What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
the EF was always the better option , sure hope this is true.

The last[and the only] time SA sent it's Fighter jets to save pakistan's a$$ from Ind was way back during '71 that too only because of U.S pressure.
And I don't think that PK and SA are close enough for SA to reveal secrets about EF to PAF.
Dude,I was was being deliberately ignorant.
If the Rafale had been selected,there would have been OT posts about it being evaluated by PAF in the 90's and it,having no export customers etc.
So now wait for more OT posts about it's lack of A2G capability and it's abysmally low flight hours due to non availability of spare parts etc.

@topic
I really hope they go for Rafale.
I mean c'mon people.
It's got sensor fusion, SPECTRA, the battle-tested Hammer AASM, it carries the same amt of payload as MKI and they plan to increase it further, and to top it all,
It looks soooo beautiful.:bounce:

If this news is true to well and truly sounds the death knoll for the Rafele beyond 2014.
They may cut back on the current production rates and try to sustain it until 2020.
The mind boggling prices on the Mirage upgrade and the MICA missiles makes sense now.

Dude,I was was being deliberately ignorant.
If the Rafale had been selected,there would have been OT posts about it being evaluated by PAF in the 90's and it,having no export customers etc.
So now wait for more OT posts about it's lack of A2G capability and it's abysmally low flight hours due to non availability of spare parts etc.
Btw which A/c are you talking about in the 3rd para.

Btw which A/c are you talking about in the 3rd para.
EuroFighter Typhoon.
Quoting Sancho from the MMRCA sticky,
Simple!

- higher R&D costs in Europe compared to the US
- higher exchange rates compared to the Dollar
- lower production numbers compared to US weapons
- in terms of MICA IR, was not designed as a SR missile only, but as MR missile with all features of a SR missile

Most of these reasons applies to any European weapon or product, which makes them more expensive andwhat difficult to export.

You might find these articles interesting:

Grounded! Almost half of RAF's Typhoon jets unable to fly because they don't have the spare parts to fix them | Mail Online

RAF strips jets for spare parts: Typhoons torn up for Libya air fleet | Mail Online

Eurofighter Typhoon: It's EVEN WORSE than we thought ? The Register

EuroFighter Typhoon.
Quoting Sancho from the MMRCA sticky,

Mat ethe articles you have quoted refer to the RAF Typhoons and not all Typhoons in general. In fact all you are highlighting is the dire straights the RAF is in, in terms of budget and supplies. You can't ***** the entire EFT program based on failures by the RAF to properly secure spares. You don't seem to get similar stories about German Typhoons. As IAF has not shortage of $ these days and certainly won't when these birds are inducted and much of the manufacturing will be done in-country IAF shouldn't have any of the same issues.

Mat ethe articles you have quoted refer to the RAF Typhoons and not all Typhoons in general. In fact all you are highlighting is the dire straights the RAF is in, in terms of budget and supplies. You can't ***** the entire EFT program based on failures by the RAF to properly secure spares. You don't seem to get similar stories about German Typhoons. As IAF has not shortage of $ these days and certainly won't when these birds are inducted and much of the manufacturing will be done in-country IAF shouldn't have any of the same issues.
I was just providing references to my earlier post,I am not generalizing but merely substantiating my earlier stand.
Note:I hate both the Typhoon and the Rafale,I support only these chics.
url

url

74352.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom