What's new

CWG: Swimmer calls Indian spectators monkeys

:) as T-Faz said we should keep the religion out of it so no more posts from my side on that.

But since you are so much ignorant about Muslims and our faith so therefore let me reply this last post here on this issue.

Please educate yourself about Islam because pig is haram and considered a DIRT.Y animal. Nowhere in the world Muslims consider it sacred.

Hope you educate yourself before you speak next time.

Even you should educate yourself on Hinduism. Hindus believe god is in everyone and everything. Everything is scared for a hindu from rocks to living things to the cosmic energies. God is everything and everything is God.

Therefore, your comment saying we should be okay with others calling us monkey is rather ignorant.

MAN this is classic!!!!!!!!
the background chants nearly lesd them to be disqualified, hahahaha

Even you should educate yourself on Hinduism. Hindus believe god is in everyone and everything. Everything is scared for a hindu from rocks to living things to the cosmic energies. God is everything and everything is God.

Therefore, your comment saying we should be okay with others calling us monkey is rather ignorant.

That's new discovery for me!!!!
thanks for updating.

Just to clarify, the reason these Grandmasters can do such things is because they recognize the patterns in chess, and because of that, they don't have to think too hard about each game since they can recognize the patterns so quickly. Obviously, it's still pretty impressive, but it doesn't have to do much with concentration as it does with being able to recognize the patterns.

On topic, I've heard rumors of Australian racism, but the British aren't known for racism, not in the modern day. Even in older times, during colonialism, Great Britain wasn't too bad. The colonies were, but not the home nation. Remember, Quaid-e-Azam went to England for his education.

Australia is another story, though.

Last edited:
Seriously, let people say what ever they want. Why do people care? Dont take them seriously. How many threads like this going to open?

yaar some people cant digest the fact commonwealth is being held in india and india is in 2nd spot in medals tally.

CWG: Swimmer calls Indian spectators monkeys ? Sulekha News

Melbourne, Oct 9 (IANS) A swimmer participating in the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi has accused Indian spectators of acting like 'monkeys'.

South African swimmer Roland Schoeman Friday night also called the Games a 'joke'.

'Its an absolute disgrace. There's a guy in the stands just shouting, shouting, shouting. Somebody like that needs to be ejected,' Daily Telegraph quoted Schoeman as saying.

'It's unacceptable to be at a professional event like this and have people going on like monkeys. Someone like that doesn't deserve to be here,' Schoeman said.

'It's a joke. It's an absolute joke this event.'

Schoeman spoke out after narrowly avoiding being disqualified when he and England's Simon Burnett had a false start when they heard a noise in the stand at the second semi-finals for the men's 50m freestyle.

Officials, however, did not disqualify them.

Schoeman later said: 'I'm experienced enough not to make a stupid blunder like that.'

The term 'monkey' has taken on new meaning in recent years, with Indian cricketers sledging Australia's Andrew Symonds with taunts during Australia's 2007 tour of India.

'Monkey-gate' then returned when India toured Australia the following summer, with Symonds alleging that spin bowler Harbhajan Singh had called him a 'monkey' in Sydney

Given that this guy is from South Africa and South Africa's history of Apartheid, I wonder how it would be received if he said the same thing about a black crowd in his home country (or would he just use a better choice of words)?

Though it seems a little petty of the sportsmen to blame the audience for their mistakes, I do think the audience behaving like hooligans would have an impact on the players. especially for sports like archery and shooting. Imagine someone screaming when you are aiming. Our people have to be educated about it. If someone is misbehaving, he or she should be ejected out of the event. That said, Australians have been troublesome where ever they are. They have been the most verbally abusive and intolerant bunch.

as an athlere you must be prepared for this and psychologically strong to withstand this kind of pressure. if his performance was affected because of indians supporting their team then he need to consult his teams psychologist

as an athlere you must be prepared for this and psychologically strong to withstand this kind of pressure. if his performance was affected because of indians supporting their team then he need to consult his teams psychologist

Hi, I think his psychologist may not find any thing wrong with him.
It seems to me more a case of clash of two world apart psychologies.

Hi, I think his psychologist may not find any thing wrong with him.
It seems to me more a case of clash of two world apart psychologies.

and there was this guy saying europeans are better organised and can beat india in military.. lol...whats gonna happen to them when they hear "bolay so nihal" battle cry of sikh regiment...

and there was this guy saying europeans are better organised and can beat india in military.. lol...whats gonna happen to them when they hear "bolay so nihal" battle cry of sikh regiment...

If Sikh regiment is embedded in the spectators than i would not recommend them to expose them self and consider the reaction of athlete as siren of war and jump in with 'bolay so nihal'

BTW, I don't know who was that stupid guy who said Europeans are more organised than India ....

If Sikh regiment is embedded in the spectators than i would not recommend them to expose them self and consider the reaction of athlete as siren of war and jump in with 'bolay so nihal'

BTW, I don't know who was that stupid guy who said Europeans are more organised than India ....

lol..good one:rofl:

He must be reminded about the FIFA World Cup issues in South Africa *cough* Vuvuzela *cough*.

Back
Top Bottom