What's new

Currie: CWG could be called off

Status
Not open for further replies.
who say that Pakistan dnt have poor.but atleast they r not allowed to pup in such place and we have enough man for construction project dnt need woman for that:) this pic is recent which mean after so many talk abt ****** place u still dnt care.wake up now atleast.

come on man is there something wrong in womwn doing construction work??? you want me to provide you a link which shows that Pakistan women do construction work.?no work is big or small.? bro please try sticking to the cwg or this tread will explode...regards

first of all what you allow in your country is not necessarily prohibited in our country .................secondly if ur done with your trolling work let me tell you that the female is working on the green lawn :wave:

hmmm shld i upload pics from cwg where women working on construction site . any way get ur 1 billion ppl on work now as few days left dnt even spear children opps child labor is already involved in cwg.[/QUOTE]

I told you before whts not done in your country is not necessarily banned in my country...and for your suggestion thank you so much..but then it will wise if you give more such suggestionbs to your country men..:wave:

So many pages of discussion and I still can't figure out why this thread is still in the indian defence?

It would've been relevant only to discuss security threats to CWG and measures to deal with them, if bilateral mud slinging is the only agenda move it somewhere else!

On topic; How many of those who post here are going to make the CWG fiasco an important issue while deciding their vote in the next election?................

Think about it!

who say that Pakistan dnt have poor.but atleast they r not allowed to pup in such place and we have enough man for construction project dnt need woman for that:) this pic is recent which mean after so many talk abt ****** place u still dnt care.wake up now atleast.

DAWN.COM | World | Hard road for Pakistan's women workers

womenworkers608.jpg

292x300..23061030.jpg

292x300..23061033.jpg

Godh, a human rights organisation working for the welfare of these workers, estimates there are two million road labourers in Pakistan, including around 900,000 women and thousands of minors. -AFP Photo

Aged 29, she is a widow and a mother of four. She is five months pregnant with her fifth child yet road construction in the parched countryside near the Indian border is the only way she can feed her children.

Pakistan may be one of the world's most deeply patriarchal societies with some of the worst indicators of women's health, no domestic violence law and endemic sexism but women make up a significant segment of road labour.

Bibi's second husband and father of her unborn child refuses to pay to feed her other children so she toils in the heat to build the road from Wazirabad to Daska 193 kilometres (120 miles) southeast of Islamabad.

“I'm not thinking about my baby, who is yet to come in this world. He will face the same miseries I have been facing all my life,” said Bibi.

Pakistani women who crush stones, lay them under heavy rollers and surface roads by spreading bitumen are a major source of cheap road labour in Punjab and Sindh, Pakistan's two most developed provinces.

They have worked in road construction for generations. Many have known no other lifee – born alongside the road, growing up beside the road and working as soon as they can, moving road to road like gypsies their whole life.

Lying down, taking a rest from the pail of stones and heavy hammer, Bibi said she would give birth in the dirt. “We give birth along the road, marry along the road and die along the road. This is our life and we don't know anything else except stone crushing.”

Godh, a human rights organisation working for the welfare of these workers, estimates there are two million road labourers in Pakistan, including around 900,000 women and thousands of minors.

The government pays no attention and their parents do nothing to train their children for other work, says Nazir Ghazi, executive director of the group.

“The condition of the women and children is pathetic. All these women work despite being ill, even until the last day of their pregnancy.

“The babies get weak and bad skin due to poor growing conditions and children have no facility to study,” he said.

Ameer Mai, has been in the business since childhood. She's now 45.

She started crushing stones to support her parents. She continued to help her husband and support her children. Now she needs $240 to treat her two-year-old for kidney stones.

Ameer and her husband get Rs 250 (three dollars) a day; their 10-year-old daughter Mussarrat Rs 150. Two younger daughters work without a fixed wage for just a few rupees in tips.

“We buy a bag of flour, vegetables and can't afford meat. We don't know any other job to do and have to do it till our death,” she said.

Tears filled Ameer's eyes as she narrated her story, holding her son Shahid in one hand and a bucket in the other. As she spoke, bitumen melted in a hot smoky oven and a roller pressed the stones.

Unable to break the cycle of misery, she is passing down her life to her daughter. While other girls traipse to school with books, Mussarrat lifts a bucket onto her head full of stones in Punjab's Zafarwal area of Sialkot.

“I tell my mother I want to go to school and can't work but she always says if you don't work, you won't have anything to eat',” Mussarrat told AFP, her face flushed in the burning sun and her hair muddied.

The dust, heat, din of the heavy roller and the burden of work exhaust her.

“Sometimes I simply leave and lie down,” she said.

Shawaiz Warraich, manager of the company building the Wazirabad-Daska road, denied any responsibility for women and child labourers.

“We sublet the stone crushing and surface preparing works to contractors who hire them. We have no direct concern with them and only want our work done.”He said sub-contractors are mostly husbands, fathers, brothers and cousins of the women, who force them to work according to tribal customs.

Campaigners would like to see the government enforce compulsory education for children under the age of 16 and provide free healthcare. At the moment, children over the age of 14 are legally entitled to work.

“These women are ignored by the departments that should help them. The government doesn't address civic problems and civil society is very weak,” said Farzana Bari, a founding member of aid group Pattan.

“These women should also rise up and form their own union to get equal salaries to men because they work equally. Sometimes their salaries are even paid to their male relatives.” –AFP

What say now??

We both have a lot to do as far as Wome rights are concerned. Not only do they work at construction site (Actually I do not see a problrm with that) but they are paid lesser pay for same work ...

So many pages of discussion and I still can't figure out why this thread is still in the indian defence?

It would've been relevant only to discuss security threats to CWG and measures to deal with them, if bilateral mud slinging is the only agenda move it somewhere else!

On topic; How many of those who post here are going to make the CWG fiasco an important issue while deciding their vote in the next election?................

Think about it!
I will still vote for MMS, but the common man..

BJP is going to create a big mess out it, and many others...

DAWN.COM | World | Hard road for Pakistan's women workers

womenworkers608.jpg

Godh, a human rights organisation working for the welfare of these workers, estimates there are two million road labourers in Pakistan, including around 900,000 women and thousands of minors. -AFP Photo

Aged 29, she is a widow and a mother of four. She is five months pregnant with her fifth child yet road construction in the parched countryside near the Indian border is the only way she can feed her children.

Pakistan may be one of the world's most deeply patriarchal societies with some of the worst indicators of women's health, no domestic violence law and endemic sexism but women make up a significant segment of road labour.

Bibi's second husband and father of her unborn child refuses to pay to feed her other children so she toils in the heat to build the road from Wazirabad to Daska 193 kilometres (120 miles) southeast of Islamabad.

“I'm not thinking about my baby, who is yet to come in this world. He will face the same miseries I have been facing all my life,” said Bibi.

Pakistani women who crush stones, lay them under heavy rollers and surface roads by spreading bitumen are a major source of cheap road labour in Punjab and Sindh, Pakistan's two most developed provinces.

They have worked in road construction for generations. Many have known no other lifee – born alongside the road, growing up beside the road and working as soon as they can, moving road to road like gypsies their whole life.

Lying down, taking a rest from the pail of stones and heavy hammer, Bibi said she would give birth in the dirt. “We give birth along the road, marry along the road and die along the road. This is our life and we don't know anything else except stone crushing.”

Godh, a human rights organisation working for the welfare of these workers, estimates there are two million road labourers in Pakistan, including around 900,000 women and thousands of minors.

The government pays no attention and their parents do nothing to train their children for other work, says Nazir Ghazi, executive director of the group.

“The condition of the women and children is pathetic. All these women work despite being ill, even until the last day of their pregnancy.

“The babies get weak and bad skin due to poor growing conditions and children have no facility to study,” he said.

Ameer Mai, has been in the business since childhood. She's now 45.

She started crushing stones to support her parents. She continued to help her husband and support her children. Now she needs $240 to treat her two-year-old for kidney stones.

Ameer and her husband get Rs 250 (three dollars) a day; their 10-year-old daughter Mussarrat Rs 150. Two younger daughters work without a fixed wage for just a few rupees in tips.

“We buy a bag of flour, vegetables and can't afford meat. We don't know any other job to do and have to do it till our death,” she said.

Tears filled Ameer's eyes as she narrated her story, holding her son Shahid in one hand and a bucket in the other. As she spoke, bitumen melted in a hot smoky oven and a roller pressed the stones.

Unable to break the cycle of misery, she is passing down her life to her daughter. While other girls traipse to school with books, Mussarrat lifts a bucket onto her head full of stones in Punjab's Zafarwal area of Sialkot.

“I tell my mother I want to go to school and can't work but she always says if you don't work, you won't have anything to eat',” Mussarrat told AFP, her face flushed in the burning sun and her hair muddied.

The dust, heat, din of the heavy roller and the burden of work exhaust her.

“Sometimes I simply leave and lie down,” she said.

Shawaiz Warraich, manager of the company building the Wazirabad-Daska road, denied any responsibility for women and child labourers.

“We sublet the stone crushing and surface preparing works to contractors who hire them. We have no direct concern with them and only want our work done.”He said sub-contractors are mostly husbands, fathers, brothers and cousins of the women, who force them to work according to tribal customs.

Campaigners would like to see the government enforce compulsory education for children under the age of 16 and provide free healthcare. At the moment, children over the age of 14 are legally entitled to work.

“These women are ignored by the departments that should help them. The government doesn't address civic problems and civil society is very weak,” said Farzana Bari, a founding member of aid group Pattan.

“These women should also rise up and form their own union to get equal salaries to men because they work equally. Sometimes their salaries are even paid to their male relatives.” –AFP

What say now??

I am surprised u though that the unedcuated troll was woth replying ..

Lets move CWG to Pakistan!,we shall walk on the "Lakdi ka pulls".
:lol:

I am sure that lakdi ka pull (wooden bridge) wont fall down by walking of few people ;) unlike your concrete one .

And i am saying with conviction

hmmm shld i upload pics from cwg where women working on construction site . any way get ur 1 billion ppl on work now as few days left dnt even spear children opps child labor is already involved in cwg
I told you before whts not done in your country is not necessarily banned in my country...and for your suggestion thank you so much..but then it will wise if you give more such suggestionbs to your country men..:wave:

I think the picture was not about Child or woman laboure in India but infact the kid was pooing on a road where CWGs banner or some construction site for CWGs was visible ;)

checking authority for what labourers kid playing on the road is that a problem fr now????? you want to tell us that poor does not exixt in pakistan:frown:
Did you see the picture....The kid is actually not playing.....He is doing Potty (In desi english)....And he is not doing potty on some normal road...He is doing it on pride of India.....thats what was pointed...but you cant see that, You had to bring poverty and children In pakistan blah blah blah.....Cant talk on topic can ya?

after seeing all the jokes on india i wonder IF the game do turn out to be a big success (which i doubt) what would all these joke makers say???

Did you see the picture....The kid is actually not playing.....He is doing Potty (In desi english)....And he is not doing potty on some normal road...He is doing it on pride of India.....thats what was pointed...but you cant see that, You had to bring poverty and children In pakistan blah blah blah.....Cant talk on topic can ya?

hehehehe they could not seen the potty doing i mean pooing kid on CWGs surrounding road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom