What's new

Dalai Lama says his successor may be found in India: Reuters

16 minutes ago

The Dalai Lama, who is the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism, on Monday said it was possible his successor could be found in India after his death, Reuters reported. The Dalai Lama warned that a successor chosen by China would not be respected.

The 14th Dalai Lama spoke to the news agency a day after Tibetans in Himachal Pradesh’s Dharamshala marked the anniversary of the Dalai Lama’s escape from Tibet’s capital of Lhasa in 1959. He fled to India during the Tibetan uprising against Chinese rule and has since called for linguistic and cultural autonomy in Tibet.

“China considers Dalai Lama’s reincarnation as something very important,” the Dalai Lama said. “They have more concern about the next Dalai Lama than me. In future, in case you see two Dalai Lamas come, one from here, in free country, one chosen by Chinese, then nobody will trust, nobody will respect [the one chosen by China]. So that’s an additional problem for the Chinese! It’s possible, it can happen.”

According to Tibetan tradition, the Dalai Lama reincarnates after his death – and the new person is appointed his successor. China, however, claims it has the authority to decide who succeeds the religious leader. China considers the 14th Dalai Lama to be a separatist promoting an independent Tibetan state.

The Dalai Lama said contact between Tibetans living in their homeland and in exile was increasing. He, however, added that there have been no formal meetings between China and his officials since 2010.

He said the role of the Dalai Lama following his death, including whether to continue having it, could be discussed during a meeting of Tibetan Buddhists in India later this year. “If the majority of [Tibetan people] really want to keep this institution, then this institution will remain,” he said. “Then comes the question of the reincarnation of the 15th Dalai Lama.”

The Dalai Lama said he was not expecting to go to China while it remained under Communist rule. “China – great nation, ancient nation – but its political system is totalitarian system, no freedom,” he said. “So therefore I prefer to remain here, in this country.”

https://scroll.in/latest/917109/dalai-lama-says-his-successor-may-be-found-in-india-reuters

The Chinese government gets to decide who would be the Dalai Lama's 'reincarnation'- not the present Dalai Lama himself.

The Chinese government gets to decide who would be the Archpriest leading Chinese Catholics- not the Pope.

The Chinese government gets to decide what Chinese Sunni Muslim students can learn in their religious schools- not Al-Azhar university.

it is so sad....the pakistani's are forced to support chinese communist party's every move.....because of money..

thenn againn.....pakistan used to do this for us when we gave them money........ :)
What "us" are you talking about Mr. HINDOO.
I guess you are returning to HINDOO homeland for the freedom to RAPE and SHIT OPENLY.

lols this guy is a joke! no disrespect to his follower but he is becoming a tool!

the problem with you is that you are focused on the irreverent part of my comment.
Its not irreverent.
As far as the Western MSM is concerned, the CIA are the Good Guys.
Anyone working for the Good Guy, the CIA is of course a Good Guy.
And the CIA main job is to instigate, demonize and destabilize the BAD Guys according to the US.
The Dalai Lama is doing a good job for the CIA.

What "us" are you talking about Mr. HINDOO.
I guess you are returning to HINDOO homeland for the freedom to RAPE and SHIT OPENLY.

gosh man....ye are so mean ....lol ....gotto play nice to us...its our tax money thats keepin ye afloat :D

Nah mate i just pay to get some pakistani Punani ...annd MMMmmm damn its fine.

..they are really flexible...gotta give em dat :p

was rather surprised to see the number of hoe's the from the land of the pure in dubai tho :p

[ they sure do love em dark meat ...*wink*..true story :) ]

16 minutes ago

The Dalai Lama, who is the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism, on Monday said it was possible his successor could be found in India after his death, Reuters reported. The Dalai Lama warned that a successor chosen by China would not be respected.

The 14th Dalai Lama spoke to the news agency a day after Tibetans in Himachal Pradesh’s Dharamshala marked the anniversary of the Dalai Lama’s escape from Tibet’s capital of Lhasa in 1959. He fled to India during the Tibetan uprising against Chinese rule and has since called for linguistic and cultural autonomy in Tibet.

“China considers Dalai Lama’s reincarnation as something very important,” the Dalai Lama said. “They have more concern about the next Dalai Lama than me. In future, in case you see two Dalai Lamas come, one from here, in free country, one chosen by Chinese, then nobody will trust, nobody will respect [the one chosen by China]. So that’s an additional problem for the Chinese! It’s possible, it can happen.”

According to Tibetan tradition, the Dalai Lama reincarnates after his death – and the new person is appointed his successor. China, however, claims it has the authority to decide who succeeds the religious leader. China considers the 14th Dalai Lama to be a separatist promoting an independent Tibetan state.

The Dalai Lama said contact between Tibetans living in their homeland and in exile was increasing. He, however, added that there have been no formal meetings between China and his officials since 2010.

He said the role of the Dalai Lama following his death, including whether to continue having it, could be discussed during a meeting of Tibetan Buddhists in India later this year. “If the majority of [Tibetan people] really want to keep this institution, then this institution will remain,” he said. “Then comes the question of the reincarnation of the 15th Dalai Lama.”

The Dalai Lama said he was not expecting to go to China while it remained under Communist rule. “China – great nation, ancient nation – but its political system is totalitarian system, no freedom,” he said. “So therefore I prefer to remain here, in this country.”

https://scroll.in/latest/917109/dalai-lama-says-his-successor-may-be-found-in-india-reuters

Must read this book.

This fact needs no proof that both Endia and U.S are meddling in the affairs of China.

it is so sad....the pakistani's are forced to support chinese communist party's every move.....because of money..

thenn againn.....pakistan used to do this for us when we gave them money........ :)
India have a trade deficit of billions of dollars with china and still we pissed all over your face this is even more sad:(

I know RIGHT.......

so what did china do ??

What is CHina doing to ugyir muslims ??? :D

pakistani posters seem to have selective amnesia when it comes to protecting the muslim Ummah :p

So you are saying Indian Kashmir are not Muslim? Do Pakistan has the ability to protect the all Muslim? Care to answer me?

And you can answer me shall Pakistan also show concern to Kurds Muslim?

Back
Top Bottom