What's new

Curious : Why a Vietnamese becomes President of a Trust that controls a $180B Chinese Company?

Chinese cannot dominate in the West because of racial discrimination, I agree, just like Jews can never dominate if they live in Vietnam, even in very big number.

But can ethnic Chinese dominate in japan or South Korea? No, even their looks and names are same as Japanese and Korean. Why do you think they can dominate in Vietnam?

Ethnic Chinese can dominate in all other South East Asian countries, but not in Vietnam. Look at PISA test and IQ level.

We have discussed this issue numerous times on this forum, so I will stop here.

Being successful doesn't equate to "dominate." Chinese in Japan and Korea are mostly in professional fields, same as Chinese in western developed countries. They are successful, but their success don't grab as much attention as those who own multi-million businesses in South East Asia. In those developing countries, industry and good employment opportunities were very limited, most Chinese ventured in businesses and ended up becoming business tycoons.

Some successful and well known ethnic Chinese in Japan.
吳百福 Momofuku Ando - inventor of instant noodles, founder of Nissin Food.
陈美龄 Agnes Meiling Kaneko Chan - UNICEF Ambassador, a professor and writer.
陈建 Chen Kenichi - famous chef, popular Japan TV personality.
陈舜臣 Chin Shunshin - well known novelist
Many famous Japanese professional Go players are Chinese 王铭琬 Rin Kaiho, 王立诚 Rissei.....

Chinese did very well in Vietnam too, but were driven out by the Vietnamese govt in the 70's, lost all their property and wealth. Most of them migrated to US, UK...Some went back to China.

"In Vietnamese business circles, the Hoa (Chinese) were dubbed as "Crownless kings", "rice kings", "gasoline kings", or "scrap-iron kings". Highly publicized profiles of wealthy Chinese entrepreneurs attracted great public interest and were used to illustrate the community's strong economic clout." - Vo, Nhan Tri (1990). Vietnam's Economic Policy Since 1975. P68

Last edited:
I guess you don't know pre-Vietnam war history of the Hoas or the history of Han Chinese aristocrats in Korea and Japan. The immigrants in Korea and Japan faced even more discrimination than the ethnic Hoas in Vietnam. Competition and meritocracy is the foundation of Confucianism, all Confucian based societies are like that. Anyhow, I love Vietnamese food but to state that Chinese food goes bankrupt is a really naive and simplistic. Any food that sucks will perish, authentic North and South Chinese food is awesome, not the gooey shit some fresh off the boats immigrants cook up.

Btw, most smart Viets I meet in the West are ethnic Hoas, funny how they still preserve Viet cuisine and open up so many Vietnamnese food shops. Hell they even speak Vietnamnese among themselves.
the hoa speak vietnamese among themselves? cool story bro.

In a global economy corporations are looking for the best people and nationalism is being set aside
ever wondered why it is almost impossible to get a chinese passport? the percentage of foreigners to become chinese is almost zero. if you don´t look chinese, speak chinese, eat with chopstick, know their culture and custom, it is almost impossible to work, live and integrate in China.

the hoa speak vietnamese among themselves? cool story bro.

ever wondered why it is almost impossible to become a chinese passport? the percentage of foreigners to become chinese is almost zero. if you don´t look chinese, speak chinese, eat with chopstick, know their culture and custom, it is almost impossible to work, live and integrate in China.
You might not believe me, but the family of Hoas I know speak Vietnamese among themselves.

FYI, even if you look Chinese, speak Chinese, eat with chopsticks and culturally Chinese, you can't get citizenship if you are not born in China and not ethnically Chinese. So overseas Chinese can't get Chinese citizenship, it's designed to disperse the population to foreign countries. But now it is changing as the country get richer and the population reduces.

You might not believe me, but the family of Hoas I know speak Vietnamese among themselves.
your case is very rare. probably they intergrated too well into VN. ok usually because of mix intermarriages between of vietnamese and chinese, they speak vietnamese and different southern chinese dialects from Hainanese to Cantonese.

your case is very rare. ok usually because of mix intermarriages between of vietnamese and chinese, they speak vietnamese and different southern chinese dialects from Hainanese to Cantonese.
North Vietnamnese and Cantonese are practically the same to me. Just accept Han culture, have some Han blood, and you are part of the Chinese nation. To me, Vietnamnese can be easily assimilated, Han Chinese herself is a diverse grouping of ethnicity bound together by some Han blood and Chinese culture. Most Cantonese have Viet blood anyway. Even me, I have Mongol and Manchurian blood, and my wife is Cantonese and have Viet blood, but we are Chinese.

North Vietnamnese and Cantonese are practically the same to me. Just accept Han culture, have some Han blood, and you are part of the Chinese nation. To me, Vietnamnese can be easily assimilated, Han Chinese herself is a diverse grouping of ethnicity bound together by some Han blood and Chinese culture. Most Cantonese have Viet blood anyway. Even me, I have Mongol and Manchurian blood, and my wife is Cantonese and have Viet blood, but we are Chinese.
north and southern vietnamese are of same genetical root. Central and southern vietnamese territories today were conquered and annexed during the Le and Nguyen, with the emperors sending northern vietnamese settlers to the new lands. chinese are economically better off, usually looking down on vietnamese, seeing the vietnamese as stupid and poor, while vietnamese look down on chinese considering them as dirty and greedy. ok we have some sorts of bad sentiments. ha ha.

North Vietnamese are related to Zhuang ethnic minority, not Cantonese. North Vietnam were part of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous region, both share the same Dong Son culture, different from Han Chinese culture. North Vietnam later became more Austroasiatic with tribes coming from Laos/Cambodia. If North Vietnam join China, they would be a minority ethnic, like Zhuang.

Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangxi

Last edited:
North Vietnamese are related to Zhuang ethnic minority, not Cantonese. North Vietnam were part of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous region in Guangxi province. Both share the same Dongsong culture, quite different from Han Chinese culture. If Vietnam join China, they would be a minority group, like Zhuang.

Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangxi
more like the Gin or Jing in China

20100606183628879.jpg

No he is vietnamese born in Vietnam having Vietnamese parents. he knows the germans in and out, once working a minister in the Angela Merkel government.

1186971369-philipp-roesler-angela-merkel-2UNG.jpg

Lots of young Chinese and Koreans living in Germany can’t speak Chinese nor Koreans. They aren’t chinese nor Koreans? Are you sure?

What a stupid reply. He was born in Vietnam and that was it. He never knew his biological parents, or are you telling me that his biological parents' name was Rösler? :lol:

Lot's of Chinese and Korean living in Germany don't speak their mothertongues? You pull that out of your arse? Got some official stats, as I don't know any East Asian who grew up here and don't speak a word of their parents' language.

Next you will start to teach me "proper" German. :lol:

What a stupid reply. He was born in Vietnam and that was it. He never knew his biological parents, or are you telling me that his biological parents' name was Rösler? :lol:

Lot's of Chinese and Korean living in Germany don't speak their mothertongues? You pull that out of your arse? Got some official stats, as I don't know any East Asian who grew up here and don't speak a word of their parents' language.

You need to get more refugees from southeast asia.....
They will become Roeslers.
You guys are racist, a multicultural Germany needs at least 25% southeast asia refugees.
Another 25% from turkey....

most germans know asian foods, but can´t differ between vietnamese, chinese, koreans and japanese, however you can? come on...you once say can speaking noble plattdeutsch, how can you know asian underclass people?

...because he is the better man for the job? lol

You need to let go of such inferiority complex viet..at some point in your life

most germans know asian foods, but can´t differ between vietnamese, chinese, koreans and japanese, however you can? come on...you once say can speaking noble plattdeutsch, how can you know asian underclass people?

What does your answer have anything to do with what I wrote?

Vietnamese may be underclass people, people from East Asia are not seen as underclass here in Germany.

Back
Top Bottom