Cyber Crime Bill

Yazp

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This bill has been approved in the NA. I call complete bull****
0643C2P.jpg

What the Bill entails

- In Sections 17 and 18, political criticism and political expression in the form of analysis, commentary, blogs and cartoons, caricatures, memes, has been criminalised.

- As per Section 19, any person who tests system security will be an offender

- As per section 20, ‘obscene’ or ‘immoral’ messages on Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms, have been made offenses without defining obscenity or immorality; thus, giving sweeping powers to investigating agencies to implicate anyone on these charges.

- Section 20 also states posting of photographs of any person on Facebook or Instagram, without their permission is an offence.

- Under Section 21, sending an email or message without the recipient’s permission will become an offence.

- In Section 26, the definition of ISPs and telcos has been expanded to now include any place that offers the public access to internet, i.e. restaurants, malls, hotels, offices, airports, stations.

- Section 31 gives the government/PTA unfettered powers to block access or remove speech not only on the internet but transmitted through any device, limiting the media’s freedom and citizens’ right to expression.

I'm now a criminal in Pakistan because of the meme I posted. Round 1:Pakistani Internet versus PTA. Go!
I made a template for you guys. Anusha Rehman123 | Meme Generator
I will post this meme on my page as a protest against this bull**** "Bill".

we too had that... before our supreme court scrapped it.... you people should go to your supreme court....

WTH? Since when is it a democratic crime to criticize the bloody govt...There I just did it! Now what? :pop:

This bill has been approved in the NA. I call complete bull****
0643C2P.jpg

What the Bill entails

- In Sections 17 and 18, political criticism and political expression in the form of analysis, commentary, blogs and cartoons, caricatures, memes, has been criminalised.

- As per Section 19, any person who tests system security will be an offender

- As per section 20, ‘obscene’ or ‘immoral’ messages on Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms, have been made offenses without defining obscenity or immorality; thus, giving sweeping powers to investigating agencies to implicate anyone on these charges.

- Section 20 also states posting of photographs of any person on Facebook or Instagram, without their permission is an offence.

- Under Section 21, sending an email or message without the recipient’s permission will become an offence.

- In Section 26, the definition of ISPs and telcos has been expanded to now include any place that offers the public access to internet, i.e. restaurants, malls, hotels, offices, airports, stations.

- Section 31 gives the government/PTA unfettered powers to block access or remove speech not only on the internet but transmitted through any device, limiting the media’s freedom and citizens’ right to expression.

I'm now a criminal in Pakistan because of the meme I posted. Round 1:Pakistani Internet versus PTA. Go!
I made a template for you guys. Anusha Rehman123 | Meme Generator
I will post this meme on my page as a protest against this bull**** "Bill".
Is this an acceptable use of taxpayer money? PTI-PAT sit-ins: Govt ploughed Rs450m into media blitz - The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom