What's new

'Dana pe Dana' Song: Baluchi Translation?

Meengla

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is a wonderful song; actually, two songs ('Dana pe Dana' and 'Damadam Must Qalandar') into one. Both are wonderfully performed.
If anyone knows Baluchi language then an approximate translation would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a wonderful song; actually, two songs ('Dana pe Dana' and 'Damadam Must Qalandar') into one. Both are wonderfully performed.
If anyone knows Baluchi language then an approximate translation would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have proxy so I am unable to watch this video. But I've already heard this song and love it. Great Pakistani songs :pakistan:
Better than indian songs :sick:

Thanks all, especially @Armstrong for the translated version; that makes it even more enjoyable!

Here is a hidden gem version of this song--which celebrates the ethnic diversity of the beautiful people of Pakistan. Not many countries can boast so many ethnic groups in so significant numbers each. I mean from people of African origin to the whitest of whites to mongoloid ones and many in between. All free in their own communities.

Even my American wife likes this song a lot but now thinks I listen to it too much. She is also perplexed that mountain ('Koh e Suleiman' mentioned in this song) is named after the Biblical Prophet Solomon in Pakistan!

@Meengla

Did you play her the 'original faqeer and M.Ali shehki' version?

Even my American wife likes this song a lot but now thinks I listen to it too much. She is also perplexed that mountain ('Koh e Suleiman' mentioned in this song) is named after the Biblical Prophet Solomon in Pakistan!

Dude - "Dane pe Dana" was very famous song even in Punjab despite nobody knew the meaning, We used to tease our Rajpoot class fallow by singing Rane pe Rana :omghaha: Thanks for sharing

Dude - "Dane pe Dana" was very famous song even in Punjab despite nobody knew the meaning, We used to tease our Rajpoot class fallow by singing Rane pe Rana :omghaha: Thanks for sharing

Hahahaha wow what a co incidence, we did it with our rana friend too.

@Aeronaut, unfortunately Allan Faqeer's beard makes my wife thinks of him like Bin Laden! Ok, almost like that. Strange brain washing goes on in America. No kidding.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

@Meengla

Tell her that, alan faqeer's beard looks similar to that of Ibraham Lincon's. :D

@Aeronaut: She is a true Southerner and so Lincoln is no good--with or without the beard. Perhaps General Robert E. Lee would be more appropriate for the beard reference :)

Anyway, I have also found an HD version of this song. It is truly amazing quality. I think, while the whole video is excellent, the track between minute 7 and 8 is simply one of the best in all music experiences in my book. Here is the HD version. ***There is a 'CC' button for lyrics***--not sure if the Lyrics/translation from @Armstrong version above is the correct or the better one than this one.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom