What's new

CV-16 Liaoning - Type 001 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

This baby marked on the photo ... looks like China YJ supersonic anti-ship missile for J-15
:coffee::coffee::police:

Indeed, but then not the YJ-12 You showed, but more likely the smaller YJ-91.
Su-30MK2 81042 - 4.NDiv + 2x YJ-91.jpg

The YJ-12 is simply too large and heavy to be carried by a Flanker. Just look how much it extends in front of the already huge pylon under a H-6G. That type of missile is more than 7m long ... no chance for a Flanker esp. not off a carrier.

This is a rough estimated comparison I made some time ago.

YJ-12 vs. YJ-83.jpg

Indeed, but then not the YJ-12 You showed, but more likely the smaller YJ-91.
View attachment 368093
The YJ-12 is simply too large and heavy to be carried by a Flanker. Just look how much it extends in front of the already huge pylon under a H-6G. That type of missile is more than 7m long ... no chance for a Flanker esp. not off a carrier.

This is a rough estimated comparison I made some time ago.

View attachment 368094
Maybe YJ-91, at least NAVY JH-7A already equp them, shorter than YJ-12.

4.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

CV-16 may has the estimation capacity of 29 planes on deck judging from the formation shown on the 2016 long range exercise
去年年末至今年年初,辽宁舰进行了最大规模的远洋实战演练,搭载二十余架歼15舰载机足迹遍布渤海、黄海、东海、西太平洋、南海、台湾海峡。最近有照片显示辽宁号甲板一侧密集排列舰载机,或为最大起飞战备模式,这种模式下辽宁舰甲板最多或可载29架舰载机。(来源:辽宁号指挥长)

uq1MZIn.jpg

May look like this
jPOznpb.jpg

CV-16 may has the estimation capacity of 29 planes on deck judging from the formation shown on the 2016 long range exercise
去年年末至今年年初,辽宁舰进行了最大规模的远洋实战演练,搭载二十余架歼15舰载机足迹遍布渤海、黄海、东海、西太平洋、南海、台湾海峡。最近有照片显示辽宁号甲板一侧密集排列舰载机,或为最大起飞战备模式,这种模式下辽宁舰甲板最多或可载29架舰载机。(来源:辽宁号指挥长)
May look like this
jPOznpb.jpg

But this load out or configuration simply does not make any sense in terms op operation: Where should a landing J-15 come in ???

If You go by simply space on deck You could surely fit some more but then it would be even more stupid.

I really don't understand why fan-boys like these images so much?

Deino

uq1MZIn.jpg

May look like this
jPOznpb.jpg
2nd photo PS ~!

Back
Top Bottom