What's new

CWG: Swimmer calls Indian spectators monkeys

Dude some asians takes pride in showing other asians down like the thread opener who have identity crisis. Then how can we blame westerners ?

i have a few problems with your post

thread starter merely did as implied --started the thread. It was indian news that picked up the news story and reported it. So no need to talk about ''identity crisis'' when you dont even know the messenger

second of all, while i do agree that it wasn't the most ''tasteful'' comment, I fail to see where he implied that ALL hindustan people are monkeys. He was merely using a metaphor to describe the people who were shouting and wailing away in the audience stand

i think people are being a bit overly sensitive, emotional and reactionary here.....never a good thing in practice :)

You cannot have a person to like people from every culture. Everyone has likes and dislikes about other cultures and ethnicities. But one should keep it to themselves rather than letting the world know that you are a bigot.

I mean what the hell was this guy thinking.

second of all, while i do agree that it wasn't the most ''tasteful'' comment, I fail to see where he implied that ALL hindustan people are monkeys. He was merely using a metaphor to describe the people who were shouting and wailing away in the audience stand

i think people are being a bit overly sensitive, emotional and reactionary here.....never a good thing in practice :)

It depends on how you read the news. Some people would think it is racist while you think that the athlete was just talking about the people in the audience. Only the athlete himself would know what he exactly meant.

Point being, people should be very careful of things they say when talking to the media.

Back
Top Bottom