What's new

Crude bomb hurled outside Pranab Mukherjee's hotel in Dhaka

And what is this decent discussion forum. Where I dont attack anyone and u ppl come to attack by calling dalal, malaun. chapati and other abusive words. I have my rights to defend where u will be treated as golaka ba rogkata. Clear?

Clear...do it no problem but avoid mentioning family, parents etc., hope this time it'll be clear to you.

Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

I have never followed any Bangladeshi politics until I joined this forum. Therefore, could you please clarify why would the Americans be backing Jam'at-e-Islami in Bangladesh?

Salaam to all the Muslims.

I have never followed any Bangladeshi politics until I joined this forum. Therefore, could you please clarify why would the Americans be backing Jam'at-e-Islami in Bangladesh?

@Loki i would like to know this too

Last edited by a moderator:

@Loki i would like to know this too

Well, Jamaat-Islami is a historical Cold War-era ally proxy of the US. Not that it matters right now though.

In public, they do not back the party nor took sides. They have in fact welcomed the war crimes trial. However, they have raised concerns as far transparency of the trial goes. And not mere power-mongering and petty politics.

Recent events appear to point to the direction of the latter (unfortunately). This is the International Criminal Court (ICC) after all, and must abide by all ICC conventions if the trial is to be transparent.

Last year, the US did suggest more dialogue with Jamaat/Shibir (Jamaat's student wing) on part of the ruling Awami League. That suggestion was snubbed just as the government snubbed concerns about Dr. Yunus's removal from Grameen Bank. The AL officials behaved rather arrogantly toward the World Bank as well regarding the funding of Padma Bridge.

Another thing is that Jamaat have very close relations with the Middle Eastern nations. Including the GCC states and Turkey (a NATO member).

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Jamati Islam is the most Democratic Party in Bangladesh... Leader comes, leaders Go.... Only talented activists can become national leaders....

However it is quite opposite in BNP and Awamileague...

Mother Of Irony..............

Because Jamati Islam is the most Democratic Party in Bangladesh... Leader comes, leaders Go.... Only talented activists can become national leaders....

However it is quite opposite in BNP and Awamileague...

Mother Of Irony..............

Jamat has a great future in Bangladesh, I have a feeling. They just need to get rid of this 1971 stigma, which should be gone in a decade, as the old leaders retire or die off. They also need to get rid of Maududi as the ideological leader and build alliance with other Islamic parties in Bangladesh. Ideally there should be one big party for Islamic minded people of Bangladesh, not tainted with 1971 Rezakars or Maududi, the controversial theorist of Political Islam.

Well, Jamaat-Islami is a historical Cold War-era ally proxy of the US. Not that it matters right now though.

In public, they do not back the party nor took sides. They have in fact welcomed the war crimes trial. However, they have raised concerns as far transparency of the trial goes. And not mere power-mongering and petty politics.

Recent events appear to point to the direction of the latter (unfortunately). This is the International Criminal Court (ICC) after all, and must abide by all ICC conventions if the trial is to be transparent.

Last year, the US did suggest more dialogue with Jamaat/Shibir (Jamaat's student wing) on part of the ruling Awami League. That suggestion was snubbed just as the government snubbed concerns about Dr. Yunus's removal from Grameen Bank. The AL officials behaved rather arrogantly toward the World Bank as well regarding the funding of Padma Bridge.

Another thing is that Jamaat have very close relations with the Middle Eastern nations. Including the GCC states and Turkey (a NATO member).

Im sensing like US is helping to AL Qaeda to loosen the power of its opposite ally.
Us is loosing its control over the world power and more countries are now free of their dirty politics.
Right now BD is more on ally of india,china,Russia. Which has most promising future.
But also good relation with US,Japan,UK,Germany ally.
Maybe US wants to balance this condition.
So they want to promote a extreme fundamentalist party even though it has problem with Muslims.

Im sensing like US is helping to AL Qaeda to loosen the power of its opposite ally.
Us is loosing its control over the world power and more countries are now free of their dirty politics.
Right now BD is more on ally of india,china,Russia. Which has most promising future.
So they want to promote a extreme fundamentalist party even though it has problem with Muslims.

Bangladeshi posters comments please. BD an ally of India? Since when? It sounds to me more like AL desperately want to make BD a virtual vassal state of India so they can continue to "own" Bangladesh as their paitrik sompotti (inherited property), while Bangladeshi's desperately trying to break free from Indian and Indian agents control. Every time we make some headway, we seem to come back to square one and start over again.

Oh boy, looks like we aren't the only ones getting into conspiracy theories :lol:

Bangladesh doesn't technically have any ally.

And USA did not openly take any side whatsoever (unlike our reckless neighbor).

The Americans simply called for more dialogue and ensure that the trial is made transparent. You guys are only unnecessarily making the entire issue more complex. And more dangerous.

Let me ask you something? Can they control this entire situation? If no, then they'd be in trouble.

Bangladeshi posters comments please. BD an ally of India? Since when? It sounds to me more like AL desperately want to make BD a virtual vassal state of India so they can continue to "own" Bangladesh as their paitrik sompotti (inherited property), while Bangladeshi's desperately trying to break free from Indian and Indian agents control. Every time we make some headway, we seem to come back to square one and start over again.

Your intellectuality is beyond me. So why u quote me as u cant understand my language.
I said BD is more on india,china,Russia ally. The new emerging world power.
But officially BD has no ally. As we dont need any.

BD dnt need to be ally of any one just like India. Result of this we have so many friends from Iran to Israel, from USA, France to Russia.

BD dnt need to be ally of any one just like India. Result of this we have so many friends from Iran to Israel, from USA, France to Russia.

Bangladesh does need ally, much more so than India, even India does need ally but not as much as Bangladesh as it is bigger and more self sufficient. No country in this world can afford not to have allies. Friends are just that friends. They are no substitute for allies.

Who you build alliance with, finding the right partners for the short, medium and long term is the big question for geopolitics.

Your intellectuality is beyond me. So why u quote me as u cant understand my language.
I said BD is more on india,china,Russia ally. The new emerging world power.
But officially BD has no ally. As we dont need any.

Russia has always been a world power, now going through a rough spot, since breakup of Soviet Union, but its future is bright and it has lots of potentials. China is becoming a world power. India's prospect are questionable other than being a regional power at best. Even in its own region, South Asia, India has no record of being successful with any kind of wise long term policies with its neighbors.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom