What's new

CWG: Swimmer calls Indian spectators monkeys

Molawchai

BANNED
Reaction score
CWG: Swimmer calls Indian spectators monkeys ? Sulekha News

Melbourne, Oct 9 (IANS) A swimmer participating in the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi has accused Indian spectators of acting like 'monkeys'.

South African swimmer Roland Schoeman Friday night also called the Games a 'joke'.

'Its an absolute disgrace. There's a guy in the stands just shouting, shouting, shouting. Somebody like that needs to be ejected,' Daily Telegraph quoted Schoeman as saying.

'It's unacceptable to be at a professional event like this and have people going on like monkeys. Someone like that doesn't deserve to be here,' Schoeman said.

'It's a joke. It's an absolute joke this event.'

Schoeman spoke out after narrowly avoiding being disqualified when he and England's Simon Burnett had a false start when they heard a noise in the stand at the second semi-finals for the men's 50m freestyle.

Officials, however, did not disqualify them.

Schoeman later said: 'I'm experienced enough not to make a stupid blunder like that.'

The term 'monkey' has taken on new meaning in recent years, with Indian cricketers sledging Australia's Andrew Symonds with taunts during Australia's 2007 tour of India.

'Monkey-gate' then returned when India toured Australia the following summer, with Symonds alleging that spin bowler Harbhajan Singh had called him a 'monkey' in Sydney

swimmer1.jpeg.JPG

I think those 'monkeys' are saying:

SHAME SHAME PUPPY SHAME:lol:

monkey_smoking_1a.jpg

Seriously I didn't now some people could be such worse whiners.

There are people and then there are people.

Last edited:
The Australians and British as a matter of fact are pinnacle of racism and cannot digest something traditionally from the whitey domain taking place in the so called "third world".

The Australians and British as a matter of fact are pinnacle of racism and cannot digest something traditionally from the whitey domain taking place in the so called "third world".

Don't worry buddy the way India and China are surging ahead, the day is not far when 'third world' will become a phrase of high praise.

We are working to change the traditional stereotypes you see.:yahoo:

Not all the British dude, I have been living here for the last 9 years and have only encountered racism twice. Folks here are very tolerant of people from other backgrounds.

As for the monkey comment, SHAME ON HIM!

I think the term Indians behaving like monkeys and Indians are monkeys are two totally different things.

The first term means the spectators were misbehaving. The second term is racial, suggesting the way they look like.

Honestly till today i failed to understand why Indians get offended over mentioning of a specie that is revered there.

Seriously they are making it as if that specie is some taboo.

do 1 thing first,change ur pic with a monkey then comment about Indian's exaggerating matter's

I think the term Indians behaving like monkeys and Indians are monkeys are two totally different things.

The first term means the spectators were misbehaving. The second term is racial, suggesting the way they look like.

Everything said and done Asim, an athlete/sportsperson at the international level must have enough concentration to ignore distractors and focus on the game.

If that were not so, their would be no game called chess.

That's what I call CONCENTRATION!:cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spectators ? what spectators?

I though the audience blocks were mostly empty.

Besides,if he is so concerned about the spectators,he should"ve gone into the entertainment field,rather than sports.

If mere shouting by spectators can break his concentration

I wonder how he'd react to such a situation:

The Daily Telegraph reporter said he witnessed a fan yelling at Panesar as he fielded near the boundary fence.

"Give us a wave Monty," the spectator shouted. "You can't speak English you stupid Indian, I'll have to say it in Indian.

"What are you doing playing in the English side, you're not English."

The paper said Panesar and South African-born Kevin Pietersen were also reportedly abused while playing against the Prime Minister's XI in Canberra last week.

Monty Panesar the target of racial taunt | The Australian

Don't discuss religion over this matter as it is irrelevant and an offense to the said religion. Please refrain from bringing in religion to such discussions.

As far as western media is concern
these guys have been keen to highlight minor glitches as full scale disasters
They are the only trying to vilify the games trying to prove that a third world country cannot hold such an event
They were quite during the Beijing Olympics becoz they were not provided the free access which we have given them
and also most of the west barring USA is scared of the chinese

So it will become a issue if I call you a Pig and expect you to take it lightly... but the fact is the many muslims consider Pig as their sacred animal...

So why don't think that some Hindus will not like to be called as a monkey or behaving like a monkey...

I know you cannot think like that... because you mind is full of hate...

:) as T-Faz said we should keep the religion out of it so no more posts from my side on that.

But since you are so much ignorant about Muslims and our faith so therefore let me reply this last post here on this issue.

Please educate yourself about Islam because pig is haram and considered a DIRT.Y animal. Nowhere in the world Muslims consider it sacred.

Hope you educate yourself before you speak next time.

Back
Top Bottom