What's new

Customers angry, staff defiant at China's fake Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaHaHa, who say Indians are not smart?:lol:

Yeah ! OK ! I admit we dont top innovation index. Can you tell me why China is not in the top 10 in this index inspite of being in the top 5 patent producers ? And yes, I can read !

Yeah ! OK ! I admit we dont top innovation index. Can you tell me why China is not in the top 10 in this index inspite of being in the top 5 patent producers ? And yes, I can read !

Grey boy and Chinese dragon ! you still didnt answer my question! Why is China not topping innovation, inspite of topping patents ?

Grey boy and Chinese dragon ! you still didnt answer my question! Why is China not topping innovation, inspite of topping patents ?

Because we are far behind in terms of innovation, compared to the Western world.

However, China jumped 14 places in the Global Innovation Index rankings this year, and is continuing to improve at a very fast rate. India meanwhile, is going backwards in the rankings. :rofl:

gblnvdx11.jpg

Because we are far behind in terms of innovation, compared to the Western world.

However, China jumped 14 places in the Global Innovation Index rankings this year, and is continuing to improve at a very fast rate. India meanwhile, is going backwards in the rankings. :rofl:

Why did China's ranking go down in 2010?

Can you read? :no:

What I posted was the Global Innovation Index (2011). Which is the major index on innovation.

What you posted was the Innovation Efficiency Index. When I typed that into a search engine, it came up with the same Indian article that you just linked. :lol:

Both the index are from the same annual publication by INSEAD and CII. You need to improve your googling skills a bit more.

gblnvdx11.jpg

I said I admit we lag in innovation ! We lag behind you in patents too ! But you guys top patents but lag in innovation ! May be bcoz of this

China's Patent Strategy Isn't About Innovation; It's An Economic Weapon Against Foreign Companies | Techdirt
Do you admit ??

Read this and you will know the reason
John Bennett points us to an article in the NY Times that claims to be about how China is gearing up to be an innovation powerhouse rather than just known for "copying." Of course, the actual focus of the article is about how China is trying to get a lot more patents. In fact, we covered this very issue back in October, highlighting how China has set an "innovation policy" that appears much more focused on getting more patents, rather than increasing innovation. There are, of course, some people who still think that the number of patents is a proxy for innovation, but this claim has been debunked so many times, it's just kind of cute when people still bring it up.

China's Patent Strategy Isn't About Innovation; It's An Economic Weapon Against Foreign Companies

While Chinese patent statistics continue to make headlines, both government insiders and legal experts express concerns about patent quality. An article in the Financial Times indicates that the patent figures reflect a concerted government campaign to persuade Chinese companies to protect their intellectual property by law, and that government subsidies to cover patent application costs is a factor that artificially inflates the number of filings. Chen Naiwei, director of the Intellectual Property Research Centre at Shanghai Jiaotong University, echoed the view that many local governments have provided patent fees to enterprises and science institutes, resulting in the rapid growth in applications. Most patents filed in China are for a new design appearance or new models, which do not require great technical innovation, he adds. Utility model patents are particularly popular with domestic applicants because they are easier and faster to prepare, do not undergo substantive examinations before being granted, and cost less. For these reasons, utility model patents may intrinsically be of substandard quality.

Chinese patent problems

Now please don't point to number of patents to prove how innovative you are. :lol:

Yes we know that and that's probably the reason for opening a fake apple store and faking other stuff. cool story, now isn't it?

Apple isn't whining, its some jealous Indians that are whining.

Apple can't whine anyways because the term "Apple Store" is not a trademark of Apple, Inc. There is nothing they can do legally.
No one is 'whining', least of all Apple. Everyone is laughing, the loudest of all Apple. Is the phrase "Mao's Tomb" or "Mao's Mausoleum" trademarked? Probably not. But what if a bunch of Americans decided to build such, complete with what they claim to be Mao's embalmed body, and make it a tourist attraction next to Disneyland? Guess who would really be whining? The Chinese government...!!! So by all means, give Apple free advertising in China. After all, Lenovo had to buy IBM's notebook division, so why not copy Apple's iconic store and resort to legalism to defend such crass?

No one is 'whining', least of all Apple. Everyone is laughing, the loudest of all Apple. Is the phrase "Mao's Tomb" or "Mao's Mausoleum" trademarked? Probably not. But what if a bunch of Americans decided to build such, complete with what they claim to be Mao's embalmed body, and make it a tourist attraction next to Disneyland? Guess who would really be whining? The Chinese government...!!! So by all means, give Apple free advertising in China. After all, Lenovo had to buy IBM's notebook division, so why not copy Apple's iconic store and resort to legalism to defend such crass?

Go for it! I wouldn't mind and I think the government would be laughing too. Apple is indeed getting free advertisement so they're keeping silent. Also, once Lenovo bought IBM's notebook division the IBM Thinkpads became branded as Lenovo, so whats your point?

Go for it! I wouldn't mind and I think the government would be laughing too. Apple is indeed getting free advertisement so they're keeping silent. Also, once Lenovo bought IBM's notebook division the IBM Thinkpads became branded as Lenovo, so whats your point?
That as the world awaits for some genuine innovations from China, we should expect something crass like a Chinese Apple store clone hiding behind the shield of legalism.

That as the world awaits for some genuine innovations from China, we should expect something crass like a Chinese Apple store clone hiding behind the shield of legalism.

Can you tell me where Apple was technically as opposed to marketing innovative?

By James Wilsdon

A lot of the innovation in chinese societies is actually taking place beneath the surface of the metrics and indicators we use to measure it.

And this broader understanding of hidden innovation has huge relevance to a country like China, where there is a vast amount of energy, creativity and entrepreneurialism outside conventional R&D-intensive sectors.

China can lead world in innovation system

Can you tell me where Apple was technically as opposed to marketing innovative?
Two recent products: iPhone and iPad. Both caught the mobile computing world by surprise. Before that it was the iPod. All products cannot be dismissed as successful via marketing alone. Advertisements do not force people to buy things. Apple just know better than YOU on the differences between inventions and innovations. That understanding is why Apple succeeded where Chinese companies have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom