What's new

Customs Intelligence catch smuggling to Afghanistan under ISAF name

Jana sister we are wasting our time trying to explain the facts, for some people even a pigeon farting is a Pakistani conspiracy to terrorise the world.

That was really too much too come out of a think tank!!!

I have read this from multiple sources, it does not imply that containers are torched with the goods each and every time. If there is oil, food or weapons, then it doesnt need an Einstein to understand as to what the militants are going to do with them.

Link...

Do you know of due dilligence? Well the American's have a responsibility to ensure they verify the haulage carrier's background, not the Pakistanis.

BTW you do know that had the american's paid a reputable orginisation like APL or NLC to haul these goods, this would not have happened?

They continue to use the lowest bidding haulage contractor who sub-contracts the work to third parties and guess what, those third parties are not vetted.

Ergo...

First things first.

"Bharat" is the name of the country. It's citizens are called "Bhartiya" and not "Bharti". But if you do that under the influence of Airtel - Bharti, then its OK.

And now......

Who is responsible for the security of NATO containers on Pakistani territory?

and yes, I have read this from multiple sources, it does not imply that containers are torched with the goods each and every time. If there is oil, food or weapons, then it doesnt need an Einstein to understand as to what the militants are going to do with them.

PS: If you really like the "Bhartiyas" so much, com on ever, u r more than welcome.
The Govt cant put a soldier on every inch on a highway from Karachi to Peshawar.
More than 15000 containers only with military equipments goes through pakistan every mothn days and all those containers reach there safely. You are generalizing few even in which some containers got burnt and those 11000 dont even make one month supply. Over 2 years these got missing.

Link...

Do you know of due dilligence? Well the American's have a responsibility to ensure they verify the haulage carrier's background, not the Pakistanis.

BTW you do know that had the american's paid a reputable orginisation like APL or NLC to haul these goods, this would not have happened?

They continue to use the lowest bidding haulage contractor who sub-contracts the work to third parties and guess what, those third parties are not vetted.

Ergo...

Well, I do know of due diligence in Market Research........for corporates..........I do it myself :azn:

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

The Govt cant put a soldier on every inch on a highway from Karachi to Peshawar.
More than 15000 containers only with military equipments goes through pakistan every mothn days and all those containers reach there safely. You are generalizing few even in which some containers got burnt and those 11000 dont even make one month supply. Over 2 years these got missing.

ok.........

It seems Bhartiyas are acting like a Tabla Nawaz of NATO/US in this regards, When the original stakeholder is not much interested in it. The Tabla nawaz Indian orange media is trying its best to play thumri :P

It seems Bhartiyas are acting like a Tabla Nawaz of NATO/US in this regards, When the original stakeholder is not much interested in it. The Tabla nawaz Indian orange media is trying its best to play thumri :P

Thank goodness, u got the point.

Well, I do know of due diligence in Market Research........for corporates..........I do it myself :azn:

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

ok.........

Well then you must understand its applications in Security Risk management? RISK ANALYSIS: Due Diligence - Global Security Intelligence

Not very hard for a nation like American to do, just employ a reputable contractors with a good operational and financial record and a robust network of hubs and there you have it...

Nope, rather they would just tender it out to the cheapest haulage contractors, who as i stated earlier sub contract. Now OPSEC applied to such transactions, do you think the average truck driver cares about OPSEC or who he tells what he is hauling, or who for?

Lets be real, its easy to balme Pakistan.

Well then you must understand its applications in Security Risk management? RISK ANALYSIS: Due Diligence - Global Security Intelligence

Not very hard for a nation like American to do, just employ a reputable contractors with a good operational and financial record and a robust network of hubs and there you have it...

Nope, rather they would just tender it out to the cheapest haulage contractors, who as i stated earlier sub contract. Now OPSEC applied to such transactions, do you think the average truck driver cares about OPSEC or who he tells what he is hauling, or who for?

Lets be real, its easy to balme Pakistan.

Lowest bidder wins..........here too!

Lowest bidder wins..........here too!

Such is a shame, especially when you consider the long term implications, if NATO were a company such practices would have serious long term ramifications for its corporate image aswell as cast doubt over its ablity to assess operaitonal risks.

And what's worse is the fact the APL did have a tender with the Americans and whilst they were hauling, we never witnessed such incidents... They even had their own convoy security team.

Oh well, you know what they say,
Penny Wise and Pound Foolish.

Such is a shame, especially when you consider the long term implications, if NATO were a company such practices would have serious long term ramifications for its corporate image aswell as cast doubt over its ablity to assess operaitonal risks.

And what's worse is the fact the APL did have a tender with the Americans and whilst they were hauling, we never witnessed such incidents... They even had their own convoy security team.

Oh well, you know what they say,

Rest assured, the torching of containers is not going to end anytime soon and NATO really has no grounds to complain even if they want to.

For Indian members, these containers were not of ISAF or had equipment for ISAF/NATO, do you think NATO would have been quiet after loosing such huge number of containers.

It was basically a smuggling ring, which was importing normal things under the disguise of the containers being for NATO, as due to that no duty is levied on them and they are cleared from the port and sent on its way to Afghanistan, but the smugglers would unload them on the way and sell the material in those containers in the local market, thus earning much more money due to no tax levied on the goods.

If these 11,000 containers with military equipment had been unloaded in Pakistan, we would have seen much of this equipment in the market, but as these had the name tags of NATO containers, the goods in them would be something else, thus the customs deptt and smugglers made money by selling duty free goods in the market at prices which include tax amount also.

So any more idiotic comments from Indian members, they will be out.

Understand the issue before opening it up.

For Indian members, these containers were not of ISAF or had equipment for ISAF/NATO, do you think NATO would have been quiet after loosing such huge number of containers.

It was basically a smuggling ring, which was importing normal things under the disguise of the containers being for NATO, as due to that no duty is levied on them and they are cleared from the port and sent on its way to Afghanistan, but the smugglers would unload them on the way and sell the material in those containers in the local market, thus earning much more money due to no tax levied on the goods.

If these 11,000 containers with military equipment had been unloaded in Pakistan, we would have seen much of this equipment in the market, but as these had the name tags of NATO containers, the goods in them would be something else, thus the customs deptt and smugglers made money by selling duty free goods in the market at prices which include tax amount also.

So any more idiotic comments from Indian members, they will be out.

Understand the issue before opening it up.

Cool it man, unless we dont discuss, unless Rescue Ranger pointed out those things, how will we (in India) get too know???

Guys, why are you fighting?

i mean whats wrong with looting NATO and USA?

I think that's the best way to get the money out of them. Squeeze em.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom