What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Interesting development, the important question however is, did Dassault agreed to the pending contract issues of the licence production. If not, it's a huge mistake of the government to commit itself to the Rafale already, since it leaves them in the weaker position when Dassault knows that the MoD can't back out anymore.

Interesting development, the important question however is, did Dassault agreed to the pending contract issues of the licence production. If not, it's a huge mistake of the government to commit itself to the Rafale already, since it leaves them in the weaker position when Dassault knows that the MoD can't back out anymore.

WELCOME BACK and Congratulations to ALL of us

I think we can LINK the signature on N power plants with MMRCA
Both signed together in a few months

I would prefer MMRCA with 63 made in France and the rest in India with full TOT.....It is a mutual benefit.....production line in France will be busy...and this will give enough time for HAL to setup production line and absorb the TOT.

WELCOME BACK and Congratulations to ALL of us

I think we can LINK the signature on N power plants with MMRCA
Both signed together in a few months

Still on vacation till sunday, just dropped by for a few minutes to check the news from the visit. But there are far too little details to celebrate already.

Vishnu Som @VishnuNDTV · 20m20 minutes ago
Now hearing that it's going to be 36 Rafales imported plus 108 to be built in India for a tot of 144. But this keeps changing !
Vishnu Som @VishnuNDTV · 28m28 minutes ago
Sources: MMRCA not scrapped. 108 Rafale to be built in India. 36 imported from France. 144 total. Negotiations continue.

Vishnu Som @VishnuNDTV · 1h1 hour ago
Think this HAS to be an interim purchase of Rafale jets.
No question and answer session. 36 jets won't solve the Air Forces problems.
This is not a deal. It is a statement of intent to buy 36 Rafale jets. A fairly modest deal once it happens.
Rafale deal - 36 Rafale jets in flyaway condition.
Rafale deal - Hollande says Modi will talk about the Rafale deal next

French people will tell any thing to sell there product,long time back somebody claimed that rafale is capable of doing 11+g pull
@#hydra#
Rafale is capable of pulling 11 G in clean configuration.
The Rafale side stick controller has two limits : one "elastic stop" and one "mechanical stop".

If the pilot pulls to the elastic stop, the computer will limit the load factor to 9 G. But in case of emergency, it can pull the stick to the mechanical stop (he must provide much more pulling force for that, at least 40 kg if it's like the Mirage 2000), and then the flight control computer will allow the elevons to deflect more than normally, allowing the load factor to climb up to 11 G;

It works the same for the Mirage 2000, in which the mechanical stop is at 12 G. I even heard that a Greek pilot momentarily pulled nearly 14 G in emergency. He suffered some injuries and the plane had some minor damages.

Last edited:
[URL='https://twitter.com/thaparvishal']Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 2m2 minutes ago
To sum up: India importing 36 Rafale fighters to commit itself to the larger deal for 126 Rafales, and possibly 63 follow-ons

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 59s59 seconds ago
6/n Import of 36 Rafale justified on ground of "critical operational necessity". Quick delivery likely in time frame compatible with op reqt

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 4m4 minutes ago
5/n India expresses commitment to "separate process underway" for acquiring 126 Rafale fighters, while ordering import of 36 as a precursor

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 5m5 minutes ago
4/n France to deliver 36 fly-away Rafales in the same configuration as the one offered in the IAF tender for 126 fighters, with same weapons

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 7m7 minutes ago
3/n Imported Rafale fighters to cost less than price quoted by Dassault in tender for 126 fighters, govt to govt deal to facilitate import

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 9m9 minutes ago
2/n India commits itself to the French Rafale,sets speculation to rest:Import of 36 Rafale fighters recursor to larger deal for 126 fighters

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 11m11 minutes ago
India's decision to import 36 Rafale fighters in fly away condition a reassurance to France that its committed to tender for 126 Rafales 1/n[/URL]

MEA CONFIRMS 108 RAFALE TO BE PRODUCED IN INDIA + 36 FLYAWAY FROM FRANCE = 144 RAFALE.

Hmmmm, @MilSpec ; now the trickle of info is increasing. So it looks like:
1. MMRCA is still on.
2. TOT and local manufacture is still on the cards.
3. the initial tranche of 36 aircraft is intended to fast-track the acquisition process.
4. Allowing more time to sort out any remaining hiccups.
5. This initial lot may even be used to control/amortise any cost-differentials arising out of setting up a new line in India.

Just my initial take on the straws in the wind, so to speak.......

Which leads to an interesting thought that has just sparked in my mind; will this have any connection to the choice of aircraft for IAC 2 eventually? This bit of speculation is predicated on some hypotheses and facts; viz. :
1. IAC 2 is heading to be a CATOBAR design.
2. IN has already studied the Rafale M and is quite impressed by the design, however has not physically evaluated it.
3. An add-on order for IN to be manufactured locally, adds meat to the 'make in India' concept considering that the TOT will get reasonably absorbed by then.

All said and done; the second part is speculative; arising out of the crystallisation of the first.

But let us see, what happens; apart from attempting to thinking ahead of the curve right now. :)

Hmmmm, @MilSpec ; now the trickle of info is increasing. So it looks like:
1. MMRCA is still on.
2. TOT and local manufacture is still on the cards.
3. the initial tranche of 36 aircraft is intended to fast-track the acquisition process.
4. Allowing more time to sort out any remaining hiccups.
5. This initial lot may even be used to control/amortise any cost-differentials arising out of setting up a new line in India.

Just my initial take on the straws in the wind, so to speak.......

Which leads to an interesting thought that has just sparked in my mind; will this have any connection to the choice of aircraft for IAC 2 eventually? This bit of speculation is predicated on some hypotheses and facts; viz. :
1. IAC 2 is heading to be a CATOBAR design.
2. IN has already studied the Rafale M and is quite impressed by the design, however has not physically evaluated it.
3. An add-on order for IN to be manufactured locally, adds meat to the 'make in India' concept considering that the TOT will get reasonably absorbed by then.

All said and done; the second part is speculative; arising out of the crystallisation of the first.

But let us see, what happens; apart from attempting to thinking ahead of the curve right now. :)

dada,
I had speculated about two years ago that DB will need twice the number of flyaway rafales to justify the business case of the amount of ToT demanded,

MMRCA deal was never dead, the mahan journalists/hacks have to resort to sensationalism but since last two years, HAL and DB both are already planning the plant layout, and material flow.

New DM's statements are nothing but pressure tactics for Capital equipment procurement's.

Apart from that, I had estimated rafales being around 150 units, it might get bumped up just like the MKI's.
Not to mention, HAL is gearing up for a mega upgrade project for the MKI's too, with an Irbis AESA, uprated engine and air frame modifications.

India to announce its intention to acquire 36 Rafale aircraft rapidly
Paris, 10th April 2015 - Dassault Aviation, which is the Indian Air Force supplier for more than 60 years, is honored of the repeated trust of the Indian Government and welcomes its intention to finalize the acquisition of 36 Rafale aircraft at conditions that will allow to meet rapidly the security needs of India.

Dassault Aviation is grateful to the Indian Authorities to be given the opportunity to pursue and extend their partnership and underlines its pride in contributing to Indian defense and sovereignty.

“Just as we are delivering the first upgraded Mirage 2000, I am delighted by the decision of the Indian Authorities which gives a new impetus to our partnership for the next decades and comes within the scope of the strategic relationship gathering France and India”, declared Eric Trappier, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation.

Rafale_India-508x600.jpg

033AFA_070523_0076-1-600x398.jpg

033AFA_070523_0098-1-600x398.jpg

dada,
I had speculated about two years ago that DB will need twice the number of flyaway rafales to justify the business case of the amount of ToT demanded,

MMRCA deal was never dead, the mahan journalists/hacks have to resort to sensationalism but since last two years, HAL and DB both are already planning the plant layout, and material flow.

New DM's statements are nothing but pressure tactics for Capital equipment procurement's.

Apart from that, I had estimated rafales being around 150 units, it might get bumped up just like the MKI's.
Not to mention, HAL is gearing up for a mega upgrade project for the MKI's too.

That is what I was getting at; in my "musings" above.... :lol:
Seriously now......Anyway the Math gets more viable when the numbers increase; which makes the IN option worth thinking about. While that is speculative; it kind of juxtaposes well with some facts. If this deal gets inked; then numbers of about 200 can get considered in tranches/phases.

That's it then

36 Rafale in fly away condition direct from france between NOW & END OF 2017

and then ink deal for license production of 108 more rafales in india as planned from 2019-2026

144 rafale FIGHTERS MMRCA nice FLEET AND HUGE UPLIFT IN CAPABILITY

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom