What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
the french are offering full ToT
which no one except russians are doing and i think no one wants mig 35:cry:
anyways we will get meteor with rafale and less importantly
rafale is the most beautiful of all 6:yahoo:

France always charge more for upgrades & maintenance, we saw it in Mirage upgrades.more than 2 billion need to pay the upgrade.We operate 51 MirageH and upgrade price is around 40 million per plane? whereas new Mig29K costed us 36 million. Is this commercial advantage?
You first need to understand that French avionics are a bit costlier because they dont have a large production line like US.

Second, if you know the kind of upgrade the Mirage is going through you will know that 40 million per sircraft is worth. Migs are going for a some upgrade, but Mirages are going change drastically in firepower and avionics. If you want then I can post the upgrade details however, you can also browse this thread back to see what we have discussed.

will the new mirages be better than mki in any aspect
if so can u please pm the details coz mki cost us 45mn or so per piece[ex showroom price:devil:]

Last edited:
rafale's cockpit
rafale_cockpit_large.jpg

isnt it BEAUTIFULits definitely the most beautiful thing i ever saw

You first need to understand that French avionics are a bit costlier because they dont have a large production line like US.

Second, if you know the kind of upgrade the Mirage is going through you will know that 40 million per sircraft is worth. Migs are going for a some upgrade, but Mirages are going change drastically in firepower and avionics. If you want then I can post the upgrade details however, you can also browse this thread back to see what we have discussed.

I'm not debating about the quality of french stuff, it is always proven worthy.

After all an aircraft is a machine and it has its life time. We started getting Mirages in 1985, now after 25 years, you are spending 40 Million on a jet. You will get Rafale if you add some more monies (May be 60Million per jet). I'm not saying it is not worthy, coz the flying experience with Mirage is excellent. All I dispute is the price of the upgradation. Remember India wants to buy Mirages (126 nos) as MRCA initially but France Said its production line is closed.

the french are offering full ToT
which no one except russians are doing and i think no one wants mig 35:cry:
anyways we will get meteor with rafale and less importantly
rafale is the most beautiful of all 6:yahoo:

How can the French give us full ToT?:disagree: I've heard some Rafale components are of U.S. origin. In fact all fighters in the competition except the MiG-35 use some american components.

How can the French give us full ToT?:disagree: I've heard some Rafale components are of U.S. origin. In fact all fighters in the competition except the MiG-35 use some american components.
Dont worry about the full TOT stuff, its never full TOT at any cost, but we will get what we want.

I'm not debating about the quality of french stuff, it is always proven worthy.

After all an aircraft is a machine and it has its life time. We started getting Mirages in 1985, now after 25 years, you are spending 40 Million on a jet. You will get Rafale if you add some more monies (May be 60Million per jet). I'm not saying it is not worthy, coz the flying experience with Mirage is excellent. All I dispute is the price of the upgradation. Remember India wants to buy Mirages (126 nos) as MRCA initially but France Said its production line is closed.
Yes they did say that the producttion line is closed but later they also said that they can move the Mirage production line to India, but we changed our mind.

40 million is worth spending on an AC which has served us for 25 years, you are increasing the life by another 20 years, thats fine.

Its getting a new RADAR, new Jammer, new EW suite, Glass cockpit with MFD, HUD. most key tech of Rafale is being given here, so it will cost that much.

Yes they did say that the producttion line is closed but later they also said that they can move the Mirage production line to India, but we changed our mind.

40 million is worth spending on an AC which has served us for 25 years, you are increasing the life by another 20 years, thats fine.

Its getting a new RADAR, new Jammer, new EW suite, Glass cockpit with MFD, HUD. most key tech of Rafale is being given here, so it will cost that much.

Few more questions

-Is the radar AESA?

-Are we getting new Ramjet powered MBDA Meteor along with it?

No its not, its RDY 2 Radar.

No Meteor is the future option, Its Mica.

Still is it a good deal?

Rafale will start fly with AESA in 2012 & Eurofighter in 2014.

another MRCA contender, F-18 has AESA from 2007.

Anyways, in my opinion, I don't think it is a good deal commercially. (without political consideration)

Feel free to disagree...!!:azn:

Still is it a good deal?

Rafale will start fly with AESA in 2012 & Eurofighter in 2014.

another MRCA contender, F-18 has AESA from 2007.

Anyways, in my opinion, I don't think it is a good deal commercially. (without political consideration)

Feel free to disagree...!!:azn:
I realised what you were going to say when you asked me these questions.
Not a problem.

its still a good deal. if it wasnt then 50 years of IAF is being wasted, which isnt the case:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom