What's new

Currie: CWG could be called off

Status
Not open for further replies.
heheh here we go for the detonators

Lets check the security guys :Aussies

Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue

AFP, Sep 21, 2010, 02.40pm IST

SYDNEY: An Australian television news crew says it was able to enter the main Commonwealth Games arena carrying a case for an explosives detonation kit without being stopped, just days before the event begins.

The Channel 7 journalist, who also filmed black-market explosives on sale near New Delhi, walked into the venue carrying the case, capable of triggering up to 200 explosions if fitted with a detonator, without attracting suspicion.

Footage broadcast late on Monday showed reporter Mike Duffy easily walking into the cordoned off area with the over-sized, wheeled suitcase when a gate was opened to allow a police convoy through.

"Patrol cars drive in, I slip through," he says in a voiceover. "While they're distracted by their own cars, I breeze in with an oversized suitcase.

"There are dozens of police. But nobody asks me what it's for. And this is no ordinary piece of luggage.

"It's a portable, purpose-built casing for a remote detonation kit. The unit is capable of setting off 200 explosions."

Duffy had earlier secretly filmed the purchase of the case from the boot of a car in a restaurant car park north of New Delhi.

"If I need to blow up this car, all I need further is a detonator and explosive," the vendor tells Duffy.

The news crew said they were easily able to obtain both items, including ammonium nitrate and explosives used for mining, within a day's drive of New Delhi, which will begin hosting the Commonwealth Games on October 3.

Security concerns about the games were heightened Sunday after two Taiwanese tourists were wounded when gunmen on motorcycles fired at a tourist bus.

Organisers of the Games have promised the event will be safe, but Australia issued another warning about safety on Monday, saying there was a "high risk" of an attack in New Delhi.

Read more: Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue - The Times of India Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue - The Times of India

Bhartis :disagree:

damn....

that was mean of these ozzies, yaar!!!

I know INDIA hosting CWG 2010 is totally messed up :angry:

It is not that India does not have the capability. They do have access to best & latest technologies and adequate funding was provided for building CWG infrastructure.
The reason is very simple. Corrupt politicians + corrupt bureaucrats + corrupt contractors = CWG mess

I HOPE Things will get better.....and games will be a success :)

Lets see wat happens

Just heard, New Zealand to take a final call on CWG participation by Friday.

iam not worried abt the CWG games issues as this is the first time we are organizing an event of this stature.

However if we ever happen to host Olympics, or bid for it, will we get it??

Thats really unacceptable, time for GOI to take urgent actions.
Imagine if all those accidents happened during the game....:undecided:

Just Look at this, I cant stop laughing

We have the Worlds 5th Best Fabrication Company-L&T

We have a Man Who has Experience In Engineering Worlds Most Astonishing and Successful Structures- Mr Sreedharan

We have a Professional Labor Force who could Build Almost Anything Under proper Guidance..

Now the Thing to laugh about is, Our Govt has not given any chance to above 2 and Only used the 3rd Point under the People who have almost Nil Knowledge In Engineering....

iam not worried abt the CWG games issues as this is the first time we are organizing an event of this stature.

However if we ever happen to host Olympics, or bid for it, will we get it??

If CWG fails, Indian chances of getting any similar event, forget bigger ones, goes down big time.

We have a Man Who has Experience In Engineering Worlds Most Astonishing and Successful Structures- Mr Sreedharan

We have a Professional Labor Force who could Build Almost Anything Under proper Guidance..

Now the Thing to laugh about is, Our Govt has not given any chance to above 2 and Only used the 3rd Point under the People who have almost Nil Knowledge In Engineering....

This is really a complete mess, a complete disaster.

When we have all the req. engg. expertise and they have not been utilized means that the CWG organizing morons have filled their pockets with big money.

We have to accept this now, these games, unless they get postponed will end up in big embarrassment for India. The last thing we want is for some thing to collapse right during the games and killing athletes/audiences.

The GoI must themselves come forward and ask for the games to be postponed.

If CWG fails, Indian chances of getting any similar event, forget bigger ones, goes down big time.

Do You seriously think we would get a Chance to Host similar Events In Near future even if this is 100% success???? :lol:

sir how much is kalmadi responsible for this? was he responsible for awarding the contracts for these third party companies?

Now, smaller teams consider withdrawal from Commonwealth Games
TNN, Sep 22, 2010, 11.44am IST

NEW DELHI: A day after the visiting Commonwealth delegates objected to "unliveable conditions in the Games village, some of the smaller teams are now considering withdrawing.

David Harry, chef de mission of the 43-strong Guernsey team, said: "The next two days are vital. The monsoon caused real problems and you do have some sympathy, but then again they should not have left themselves in this position. There is a possibility that we will pull out.

Alan Cross, secretary of the Jersey Commonwealth Games Association, said: "We have to make a decision in the next 24 hours whether to take part or not. There is a risk we will not. It seems very likely that the accommodation will not be ready in time. If the first big team pulls out then others may follow. We are very, very unhappy and disappointed. In the future, members will be very reluctant to vote for cities from developing countries again which is a real shame."

Among the evidence apparently submitted by the Scottish delegation is a photograph of a dog defecating on a bed in the games village. :woot:

Read more: Now, smaller teams consider withdrawal from Commonwealth Games - The Times of India Now, smaller teams consider withdrawal from Commonwealth Games - The Times of India

Do You seriously think we would get a Chance to Host similar Events In Near future even if this is 100% success???? :lol:
Sir -

I am not talking abt any event in 5 years, Lets say in 10-15 if we ever happen to host a bigger event.

Now There were talks that India wanted to host olympics 10-15 years.

My respect for Lalit Modi and BCCI has gone up tremendously.

Even they are into financial corruption, but atleast they deleiver the goods and have never embarrassed our country in such a manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom