Dalai Lama told to stop separatist activities

aimarraul

Reaction score
Dalai Lama told to stop separatist activities
By Ai Yang and Li Xiaokun (China Daily)
Updated: 2010-03-12 07:37
Comments(2) PrintMail
Large Medium Small

BEIJING - China on Thursday called on the Dalai Lama to stop indulging in separatist activities and create conducive conditions for talks with the government.

"The Dalai distorts the true situation in Tibet. He attacks and insults the central government's policies on Tibet to trumpet his separatist claims of independence or semi-independence," Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said during a regular news conference in Beijing on Thursday.

The Dalai Lama had accused the Chinese government of putting "the monks and nuns (of Tibet) in prison-like conditions", and deliberately "annihilating Buddhism" during an address to mark the 51st anniversary of his exile, in the northern Indian hill town of Dharamshala, on Wednesday.

The Dalai Lama had on March 10, 1959 fled the country after an armed rebellion to separate Tibet from China was foiled. The Dalai Lama also referred to China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region as "East Turkestan", the name given to it by separatists.

"This exposes and proves his intent of splitting up China and wrecking ethnic unity," Qin said. No country in the world recognizes Tibet Autonomous Region as an independent nation, nor do they acknowledge the "exiled government", he said. Qin also praised India for its efforts to ban anti-China movements in the country.

The Dalai Lama's address came just four days before the second anniversary of the March 14 Lhasa riots in 2008 which left 19 dead and injured over 400 people. Lhasa's Vice-Mayor Jigme Namgyal told China Daily Wednesday that the Dalai Lama was "a separatist who uses religion as a cloak" to conceal his intentions.

"They (Tibetans in exile) are just a small group of people attempting to create a dramatic effect in the international arena as well as in Lhasa. They must be thinking about inciting more trouble this year as the anniversary approaches, but I don't think they will succeed."

Namgyal also refuted the Dalai Lama's claim about the condition of Buddhists in Tibet, and said Tibetans were now more focused on their quality of life. "The people in Tibet have put much effort on improving the quality of their lives and I don't think there's any problem in this matter."

"The Dalai Lama cannot decide the future of Tibet; that right is in the hands of Chinese people including Tibetans. The so-called "annihilation of Buddhism" is an audacious lie. The government does not interfere with people's beliefs as long as they are legal. It has never stopped Tibetans from their religious practices and has actually provided lots of conveniences. For example, when there are big religious festivals, the government provides funding and helps in other ways," the vice-mayor added.

Over the year, the central government has done much to ensure a better life. According to Xinhua News Agency, more than 6 billion yuan ($878 million) was invested for environmental protection efforts in Tibet over the past eight years, while another 9.8 billion yuan was approved over the weekend for an environmental protection program.

The local illiteracy rate has dropped from 98 percent 50 years ago to the current 2.4 percent. Local schools teach both Tibetan and Chinese.

"There are over 1,700 places of religious worship in Tibet and a total of 460,000 monks and nuns. The need for prayer and religious activity is fully met. All the monks and nuns over the age of 60 are also included in our social welfare system," Padma Choling, Tibet's governor, told Xinhua.

Cheng Guangjin contributed to the story

But India will not allow Dalai Lama to create a rebel force to separate tibet from India... China very well knows that... and Dalai lama Is Kept as an honored guest of Ours.. He is not trying to separate Tibet from china.... Why would He???

Last time i read Dalai Lama has already accepted chinese rule over Tibet so what is the fuss all about? Let there be peace and chinese should accept him as a religious leader within the confinement of law of the land.

Last time i read Dalai Lama has already accepted chinese rule over Tibet so what is the fuss all about? Let there be peace and chinese should accept him as a religious leader within the confinement of law of the land.

don't worry ,the next dalai with help panchen benefit our tibetan brother,they will both live in china,and none of them will be forced to said that the place where dalai borned belongs to i%$^....and New Delhi will still be 400 miles away from china.also the current dalai should accept that the feudal day is gone,if he don't seize the remaining time to make up for his misdeed ,his name will be remenber as a splittist forever

don't worry ,the next dalai with help panchen benefit our tibetan brother,they will both living in china,and none of them will be forced to said that the place where dalai borned belongs to i%$^....and New Delhi will still be 400 miles away from china.also the current dalai should accept that the feudal day is gone,if he don't seize the remaining time to make up for his misdeed ,his name will be always remenber as a splittist

So what are the unjustified demands of Dalai Lama which are not acceptable to chinese. he just wants more autonomy and as told to me by other chinese member which is already given...

And regarding the new panchem lama i heard somewhere people are not accepting him and want to choose their own. will it be justified to enforce someone on the masses.

So what are the unjustified demands of Dalai Lama which are not acceptable to chinese. he just wants more autonomy and as told to me by other chinese member which is already given...

And regarding the new panchem lama i heard somewhere people are not accepting him and want to choose their own. will it be justified to enforce someone on the masses.

people free to choose 15th dalai..... or 11th panchen.......

people free to choose 15th dalai..... or 11th panchen.......

So what is the problem with that? after all the government is for the welfare and wishful thinking of the people. if people want it let them have it... what is the problem with the chinese over that.

So what is the problem with that? after all the government is for the welfare and wishful thinking of the people. if people want it let them have it... what is the problem with the chinese over that.

no problem,chinese glad to see it.it's the 14th dalai and the govt surpported his separatist activities will have problem....

no problem,chinese glad to see it.it's the 14th dalai and the govt surpported his separatist activities will have problem....

and what are those. he has already accepted that tibet is part of china... so what is the fight for now? govenment is ready for autonomy and choosing for the dalai and panchem so what the hell is fight for?

and what are those. he has already accepted that tibet is part of china... so what is the fight for now? govenment is ready for autonomy and choosing for the dalai and panchem so what the hell is fight for?

fight for truth and payback. as for panchen,now he have to fight because someone couldn't spell his name right

I am sorry but i really doubt that people fighting against Dalai Lama and those who are fighting with him actually know what they are fighting for in the first place. its like firing arrows in the darkness

but what is the point? this is just waste of resources time and false ego nothing more than that.

agree,some people are still holding their naive fantasy and wasting resources to surpport a dying person ,i'd like to suggest them use those resources to pacify millions of separatists around their own country

agree,some people are still holding their naive fantasy and wasting resources to surpport a dying person ,i'd like to suggest them use those resources to pacify millions of separatists around their own country

why u going round and round.....

whats the support all about. he dont want independent tibet. he wants autonomy you gave. so whats the point. it would be better if you can first try and understand the issue then come up with something which you dont have any idea.

and lol what we are doing we are just giving sheltor to a old man considered holy by many from a communist regime whose population dont even know why they want him dead apart from the feed propaganda that he wants independent Tibet

why u going round and round.....

whats the support all about. he dont want independent tibet. he wants autonomy you gave. so whats the point. it would be better if you can first try and understand the issue then come up with something which you dont have any idea.

and lol what we are doing we are just giving sheltor to a old man considered holy by many from a communist regime whose population dont even know why they want him dead apart from the feed propaganda that he wants independent Tibet

he is dying,it's a matter of fact.......tibet is an autonomous region since 1965,can you please tell me what the hell he want over the last 45 years?an autonomous "feudal" world he is missing......or he was just being forced to want something because he got a "sheltor" from a govt,and this govt "happens" to have territorial disputes with china and been kicked very hard by china after their 3 year "forward policy" failed..... i don't think you guys know anything about tibet ,you can't even spell panchen's name right.....it looks like people from communist regime are more close to the truth.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom