What's new

Daniel Streich Embraces Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man in question was long gone before the SVP made the proposal to ban new minarets. He stepped down from being the chairman of a local department of the party years before the referendum about minarets. He also converted long before the referendum took place. He was not well-known, but a local politician who wasn't active anymore for the party at the time of the referendum. And he had nothing to do with the the making of the minaret ban.

The only thing true is that he converted to Islam at one point, and this is hardly news. Because freedom of religion is so basic in Europe, that ordinary conversions do no appear in the paper.
If this was however a Muslim in an unspecified Islamic state and he converted to Christianity, then he would have rightfully made the headlines. Getting lynched by a mob or being beheaded by the state would certainly be something newsworthy.

If only Muslims knew the real Islam in the Qur'an. Islam focuses on socio-economic justice and peace throughout the world. We have been made to believe so many things by the "clerics" that have absolutely nothing to do with the Islam in the Qur'an. Interestingly and ironically, God harshly condemns and criticizes "clerics" in the Qur'an. They are sometimes portrayed as the most evil people and hypocrites.

Thanks for sharing.

No one forced Daniel Streich to accept Islam. He did it on his own free will.

Now where are those people on the forum that lie when they say that non muslims are forced to embrace Islam.

You are very strong logically.

Daniel Streich Embraces Islam

daniel-300x194.jpg

The Swiss politician Daniel Streich, who rose to fame as a result of his opposition to mosques in his homeland, has now embraced the faith he reviled.

Daniel Streich was a member of then Swiss People’s Party (SVP) in Switzerland. A well-known politician, Streich led the calls for a ban on minarets across Switzerland. He was active in building anti-Muslim sentiments throughout Switzerland. This sustained campaign led to him being given a high ranking position in the Swiss Army.

Perhaps Allah will put, between you and those to whom you have been enemies among them, affection. And Allah is competent, and Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Surah Al-Mumtahina [60:7]With the party’s campaign to ban minarets leading to a referendum, Streich said the situation had become unbearable for him.

Switzerland Minaret Ban and Daniel Streich

In the lead up to the ban Streich said “If the initiative passes, it will be an absolute deep blow for me. I would have to ask myself, why I applied myself professionally and politically for over 30 years for this political system. It is not worthy of Switzerland to force Muslims to practice their faith in back alleys.”

Streich is a military instructor in the Swiss army and was said to be a committed Christian reading the Bible and attending Church regularly.

He was also committed to his party (SVP) and stood as a local politician in the commune of Bulle.

Daniel Streich Conversion to Islam

Streich attempted to understand the Qur’an and Islamic teachings in order to argue against Muslims on tenets of their faith. In the course of his efforts the ex-Christian began to agree with and acknowledge the proclamations of the Qur’an.

“Islam offers me logical answers to important life questions, which, in the end, I never found in Christianity,” says Streich. He is now a committed Muslim, who attends the mosque, recites the Qur’an and prays five times a day.

Post-Conversion Life for Daniel Streich

Streich has now focused his intentions on participating in the building of the new Conservative Democratic Party in the canton of Freiburg. Freich’s new movement is in contrast to his previous one and he aims to promote religious tolerance and peaceful cooperative living, in spite of the fact that ban on mosques minarets has gained a legal status.

He is vehemently opposed to the Minaret ban and is hoping to establish Switzerland’s fifth mosque and the most beautiful in Europe.

Meanwhile the SUV have raised concerns over Streich’s position as Military Commander in the Army in the aftermath of his conversion citing him as a security risk. SVP-National Council member Alfred Heer cited the Fort Hood shooting spree as an example.

Link please.. I cannot find the news anywhere else.
I thought religious topics are banned. Why is this news important on a defense website?

Why don't we read news of muslims getting converted to other faiths?
oooh yeah.. if they do, they get killed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom