What's new

Dar pulls out of WB-IMF spring meetings

Your -22 negative rating….PDF ratio’ed at its finest.

Never seen a PDF member so butt hurt in my entire life here.

Begging and loans don’t run an economy. This works well for Amritsaris who were slaves to the highest bidder such as yourself, but a nation‘s economy needs a little more than that to operate.

We had someone. But alas, you Amritsaris called him a Qadiyani and ran him out of the country.

Well done bhikari.
Dude you’re obsessively quoting me and calling me butthurt lol

Whatevers

Can Dar be personally sued outside of Pakistan (once this PDM government leaves office, and Dar heads for the exit) for mismanagement and possibly false statements/breach of contracts?

if investors from overseas made deals based on promises Dar’s ministry made to them and these investors claim they were defrauded on false promises.

Dar seems to be holding the economy hostage, but hasn’t thought through the implications. Recently MNCs weren’t able to import certain supplies and made some news about it, implying there was some kind of expectation that the flow of these supplies were suppose to be uninterrupted.

NO, he can not be sued for a crime he did in Pakistan, against Pakistan.

You have to understand that people like these, who commit crimes against Pakistan
are offered refuge and sponsorship in other countries for a reason,

Have you ever thought how much money is stolen and stacked in those countries ?
they have everything to gain.

For those living in Pakistan, is there any mechanism in place to block these vermin from leaving the country should they suddenly decide to escape? Serious question! They shouldn't be allowed to escape and that includes the top brass generals too!

In a major development, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has cancelled his visit to the United States where he was scheduled to meet the International Monetary Fund management for the removal of bottlenecks in the way of the staff-level agreement regarding the revival of the stalled bailout package.

Highly placed sources told The Express Tribune that Dar would not attend the spring meetings of the World Bank-IMF that were taking place from April 10 to 16 in Washington. Dar, who is also leader of the house in Senate, was planning to land in Washington on Sunday.

“I am not going due to the domestic state of affairs,” the finance minister confirmed to The Express Tribune on Thursday.

The deepening political uncertainty and developing judicial crisis were said to be the reasons behind the cancellation of the trip to Washington. Dar had a plan to address the financial and political worlds’ concerns regarding the continuity of the government, future economic plans and bridging the once again trust deficit with the multilateral lenders.

The sources said that Minister for Economic Affairs Sardar Ayaz Sadiq would also not go to the United States due to the prevailing uncertain political conditions. The economic affairs minister always represented Pakistan at the World Bank. Ayaz was considered very close to Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and also handled the political affairs of the allied parties.

The finance minister’s decision to pull out might also lead to cancellation of meetings with his Saudi Arabia counterpart, and the UK state minister for development.

Finance Secretary Hamed Yaqoob Sheikh and Economic Affairs Secretary Kazim Niaz would represent the government at the WB-IMF spring meetings.

A secretary was considered equal to a deputy minister and they might still be able to meet some of the high-ranking foreign officials.

Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Finance Tariq Bajwa might replace Dar. However, the sources said that due to diplomatic protocol issues, the PM’s special assistant was lower in rank and might not be able to meet with the presidents of various multilateral institutions and finance ministers of different countries.

Dar had scheduled meetings with the presidents of WB, Asian Development Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – the three multilateral creditors that were very crucial for Pakistan’s plans to raise $6 billion in additional loans to meet the last IMF condition.

Dar had a confirmed meeting with IMF Deputy Managing Director Antoinette Monsio Sayeh next Thursday but Managing Director Ms Kristalina Georgieva did not give time for the meeting.

In a conversation with The Express Tribune on Thursday, IMF Resident Representative Esther Perez said, “The Pakistan delegation will have a high-level meeting during the spring meetings with IMF’s deputy managing director Ms Sayeh, who follows Pakistan closely.”

Dar was scheduled to begin his trip with an opening meeting with the IMF’s Mission Chief to Pakistan, Nathan Porter, on Monday. The meeting was crucial since Pakistan and the IMF were no more actively negotiating after the government’s sudden fiscally irresponsible move of announcing petrol subsidies.

Although the government claimed that the petrol subsidy would not affect the budget, the plan did not apparently guarantee that.

The sources said that Janet Yellen, the treasury secretary, also had not given an appointment, nor did Waly Adeyemo, the treasury deputy secretary.

Similarly, Samantha Power, the USAID administrator, was also not available for the meeting but a meeting had been scheduled with the assistant administrator of the USAID to South Asia.

Jihad Azour, the director of Middle East and Central Asia Department of the IMF, was also scheduled to meet the finance minister.

The sources said that a meeting had also been planned with the IMF fiscal affairs department aimed at discussing issues like a whopping Rs276 billion shortfall in tax collection during the first nine months of the fiscal year.

The finance minister was also set to meet with the representatives of the three international credit rating agencies that had downgraded Pakistan, which had temporarily closed down the doors for borrowings from international capital markets.

The finance ministry had also lined up meetings with the representatives of the foreign commercial banks aimed at convincing them to provide commercial loans to meet the external financing requirements.

Some of these meetings might still take place.

Are they planning to quit ? Why else would they make such a huge mess by embarrassing so many people ? IMF , WB and even Saudis... Was Saudi assistance of 2 billion another fake news ?

PDM looks in a bind. Completely bamboozled. The economy completely wrecked in just a year. Such incompetence and failure. Unseen and unheard.

Obviously

Elections in a month. PDM isn’t going to get loans for upcoming PTI government to enjoy.

Sad news for Pakistanis, inflation is going to get worse
Elections are in October
That's one and half years of PDM govt and another 3 months of care taker

May be we should abolish this system and make maryum Nawaz your Queen or do you prefer ⛽ Diesel

Next budget military spending will be cut for sure .hope they cut defense budget to half
Why?
In 1990 military budget was much larger proportion then it is today

Development funding will be cut

NO, he can not be sued for a crime he did in Pakistan, against Pakistan.

You have to understand that people like these, who commit crimes against Pakistan
are offered refuge and sponsorship in other countries for a reason,

Have you ever thought how much money is stolen and stacked in those countries ?
they have everything to gain.

I’m explaining this to many here. You’re going after the puppets and not the puppeteers. Sure, kill the puppets to make it harder for the grandmaster to play his game, but that’s not going to happen due to the sheer laziness, incompetency, and cowardly in this society.

The IMF WB cancelled the meeting probably because Dar did not keep his end of the bargain.

This is just a face saving newspiece, saying Dar pulled out of the meeting. The bastard Dar is a liar.

Dar probably has alot of pressure from the military inc, as no deal means slashing of the defense budget. Hope it happens. The defense budget needs to be cut by 30% in Rs terms.

The only reason Americans have imposed this corrupt lot on Pakistan is to ensure
we don't develop an independent policy that suits us,
Your FM has pulled out of World Bank and IMF meet.

How much more Independence could you ask for?

Elections are in October
That's one and half years of PDM govt and another 3 months of care taker

May be we should abolish this system and make maryum Nawaz your Queen or do you prefer ⛽ Diesel
You don’t have to quote me with your disgusting language

Hypocrite

Not long ago you were talking Islam and now in the month of Ramadan your tongue is still vulgar and dirty.

Just consider me banned and don’t quote me. Thanks

You don’t have to quote me with your disgusting language

Hypocrite

Not long ago you were talking Islam and now in the month of Ramadan your tongue is still vulgar and dirty.

Just consider me banned and don’t quote me. Thanks
Why are you quoting me.
Don't quote me

Back
Top Bottom