vaccine.
tenor.gif

Some more vedic research is needed to turn cow-ka cowla in to a covid vaccine. View attachment 693516
The vaccine needed more cow piss
Haw haw! look at stupid endians trying to make a vaccine. Just wait for the Chinese to make it and sell it to ya, ya dum dums.

It takes a special kind to mock others on something one is not even capable of.

Last edited by a moderator:
anything Made in India is gobar, prime example is defense related purchases.....
Might I refer you to GoPs decision to exclude gobar Indian made meds to the trade ban with GoI.

Why is the GoP deliberately allowing injestion of feaces by it's citizens?

Might I refer you to GoPs decision to exclude gobar Indian made meds to the trade ban with GoI.

Why is the GoP deliberately allowing injestion of feaces by it's citizens?
talk to GoP, they might listen to you.
Why wasting resources on useless invaders tech, use proven Vedic cures, as claimed by India.

It takes a special kind to mock others on something one is not even capable of.
Come back when your vaccine finally works. In the end it gonna be the same way as defence products. Videshi maal with desi rang.

Vedic science will surely find a solution
I don't exactly know much about vedic science nor do I give it much weightage, but surely trying to make one by yourself beats waiting for others to make it for you.

Mocking others for trying to find a solution is much easier than trying to tread one by yourself.

India's your perennial enemy, I get that. I truly do, but all mocking us does, is divert from the question of self capability to solve a similar problem.
talk to GoP, they might listen to you.
Why wasting resources on useless invaders tech, use proven Vedic cures, as claimed by India.
You're right, there's no bragadacio untill it works. Just as there should be no derision untill it completely fails either, especially when one does not possess capabilities to attempt anything similar, glass houses and all.

Various countries, yours included, would disagree with you about the efficacy of Indian made drugs, even the plagued reputation of our generics fare better than some original ones. Medicinal effects, you see, are indifferent to personal opinions.

Surely you'd agree, medical vaccine production process is frought with complications and setbacks. It's simply a part of an iterative scientific procedure.

Last edited:
Come back when your vaccine finally works. In the end it gonna be the same way as defence products. Videshi maal with desi rang.
If it fails, it fails.

Comparing defence sector to pharmaceutical sector would be like apples to oranges wouldn't you agree? Especially since India has a well developed pharmaceutical manufacturing capabilities.

If it fails, it fails.

Comparing defence sector to pharmaceutical sector would be like apples to oranges wouldn't you agree? Especially since India has a well licensed pharmaceutical manufacturing capabilities.
FTFY

You're right, there's no bragadacio untill it works. Just as there should be no derision untill it completely fails either.

Various countries, yours included, would disagree with you about the efficacy of Indian made drugs, even the plagued genetics fare better.

Surely you'd agree, medical vaccine production process is frought with complications and setbacks. It's simply a part of iterative scientific procedure.
I am only saying, why not use proven ancient Indian cures?

are Indians loosing their trust and faith in Vedic achievements and cures?

or Vedic cures are enforced only upon low cast hindus? brahmans do not use it themselves?

Last edited:
Let's assume, all the meds made in India are either knockoffs or produced by licence or outright plagiarised.

Does that take away the technical know-how and manufacturing capabilities?

Does it take away the production and institutional know-how about the development of pharmaceutical goods?

You have no idea, what accumulation of years of practice does for a manufacturing sector.

Back
Top Bottom