What's new

DAE annual report 2016: Do we have tactical low-yield nuclear weapons?

Kinetic

BANNED
Reaction score
Do we have tactical low-yield nuclear weapons? I don't know if it will add any capability to our arsenal but seems like Pakistan now a days talk a lot about it.

Our nuclear program is one of the most advanced one in the world. The following report indicates our technical capabilities and advancement in this field. From fast breeder reactor, fission demonstration, from ITER to three stage program based on Th and others.

http://dae.nic.in/writereaddata/areport/ar1516.pdf

I would not be surprised if we have developed it long time back and not revealed because of our policy. :D

Never reveal your military/nuclear capabilities. Rememeber Osa Class missile Boats 1971 ?

The existence of Killer squadron was hidden once it created history in 1971 war, so i am not surprise if that policy has been changed over the years.

Last edited:
Never reveal your military/nuclear capabilities. Rememeber Osa Class missile Boats 1971 ?

The existence of Killer squadron was hidden once it created history in 1971 war, so i am not surprise if that police has been changed over the years.

Correct. After all these high end research anyone would be surprised if we do not posses them.

Do we have tactical low-yield nuclear weapons? I don't know if it will add any capability to our arsenal but seems like Pakistan now a days talk a lot about it.

Our nuclear program is one of the most advanced one in the world. The following report indicates our technical capabilities and advancement in this field. From fast breeder reactor, fission demonstration, from ITER to three stage program based on Th and others.

http://dae.nic.in/writereaddata/areport/ar1516.pdf

I would not be surprised if we have developed it long time back and not revealed because of our policy. :D
Yes we do we have tested it in pokhran 1999.It Already revealed in Public Domain

On 13 May 1998 , at 12.21 p.m.IST 6:51 UTC, two sub-kiloton devices (Shakti IV and V) were detonated. Due to their very low yield, these explosions were not detected by any seismic station
  • Shakti IV- A 0.5 kt experimental device.
  • Shakti V – A 0.2 kt experimental device.

RV-and-nuclear-warheads-opt.jpg

FieldProvenHighConfidenceWpns-DRDOM.jpg

To Understand you should go through
India's Nuclear weapons tests announced by then Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee [1998.05.11]
"Today at 15:45 hours India conducted three Nuclear Test in Pokhran range these tested today are A Fission device,A Low yield Device,A thermonuclear device"

Last edited:
I am not talking about multiple megaton thermonuclear weapons, we possessed them decades earlier but about small yield tactical nuclear weapons like in 0.1 kt etc.
Yes We Do Go through My Earlier Post Look at the Indian RV Developments

Specially RV MK-4,5 For TN FBF & Small BF Weapons
Also,RV MK-4,5,6 Developed For Shaurya Missiles

What are Pakistan's low yeild nuclear weapons in kt?
There Nothing About It on Public Domain As Usual or There is No Record That They are Ever Tested them All we Know is Just Theory and What we get From Blogs and Write-ups There is No Data Available or Published Papers that they Actually Posses Such Capability

Last edited:
There Nothing About It on Public Domain As Usual or There is No Record That They are Ever Tested them All we Know is Just Theory and What we get From Blogs and Write-ups There is No Data Available or Published Papers that they Actually Posses Such Capability

Great source indeed!

lol what a coincidence, we going to have two tests of Prahaar tactical missiles in couple of days. :d

I think we detonated a u233 based subkiloton nuke in 1999. Asper me this was a guge achievment, since u233 (very diccicult to make)is derived from thorium based breeder reactors and we were blessed with huge deposits of natural thorium.

We do have TNW's but we are not that insecure that we need to display them publicly

The existence of Killer squadron was hidden once it created history in 1971 war, so i am not surprise if that policy has been changed over the years.

Correct me if I am wrong, but how would Nuclear weapons act as a deterrent if we don't reveal them to our enemy

Correct me if I am wrong, but how would Nuclear weapons act as a deterrent if we don't reveal them to our enemy

We can reveal large weapons like 1 MT thermonuclear weapons but not small 0.1 KT tactical weapons. That should be a surprise for enemy.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom