What's new

Cross-border attack: Pakistan's patience 'running thin' with Afghan Taliban

Our patience should be running thin with India who is sponsoring this terrorism.

@Vapnope

Vapnope bhai,

i would have made a settlement with IEA to operate in Afghanistan to crush these filthy scums.

It is a common misconception that the Afghan Taliban and TTP are two distinct and monolithic bodies. They are not. Both entities are loose umbrella formations of several groups, with distinct power bases and interests. What you are suggesting isnt easy at all. It will need a long haul on part of the Pak Establishment.

Regards

The leadership is not that stupid, conflict with the Taliban is the last thing on the table, and there's a lot of things we are unaware of.

If they were so anti-Pakistan, why would they host Moeed Yusuf?

They are as much of a victim as Pakistan... TTP-BLA is foreign backed elements and Kabul wants no part of them they said this again and again..

We gotta be ahead of the pack by that I mean 10 times ahead of them intellectually... By perfectly knowing who is behind them you don't need to be math genius..

We will never fall into our bait we are to smart for that shxt...

But the Indians will eventually hook on the bait and militarily lose in a complete conquest scenario.. Mark my words.. If you are alive 30-40 years from now you would witness it as they will hook on the bait.. But just wait and sit in patience as the fish will grab the bait eventually without rush...

Last edited:
@Vapnope

Vapnope bhai,

i would have made a settlement with IEA to operate in Afghanistan to crush these filthy scums.

It is a common misconception that the Afghan Taliban and TTP are two distinct and monolithic bodies. They are not. Both entities are loose umbrella formations of several groups, with distinct power bases and interests. What you are suggesting isnt easy at all. It will need a long haul on part of the Pak Establishment.

Regards
Soulspokeperson bhai, i am not saying TTP and IEA are one just saying that TTP is our problem not theirs. And if you can see my old comments when IEA was capturing Kabul, i always maintained that Taliban do not have the capacity to route out TTP hence we will have to do it ourselves.
No one is coming to Pakistan's help for Pakistan's problems.

They are baiting you into war. Mine the border.
And rebuild the forts (into earthen star forts with concrete Pill boxes to better protect the troops; this goes for Baluchistan as well) add trenches of barbed wire and re-equip the troops with longer range sniper and grenade launchers with fire control systems so enemies can be knocked out before they have the ability to shoot at our troops.

Sure it’s going to cost a good deal to re-equip the troops and give them enhanced forts, but this conflict isn’t likely to get any better unless any would be attacker knows that to go against the border troops is certain death.

Also, another option, as a punitive measure the border can be closed within a certain radius of an attack. But this too should be used cautiously and sparingly.

Carrying out an air strike can have unintended consequences. Securing the border is a condition that needs to be managed indefinitely, so I can respect the government’s hesitation to be cautious. That is why better hardening the border is the best option, IMHO.

BTW, expenses to secure the border can be considered real world training for troops. Especially now that the LOC is quieter.

Last edited:
@Vapnope

Vapnope bhai,

i always maintained that Taliban do not have the capacity to route out TTP hence we will have to do it ourselves. No one is coming to Pakistan's help for Pakistan's problems.

+100

Regards

We used to have excuses before. Afghanistan was occupied by US/NATO forces. It was difficult for Pakistan to intervene. That era has passed now.

I understand that Pak doesn't want to antagonize the Afghan Taliban, but when your soldiers are being attacked day in day out something needs to change. I am not a fan of upsetting the other side by doing US type unilateral operations. It creates distrust and does more harm than good. The question is whether Afghan Taliban can conduct operations against TTP based on intel provided by Pak intel agencies. Shouldn't this be next step in tackling Indian sponsored terror groups?

Pakistan patience 'running thin' with Afghan Taliban. Taliban need to show some progress otherwise, pakistan will do the job Taliban failed to do.

Pakistan will have to spend more money on surveillance, security cameras, drones, snipers. Pakistan will have to establish dmz in Afghanistan side.

Last edited:
How can Religious leaders / Tribesmen / Illiterate Mercenaries rule a country ?

Physical presence without PATCHES is required just like in the 1980s during the Cold War and in good numbers 40 000 - 50 000, till the last enemy / terrorist is eliminated Or perhaps How Turkey has created safe zones inside Syrian Territory but unofficially of course.

Pak Army defeated them in their strong hold. Why would we screw our realtions with a State just Because some Low level idiots decided to Attack our troops when we were In talks with the Afghan Leadership. And do you really think those NDS and Ex ANA who were recruited by the CIA or RAW for 20 years Vanished overnight after the American cowardice withdrawal from Afghanistan ?
Obviously they are still on the ground and in Contact with their Respective agencies and it takes only two Aks and couple of Magazines by the CIA or RAW agents to execute an ambush to undermine the Pak Afghan relations simple.

Pak Army defeated them in their strong hold. Why would we screw our realtions with a State just Because some Low level idiots decided to Attack our troops when we were In talks with the Afghan Leadership. And do you really think those NDS and Ex ANA who were recruited by the CIA or RAW for 20 years Vanished overnight after the American cowardice withdrawal from Afghanistan ?
Obviously they are still on the ground and in Contact with their Respective agencies and it takes only two Aks and couple of Magazines by the CIA or RAW agents to execute an ambush to undermine the Pak Afghan relations simple.

20 years is awful lot of time to perfectly know how and where to eliminate TTP plus BLA terrorists. Pakistan proudly sent and submitted dossier about terrorists, who and where they are to UN, USA, EU capitals. That's means PA knows where they are. PA killed TTP in Pak territories at great loss to civilians. Created great internal human catastrophe and terrorists have emboldened and attacking more and more.
Army running shadow government and has no clue how to eliminate resurgence of TTP, BLA, and other terrorist outfits.
Terrorism has increased manifold! Someone is lax! Was anyone fired/removed from military establishment???

Nah, Pakistani's are very patient they will give their women to Afghan Taliban, they will open their homes for them, they will let them take over Pakistan, they will let them do suicide attacks in Pakistan, but Afghani biraaaaatharrrrrrrrrrrrr... Mulk rahe na rahe, Afghani rehna chaiye.

Pakistan army /Defense establishment has no clue how to defend pakistan from terrorism.
TTP and BLA/Affiliates attack, PA and Militia reply and then wait for more attacks to respond. That is the end of their intellectual thinking.
Just like US politics is marred with dysfunction due to special interests preventing any reforms from taking place, similarly in Pakistan too many special interest and lobbies are conspiring to further their agenda to the detriment of the state and state is paralyzed by these lobbies to do anything to break the chains.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom