What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual winner...
MIG-21 Pilots.. they probably celebrated like crazy

yes those who suffer was mig-23 and mig-21 pilots not they start training and work on new birds ASAP and feel much much more safe then before

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 122 users browsing this thread. (27 members and 95 guests)

IMHO, this deal is not so momentous for the IAF but its humungous for the Rafale.

Rafale, despite being a state of the art plane was in desperate need of a huge contract of sale from a foreign customer to bring it the certificate of fieldable, viable, worth spending $$$ aircraft and this deal will do the trick for rafale, i think looking at this deal many reluctant customers will now have confidence in this platform and rafale may receive a few more contracts from the foreign customers...my 2 cents...

http://www.defenseworld.net/go/defe...Rafale Beats Eurofighter Indian MMRCA Contest

Rafale Beats Eurofighter In Indian MMRCA Contest
Our Bureau
Tue, Jan 31, 2012 12:51 CET
French combat plane manufacturer Dassault's Rafale fighter has won the Indian MMRCA competiton beating the European consortum's Eurofighter aircraft in a contest that went on for four years. Rafale executives were called by Indian MOD officials this morning and informed that their aircraft has been finally selected.

The Dassualt team has been issued a letter confirming the Indian MOD's choice, sources told Defenseworld.net. Separately, Eurofighter executives were called in and informed of their elimination from the contest this afternoon,sources close to Eurofighter informed Defenseworld.net.

The final choice was made on price, sources said adding that the French aircraft's total cost worked to about 20% cheaper than that of the Eurofighter.

The India win means sweet success for Dassault which has been struggling in the international marketplace for decades now to find an international buyer for its Rafale multi role fighter. The final price is estimated to US$12 billion for 126 fighters. Some 24 fighters are expected to be sent to Indian in a fly-away condition while the rest are to be licence-manufactured in India.

i don't think that J-10 can GET down any rafale on it's OWN.....correct me if i was wrong
At the time you could produce micky Rafle by yourself, we might have manufactured thousand J-20. Which is a whole generation over Rafle. You still need to work hard, time for celebration is not there yet.

Expert View - French Rafale lowest bidder in India

REUTERS - France's Rafale combat jet has undercut the Eurofighter Typhoon and its manufacturer Dassault is now in exclusive talks on a deal worth up to $15 billion to supply India with 126 fighter planes, Indian government sources said.

Following are reactions to the news, which pushed shares in Dassault Aviation (AVMD.PA) up more than 20 percent to their highest level in over four years.

FRENCH TRADE MINISTER PIERRE LELLOUCHE

"I confirm that we are in a very positive phase for the Rafale in India...At this stage we have to remain prudent; we are in a phase of exclusive negotiations. We have won the contract but there a number of things to finalize so let's be cautious for now."

DASSAULT AVIATION (STATEMENT)

"Following the announcement of the final selection of the Rafale in the frame of the MMRCA program, Dassault Aviation and its partners are honored and grateful to the Indian Government and the people of India to be given the opportunity to extend their long-lasting cooperation."

FRANCIS TUSA

EDITOR, DEFENCE ANALYSIS

"In these competitions as soon as you say there is an evaluation and X is the winner people pay attention, but then you need to have a commercial and industrial evaluation.

This is not a victory, it is round two."

FRENCH LAWMAKER OLIVIER DASSAULT

(SON OF DASSAULT GROUP CEO SERGE DASSAULT)

"It's very, very, very good news not only for Dassault but the whole of the French aeronautic industry.

"It's a programme on which more than 500 companies are cooperating. It's a victory for all of the small- and medium-sized high-technology companies that are participating in the construction of the most beautiful airplane in the world."

HOWARD WHEELDON, SENIOR STRATEGIST, BGC PARTNERS

"This is not the end of the road by any stretch of the imagination. This is only the beginning of a second stage of this campaign.

India is going to ensure it gets what it wants. The bottom line will be when they ask what industrial assistance is genuinely going to be put in, compared with what is promised. The second stage will be more about whether promises can actually be met.

The Typhoon, unlike the Rafale, is far from being a mature aircraft. The Typhoon has time on its side; the Rafale does not.

(Compiled by Tim Hepher, Leigh Thomas)

Calling all Rafale lovers, to name a few Dash, Sancho, Spark.....where are you guys?

Just Indian Press release is awaited.

French company Dassault wins bid for IAF’s 126 fighters

French company Dassault Rafale on Tuesday bagged India’s biggest-ever contract for supplying 126 combat aircraft for the air force, edging out European competitor EADS in the multi-billion dollar deal.

The French firm was declared as the lowest bidder, according to which it will get the contract under India’s defence procurement procedure, sources said.

“The French firm Dassault Rafale has emerged as the L-1 (lowest bidder) and cheaper than its European rival EADS (maker of Eurofighter) in the tender and will be offered to supply the aircraft to the IAF,” the source said.

They said the representatives of Dassault here were informed about the development in the morning and further negotiations on price will be held with them in the next 10-15 days.

The contract will be signed only in the next fiscal.

According to the Request for Proposal (RFP), the winner of the contract will have to supply 18 of the 126 aircraft to the IAF in 36 months from its facilities and the remaining would be produced at HAL facilities in Bangalore.

Six companies including American F-16 and F-18, Russian MiG 35, Swedish Saab Gripen along with Eurofighter and Dassault Rafale were in the race in the beginning.

But in April last year, the Defence Ministry shortlisted Dassault and EADS, evicting the American, Russian and Swedish bids.

The process was started with the issuing of a global tender in 2007 after which all the six contenders were subjected to extensive field evaluation trails by the Indian Air Force at several locations across the globe.

The Hindu : News / National : Frech company Dassault wins bid for IAF

Even though i am big Eurofighter fan, but i think IAF made a wise decision. Both Rafale and Eurofighter are more or less same.
I think game changer for Rafale
1) TOT
2) Air 2 Ground
3) Rafale (indian navy also wanted, if i am not worng Rafale has naval version or developing)

Even though i am big Eurofighter fan, but i think IAF made a wise decision. Both Rafale and Eurofighter are more or less same.
I think game changer for Rafale
1) TOT
2) Air 2 Ground
3) Rafale (indian navy also wanted, if i am not worng Rafale has naval version or developing)

they are not same.EFT is far to reach at the level of present rafale

Looks like i am late...

Congrats to all members here.....:D

Some pics....

dassault-aviations-rafale.jpg

rafale_7.jpg

r

200508rafalezt9.jpg

r

This Deadly Bird flying over Himalayas......
france-dassault-rafaele.jpe

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom